Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
valad Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
I am going to look for a Leupy 3-9xAO-EFR scope for my LH 452 22RF and I have a RH 452 22Mag. I actually need to get two scopes in order to keep the scopes on the rifle. So I may need to dish the 3-9xAO EFR if I want to buy two of them. Where do you buy these EFR scopes at? And what other scopes have the AO or are at least rimfire scopes (with the parallex set at 50 yards?) I need rings for these rifles so what recommend rings are used with these CZs?

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
This is a good alternative to the Leupold 3X9 EFR
http://clearidgeoptics.com/default.aspx?act=pro&opt=detail&id=849

I would use the Burris Signature ringmounts, not the Signature Z which fit a weaver base.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 03/30/14.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You can get both at Amazon, good prices there to.

V
valad Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
The clearing optics, what kind of warranty do they have? For the $250 Clearing scope per the lin...that is only $150 less than Leupold's EFR scope. And should I have problems with this Clearing scope then that is money down the drain if there is no good warranty.

I saw someone mention online that there is also a Weaver RV9 3x9x32 AO. Will check that out.

Also online someone stated that BKL Technologies was bought by an air gun company and quality has gone downhill. Anyone know if BKL was acquired by another company?

There are lot of choices for scopes and rings. But my son's CZ Scout rifle had the Sightron SI Rimfire scope on his rifle and the bolt hit the bell. I would have to check what mounts are on his rifle. So I went ahead and removed the Sightron SI and will use this on my CZ American but need to find mounts for my rifle.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I am ordering one of the Nikon 3-9x40 ERF scopes from Optical Planet. The Nikon optics are top notch. I do really like the Leupold compact (now ultralight) for my cf rifles to keep the weight down. I have Nikons on a couple big bore guns, where I like the added weight. On my XXII I use a light 2-7 Leupold.

The Nikon is not for light weight. I dont picture any of the 4-12 or big 3-9 for serious walking around. I want the 'fun' of a big (big to me) scope on my current 22mag. I only shoot that close to home.

These are on sale, $150:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/nikon-prostaff-target-efr-3-9x40-rifle-scope.html

I like what RH recommended for rings because I plan to move this scope around and like idea of the protection for this scope. I just changed my order. Burris Zee uses plastic ring inserts. Other wise I was going to cheap out on Weaver Grand Slam. I dont think there is a metric Grand Slam. I though I read someplace that some of the CZ were 3/8? Maybe the all 452 are the same, is that 11mm? I dont have a CZ rim fire. Anyway, incase you did not know about the plastic inserts. FYI. Not as much pretty as functional.

I believe Nikon is lifetime. I know you cannot beat Leupold for warranty.

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by valad
The clearing optics, what kind of warranty do they have? For the $250 Clearing scope per the lin...that is only $150 less than Leupold's EFR scope. And should I have problems with this Clearing scope then that is money down the drain if there is no good warranty.

I saw someone mention online that there is also a Weaver RV9 3x9x32 AO. Will check that out.

Also online someone stated that BKL Technologies was bought by an air gun company and quality has gone downhill. Anyone know if BKL was acquired by another company?

There are lot of choices for scopes and rings. But my son's CZ Scout rifle had the Sightron SI Rimfire scope on his rifle and the bolt hit the bell. I would have to check what mounts are on his rifle. So I went ahead and removed the Sightron SI and will use this on my CZ American but need to find mounts for my rifle.

Clearidge has lifetime full warranty. They are quality Japanese made scopes, not Junk. Very similar to Weaver but with better adjustments.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/clearidge_ultraRM_3-9x32.htm

Lots of guys at rimfirecentral rave about them.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by fourbore
I am ordering one of the Nikon 3-9x40 ERF scopes from Optical Planet. The Nikon optics are top notch. I do really like the Leupold compact (now ultralight) for my cf rifles to keep the weight down. I have Nikons on a couple big bore guns, where I like the added weight. On my XXII I use a light 2-7 Leupold.

The Nikon is not for light weight. I dont picture any of the 4-12 or big 3-9 for serious walking around. I want the 'fun' of a big (big to me) scope on my current 22mag. I only shoot that close to home.

These are on sale, $150:

http://www.opticsplanet.com/nikon-prostaff-target-efr-3-9x40-rifle-scope.html

If you get the Burris Zee rings you will need a weaver adapter. You want the plane Signature ringmounts. They do have the inserts.

I don't like the Nikon because they are 1/2 MOA clicks. I can shoot a tight enough group that it may not be centered with 1/2 clicks.
I like what RH recommended for rings because I plan to move this scope around and like idea of the protection for this scope. I just changed my order. Burris Zee uses plastic ring inserts. Other wise I was going to cheap out on Weaver Grand Slam. I dont think there is a metric Grand Slam. I though I read someplace that some of the CZ were 3/8? Maybe the all 452 are the same, is that 11mm? I dont have a CZ rim fire. Anyway, incase you did not know about the plastic inserts. FYI. Not as much pretty as functional.

I believe Nikon is lifetime. I know you cannot beat Leupold for warranty.

If you get the Burris Zee rings you will need a weaver adapter. You want the plane Signature ringmounts. They do have the inserts.

I don't like the Nikon because they are 1/2 MOA clicks. I can shoot a tight enough group that it may not be centered with 1/2 clicks.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
+1 on RHC's Clearidge recommendation for a rimfire AO scope. I have both the Clearidge Ultra RM and Leupy 3-9 EFR and actually prefer the Clearidge. Excellent rimfire scope for the money.

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Sorry, I mis spoke. That is Signature. I guess I better also consider Clearidge, before I hit the checkout. I may get out for a look at those someplace next week.

I guess the Nikon specs mis state the click resolution. Or I read it wrong. I am sure someplace stated 1/4 MOA.

I spent some more time on the Nikon website. The 3-9x40 pro staff is offered in several versions of both RF and CF. A fixed parallax & focus rim fire set for 50 years as well as center fire versions set for 100 yards and then the adj focus and parallax, called ERF target. they all say 1/4 inch per click but not actually specify the range. I am surprised to think the CF scope is 1/4 at 100yds and rim fire (ERF target) version would be 1/4 at 50yds. Huh,...

Last edited by fourbore; 03/30/14.
V
valad Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
The reason why I was inquiring about the clearing scope is because it looks cheaply made from the picture at least compared to Leupold's scope. And if churckhawks recommends them then that must be something. Been a long while since I read Chuck's site.

Actually the Nikon looks better but if it is a 1/2 MOA then this will be a showstopper as the rimfire shoots tiny groups from 25 to 50 yards.

Someone said the Burris signature have inserts in the rings? I have a Burris ring on another rifle and like them as they do not scratch up scopes tubes since some scopes are a tight fit. But I forgot what Burris rings I have. So I will look into the Signature rings for the plain ones. Where do you order your Signature rings from?

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by fourbore
Sorry, I mis spoke. That is Signature. I guess I better also consider Clearidge, before I hit the checkout. I may get out for a look at those someplace next week.

I guess the Nikon specs mis state the click resolution. Or I read it wrong. I am sure someplace stated 1/4 MOA.

May be a bit confusing but I was fairly sure they were 1/2 clicks.
This one just says 1/4 clicks.
http://swfa.com/Nikon-3-9x40-ProStaff-Rimfire-Scope-P48766.aspx
This one says 1/4 at 50 yards 1/2 MOA
http://www.opticsplanet.com/nikon-prostaff-rimfire-3-9x40mm-riflescope-matte-w-bdc-150-reticle.html

And the target EFR is 1/2 MOA
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/27...stable-objective-precision-reticle-matte

Just make sure what you are buying, I guess.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by valad
The reason why I was inquiring about the clearing scope is because it looks cheaply made from the picture at least compared to Leupold's scope. And if churckhawks recommends them then that must be something. Been a long while since I read Chuck's site.

Actually the Nikon looks better but if it is a 1/2 MOA then this will be a showstopper as the rimfire shoots tiny groups from 25 to 50 yards.

Someone said the Burris signature have inserts in the rings? I have a Burris ring on another rifle and like them as they do not scratch up scopes tubes since some scopes are a tight fit. But I forgot what Burris rings I have. So I will look into the Signature rings for the plain ones. Where do you order your Signature rings from?

The Leupold would be my first choice but the Clearidge is a good cheaper alternative.
I think these are the Ringmounts you want.
http://www.opticsplanet.com/burris-airgun-rimfire-signature-1-rifle-scope-mount-rings.html
They come with two sets of side plates to fit 3/8 rails and 11mm rails. I would get medium with anything 40mm and under.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
RH, we simultaneously posted. I edited my last post.

What I think is: Optical Planet and Midway copy the info from the Nikon website. I looked at the Nikon website and they dont spell out the distance. I may go ahead and call Nikon next week. Or valad may wish to confirm himself. I dont know that would be a deal breaker for me. It really reads like 1/4 moa at the Nikon site. If I were not alerted to the possibility, I would have just assumed it was saying 1/4 moa across the 3-9x40 pro staff lineup.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yea the Nikon EFR 3-9x40 @ 150.00 is a good price and free shipping, I just purchased one to.

Last edited by Outbackandy; 03/30/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like big scopes and one must be able to dial out parallax.

1Minute
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
BKL is now part of AirForce Airguns...the quality of their product has not gone downhill...

Because of the high bolt throw you will need fairly high rings to clear the ocular end of most scopes. I have used the Warne 7.3 High from Brownells and they fit great. Have also used the Burris and they worked fine also. It will mainly depend on what scope you choose as some have much larger ocular bells than others and it also depends on how far back you put the eyepiece.

For a higher power scope for .22s without costing a lot of money, I've found the Bushnell Trophy 4-12 and 6-18 to be excellent for the money.

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJM
BKL is now part of AirForce Airguns...the quality of their product has not gone downhill...

Bob

I just bought a set of risers from them for my Remington 540, not a thing wrong with them and good service on the order.

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think the BLK's are higher than the Buris Signature mediums. they seem a bit bulky too. This thread should give you plenty of options and pictures.
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336921

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
The Nikon EFR's are a great scope. Not selling my leupolds but the Nikons are really something for 150.00. I have 2 3x9efr leupolds and 2 6.5x20x40 efr's, but I will buy more Nikons even though I don't like them quite as much as the leupolds.

MOLON LABE
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I've got a Clearidge on a LH CZ 452 in Leupold med rings. I can make the bolt hit the power adjustment ring but it doesn't hit in normal use. The Nikon wasn't an option when I bought the Clearidge but I wanted gloss anyway. I'm happy with it. Oh- duplex dot in my scope. The choice of finish and reticle is nice to have, and the scope looks better than the image on the website.

Support your local brewer.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Pointbock
I've got a Clearidge on a LH CZ 452 in Leupold med rings. I can make the bolt hit the power adjustment ring but it doesn't hit in normal use. The Nikon wasn't an option when I bought the Clearidge but I wanted gloss anyway. I'm happy with it. Oh- duplex dot in my scope. The choice of finish and reticle is nice to have, and the scope looks better than the image on the website.

I think the Burris mediums are slightly taller than Leupold mediums. Anyone interested can refer to the Rimfirecentral CZ scope and mounts thread I posted.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

I'm using Talley CZ rimfire lows with the Clearidge 3-9x32 AO on my 455 and the fit is perfect...just enough clearance of the power ring and EP.

[Linked Image]

"Good judgment comes from experience but unfortunately, experience is often derived from a series of bad judgments"
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by MCT3

I'm using Talley CZ rimfire lows with the Clearidge 3-9x32 AO on my 455 and the fit is perfect...just enough clearance of the power ring and EP.

[Linked Image]

that thar, is an excellent setup.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MCT3

[Linked Image]

Don't take this the wrong way, but nice wood!

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Fine looking rifle MCT3

Last edited by hunterjrg; 04/03/14.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks fellas and no offense taken Pappy laugh. I've been messing with this rifle for a while and have done a few upgrades. It's been pillar and glass bedded, a dip aluminum magwell added and the firing pin spring upgraded to a JP Chrome Silicon Increased Power spring. Accuracy has significantly improved, esp with the 22 WMR barrel that I'm currently using.

Last edited by MCT3; 04/04/14.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just measured the American 17hmr -fit was exactly the same on CZ 22 Style.
Burris medium signature rimfire rings , max ocular diameter 1.500" ,,max objective 2.130".
The bolt on both rifles comes within 1/10" of ocular ,,about 0.35" of objective lens.
The scope is a 5.5x16.5 monarch ucc on hmr , Style has a 3x9-32 weaver classic rimfire.
A few guys on Rimfirecentral did some testing in the Ajustable Objective ideas -- with your eye lined up as crooked as you can get it in the scope it makes a difference of roughly 1/4" off at 50yds..
So scopes with 100yd. parallax should be fine unless you're shooting bugs and drinking a lot.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have the Clearidge Ultra RM on a CZ 512 .22 mag and am very happy with it. It is mounted with Warne .22 rings.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (160user, 2500HD, 204guy, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,636
Posts18,455,269
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.