Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Anybody have one? I've just about talked myself in to getting one. Seems you can get shroud extensions with extra baffles for bringing down the noise even further...supposedly a snap to pump because of the small reservoir & I really like the idea of the attaching stock...compact, light weight, accurate, quiet, powerful enough for rats & cats & can be had for about $350...might be time for a yard sale grin

BP-B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Would like to have one, but illegal in my state. Tons of information here:
http://www.marauderairrifle.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33&sid=36e3cd59813b38e8ccba245a879007c8

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tmitch
http://www.marauderairrifle.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=33&sid=36e3cd59813b38e8ccba245a879007c8

Dang!
I presume you mean the shoulder stock is illegal.
Which gulag do you live in?

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Here in Ca. they passed a law requiring air fill stations to be CARB (Air resources board) compliant...$90 permit. The way the law is written, it could be interpreted to make hand pumps taxable...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wonder how long it would take to hand pump a scuba tank?

Next step...... FartTax!

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
After looking closer & doing a little research, it looks to be a bad April fools joke...AB1984 grin
But if any lawmakers see it, I'm sure it'll give them new ideas at robbing a few more tax dollars from us...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Dang!
I presume you mean the shoulder stock is illegal.
Which gulag do you live in?

Nope, in Michigan, pellet guns .177 and over with rifled barrels are considered firearms by the state. A pellet pistol has to be purchased with a permit and registered in accordance to state handgun laws. Also, since they're "firearms" they cannot be equipped with a devise the alters the report. The Marauder rifle and pistol have shrouded barrels making them illegal no matter what their length. Stupid, eh?

Charter Member

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Reckon the law is a response to the Purple Gang and their BB guns? wink

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well, the postman dropped one off at my house a couple weeks ago. When it arrived, it was showing about 1500 PSI for a charge. I didn't have any .22 pellets, so I went to the local Wally World & picked up the only ones they carried (CPHPs), I also went to the local paintball store & let them charge it up to 2500 brought it home & quickly sighted it at 15 yds.

I was lucky to be able to keep them in a 3/4" circle... frown I managed to pull a few unmolested pellets out of my rag trap & even under a magnifier I couldn't find any rifling marks which probably explained the wild pattern, then I got my caliper out & measured some out of the tin... .220??? Hmmm.

I set everything aside & ordered some JSBs to try, including some PolyMag Predators (which worked well in several Youtube videos I watched) in the mean time, I found a used pump at a good price & picked that up as well...after I got the pump, I charged it up to a full 3000 psi & tried the crossman pellets again...still no love...While waiting for The JSBs, I noticed that I was having a leakage problem of 2-300 psi overnight. I've narrowed it down to the valve & eventually will take it apart to replace the seals...I don't want to send it back to the factory, because I'm afraid they may send me a different gun & I DON'T WANT THAT!!! Once I got the JSBs, It shoots like a target rifle & at 25 yds, I'm stacking pellets in the same hole. grin I'm still tinkering with the hammer preload & throw & have gotten it up to 650 FPS with the 16.1 gr. polymags. It was also pretty quiet, but after I enlarged the air stripper holes a bit, it was even quieter....I'm gonna tinker with it a bit more till I get it where I want it, maybe a little heavier hammer spring & larger transfer port, but for $352.00 I paid for it, I'm liking it a lot.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sounds like you got a good barrel. The .22 barrels were always suspect on the Marauder rifles, maybe they got it sorted out now. I've had good luck with the JSBs in my .25.

Charter Member

szihn

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Sounds like you got a good barrel. The .22 barrels were always suspect on the Marauder rifles, maybe they got it sorted out now. I've had good luck with the JSBs in my .25.

If JSBs don't shoot well, chances are that nothing will. They have always been a top performer in all my air rifles...The barrel is GREAT!!! But I'm getting a leak down from the valve of about 2-300 lbs. overnight. It's a new gun (supposedly) that I ordered off amazon but when I swapped in a larger transfer port, I noticed that the receiver screws had a slight bit of corrosion on them. I have a supposed service center about 5 miles from my house, but after talking to the guy yesterday, there is NO WAY I'm gonna let him touch this gun...(he's a dickweasel & dufuss) I'll fix it myself or die trying... grin I've ordered a Disco spring & am gonna try the B-staley mod & play around with different transfer port sizes...(I can always go back to the stock configuration) Hopefully I can get the gun to shoot a magazine or two at close to 850 fps with the JSB Predator Polymags because at 25 yds. they almost always go into the same hole. I realize that bumping up the velocity may change things up a bit, but DAMN!!! This gun is fun to play with.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I am liking the Predator\Polys in my Ben/392.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a bag full of the BStaley O-rings, and I'm just up the hill.

Heck, I even have to be down in Sac on the 22nd, from 1:00-4:00.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Thanks for the offer Scott but I ordered a bunch of different sizes as spares...I should have enough to rebuild it a dozen times over...I'm not sure what's gonna come up, but if I'm free, maybe I could buy you lunch...

As a side note, I got one of the opossums that's been teasing my dogs...Popped him last night & the garbage just got picked up...perfect timing. smirk

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Borrowed a benjamin nitro trail pistol. Not real impressed with it. A marauder in .25 is on my short wish list!

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'd like a .25 but I think when the time comes, I'll go with a Airforce Condor SS.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a Marauder 25 and love it. So far it has dispatched a couple of porcupines that were eating on the side of my garage, and several of the small red squirrels at about 60 yds! Can't wait to chase gray squirrels with it.

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
While I really like the pistol/carbine, I don't think I'll be buying any more Crosman/Benjamin products. They are lacking in their quality control department. Mine was leaking air pressure from the valve (2-300 psi overnight). It's a long story, but I ultimately decided to attempt to fix it myself rather than send the (new) gun in for repair or replacement. The air reservoir was badly scratched on the inside & the valve was slightly boogered up but still serviceable. The threads on the gauge port were rough & had slivers of metal protruding to the inside of the reservoir. I polished the inside of the tube, chased & cleaned the threads, replaced all the o-rings, put in a different hammer spring & a larger transfer port along with doing the B-Staley mod...I also drilled out the holes in the air stripper a little & it significantly quieted the gun. About 4 hrs. worth of working on it along with around $20 in new parts has made it a completely different beast.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I really like my Mrod 25 but it is a damn tank!

I am interested in a Prod 22 and I will probably trip a centerfire and add one to the safe, short, light and if anything like the Mrod, accurate.

I will say I missed feral target a week ago and thought I should verify POI. Tacked a target to a tree at 25 yards and was amazed to see 2-3" groups.

I was shooting Benjamin Domes and recently switched to Benjamin Destroyers.

I shot a group with Domes and I was back to .5-.75" groups off an unsteady rest with a Redfield 3x9 that is not exactly parallax free at that range.

Pellets make a difference for sure.

Dave

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"While I really like the pistol/carbine, I don't think I'll be buying any more Crosman/Benjamin products."

I feel your right on the quality control, but their customer service when I used them was top notch and made it right and then some (rifle was a Benjamin Discovery).

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
637 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,960 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.