Print Thread
Hop To
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Shooting cowbirds out the kitchen window, short range, and have things out there past the fence about 200 yards that I have to be careful about..

Shooting super colibri now but running out... will buy more but in the meantime.. wife asked about a pellet gun.

Quiet is very nice.... and pellets I could easily buy 10,000 without breaking the bank for rainy days.

But I"m seeing 1000 plus FPS, and if its more than speed of sound its going to be way louder than colibri at 500 fps.

Any opinions of hte 22 cal version shooting lead at something under 1000 fps and with the "suppressor"

We shoot from inside the house and try to keep the muzzle inside the house too, so gun noise isn't such a big deal.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
No personal experience with Gamo but here's a couple reviews to get you started.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sbnXwzgLJMA[/video]

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mimFFcVNU9g[/video]

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I"m seeing 1000 plus FPS

Keep in mind those figures are based on using the absolute
lightest
pellets for the calibers.

It's not hard to get velocities down below the speed of sound with most guns by simply using heavy pellets

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
See some reports on 750 ish with lead which would be just fine.

Super Colibri is supposedly 500 and dang quiet as is without any noise reducing device.

Maybe I'll find out in 2 weeks or so.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
you can murder birds out to at least 25 yds with nothing more than a beeman R7, and they are as quiet as youre going to get. velocity with a 7 or 8 g pellet is maybe 600 fps

[Linked Image]

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
IC B2

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Rifle came in. Windy as heck but put the scope on it, and have it basically sighted in.

First shot got a bird, next got 2 in one shot, and have done doubles a few times.

Missed 2 up in the tree tops in the wind, but have not had time to zero it perfectly yet to see how it really shoots with premier lead pellets.

Noise out of the muzzle is minimal. Watering garden and the wife shot a few times, I was in the front yard, she shot out the side window and I thought I might have heard something but wasn't sure.

I don't think its as quiet as super colibri. But the noise is in the spring letting go... I may try to wrap something around the stock to solve that problem a bit better.

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Seems like the gun is starting to settle in a bit. May very well be easily worht the money when 1000 pellets are done too.

I"ve continued to do doubles easily if my timing is right on the trigger and now have 2 triples too. Crossman premier pellets seem to work fine.

Have yet to stretch its legs to say 30-40 ish yards in trees, but just need to figure out the drop there and should be ok. Wind has been crazy though and I suspect thats caused some misses too.

Jeff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,352 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,621
Posts18,455,093
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.