Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by isaac
Hard to believe folks think this has anything to do with the 2A.

Well, look at it like this.

He was reported to have a "Gun" in his waist band, in a State that allows "Open Carry"(in a waist band), on his own property and in his own house. He did not "Brandish", he did not wave it in a threatening manner.

Yet a mere phone call to Police about a Man With a Gun (on his own property) generated a SWAT team response. Does not the 2nd Amendment give him the right to carry on his own property?

What do you think would have happened to him if he had an itch and needed to scratch his fat belly, that's right he would be dead.

Back to the 2nd. What do you think would have happened if it was a real gun? He most likely would have been arrested or at least detained for exercising his 2nd Amendment right on His Own Property.

Please show me where the SWAT team was on this call. It says that there were several Troopers with "assault rifles" outside and that the cops had called him out using a PA System. How does that become SWAT?

If I know I'm going to a call of a "man with a gun" I don't just go with my side arm. I take a long gun.

Do you have knowledge of what information the caller actually told the police dispatcher? Did he just say "man with a gun"? Did the caller say that the guy brandished a gun? Did he say the guy pointed a gun or threatened him with a gun?

You don't know. I don't know.

You girls go back to your high school ranting about boogey men wearing uniforms and carrying "assault rifles".

Ed

Will this work for ya?

http://bearingarms.com/absurd-gun-tattoo-leads-to-swat-call/

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by ranger1
Listening to people from the east coast argue about who has the most freedom is similar to listening to two retards arguing about which one is the most retarded. Which is to say, none of you poor people over there are the least bit free and you don't even know it.

.....and then a third retard joins in without having the slightest idea what he's discussing.

Hahaha! Are you the third retard or was that directed at me?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems like an over-response to the situation.

Of course the tree trimmers might have exaggerated that he treatened them with the gun and how they were really, really scared for their lifes.

Not that anyone would do something like that.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JBGQUICK
Seems like an over-response to the situation.

Of course the tree trimmers might have exaggerated that he treatened them with the gun and how they were really, really scared for their lifes.

Not that anyone would do something like that.

If they did these Officers should be paying them a visit, doncha think.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Nope. Just because some blogger calls it a SWAT callout in a headline, written to grab someone's attention, doesn't make it a fact.

Still no evidence there was a SWAT callout. Exaggerate all you want, the facts are the facts.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
A couple of trespassers call the cops because they erroneously think the property owner had a gun when he told them to GTF off of his property....so, why didn't the trespassers go to jail???

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
If they were powerline company contractors clearing the lines of trees, they have a right to be there via the utility easement rights. So, technically NOT trespassers.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
One thing about a police state, you can always find the police. ~ L Neil Smith

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
If they were powerline company contractors clearing the lines of trees, they have a right to be there via the utility easement rights. So, technically NOT trespassers.

Ed

Only if they remain on the easement. On my property, the easement is very narrow, they have to remain within 3 feet of the property line.....they never do....

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Nope. Just because some blogger calls it a SWAT callout in a headline, written to grab someone's attention, doesn't make it a fact.

Still no evidence there was a SWAT callout. Exaggerate all you want, the facts are the facts.

Ed

The question to me was,

Please show me where the SWAT team was on this call. It says that there were several Troopers with "assault rifles" outside and that the cops had called him out using a PA System. How does that become SWAT?

In the link I posted "It"says SWAT. He asked, I showed, nuff said.

Last edited by steve4102; 03/20/14.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AR15 = SWAT doncha know? wink

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
In the link I posted "It"says SWAT. He asked, I showed, nuff said.
===========

TFF. Explains a lot.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
He was probably a Greenpeace activist upset over the assault to a defenseless oak...
[bleep] tattooed Lorax.

To bad the cops didn't waste him.

Would have made a better story.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ringworm
He was probably a Greenpeace activist upset over the assault to a defenseless oak...
[bleep] tattooed Lorax.

To bad the cops didn't waste him.

Would have made a better story.

For what, being on his own property...trying to get a sleep?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It's called sarcasm.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

236 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 18 invisible), 1,403 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,312
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.