Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Well, before I get through this hunt report there will be a stack of people I need to thank. This trip had it all, there was a surprise for my wife, some great hunting, �my young blokes first African kill and my daughters first trip there, a few days detour at the end and just some of the best family time ive had in years.
Without the people involved to help me none of this would have been possible, I cant say or repay you enough. :goodstuff: :goodstuff:

First of all to thank is heath kahlee and Noelene (shells mum) � between the three of them, all the planning that had been put into place to surprise Shelley who was playing cricket for Australia in Africa at the world cup. (she new I was coming but had no idea the kids were) There were doctors visits for the kids, needles, prescrption pickups and just so much [bleep] going on it was crazy�.even the kids at the ages of 6 and 7 not telling mum was a miracle. �Heath even drove a vehicle for me to victoria, helped with the reloading and just getting everything sorted. Kahlee worked with Noelene driving around picking up stuff, getting the kids ready, letting the school and everyone know the kids were away and all this and Shelley had no clue���. :toocool: :toocool:
Another person who I owe a huge thanks���.the bondy man. �I figured if I booked all the flights and Shelley was doing some of the banking she would realize there was more than just me coming from the amount of coin missing from our accounts���well �bondy helped book the flights�..then when I got over there and Shelley saw the kids I had to explain that bondy fitted part of the flight bill and I was then able to send the cash back���.that was a huge huge huge effort and one I cant thank you enough for (would of made life easier if we went cattle class I spose but imagine being trapped with me in economy�..) :roll: :roll: :shock:

Righto onto the trip����.
We flew down to Sydney on the Saturday arvo, stayed the night at the Stamford plaza and then flew out on the Sunday morning, worst of all by the time we get to the airport then check in etc etc do the flight to joberg then drive another 3 hours the kids have been up for 24hours + �they didn�t complain ��but dad did

getting ready for the plane ride

[Linked Image]

Charl from infinito safaris met Shelley at the airport�..she still had no idea I was bringing the kids and then when we arrived she just burst into tears, she was going to ask me if we could leave a day or 2 early as she had been away for a few weeks longer than me. Charl got all the rifles through, got us in the hilux, had pre organized dinner in bed for the kids and had us ready for our weeks hunting. �You will hear me thank charl and his girlfriend Erica a lot��and that�s because they have some of the best hunting lands all over the African continent, the best contacts, are great people but best of all��.they should have been aussies because they hunt talk, think and act like us, they make everything so stress free its amazing. They are simply awesome and every species in Africa you ever wish to hunt�..they can do it and are more than happy to look after the ferals members.
First day�..well we were all still pretty wrecked, we drove around saw a heap of species but just left a lot of stuff alone, we didn�t really have a plan on what to shoot, there were a few animals on the list but we were going to hunt a few areas so we didn�t need to bust ourselves to much and charl is very honest in his views�..he will say something like���Shelley, there is a nice kudu there, it would make a good trophy and I could take your money now��but we can do better, if we don�t I loose out� � I like this honesty I must say.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

BP-B2

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B

The second day we had a very early start. �One of my animals wanted was a waterbuck, the guys new where one frequented a waterhole but it was about 30km away and every time they saw him over the last few months he was just running flat out and they couldn�t get a shot through the thick stuff. �We had been hunting for about 3 hours when solly the tracker spotted him�..and yep he burst out of some thick scrub in front of us. �I had a small window about 80m away where I could just see his neck out the top of the growth so ilet fly with the 300wby and 155gr ACP and dropped him on the spot with a running neck shot��.i was stocked

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As we were coming back out of the high ground onto the open plains I saw a few white blesbock�.i had already shot a brown one on previous trips so I decided to take a shot. �They were walking towards us but they were going to get into some scrub so at about 350m on the walk I let another ACP go��and my blesbock was down

[Linked Image]

Well after the days hunting we were pretty spent so after a quiet bourbon round the fire it was bed time. I relived the 2 shots in my head, the first just a snap shot on a large animal at close range, the second a long range shot on small game and my bullets��although happy with in Australia were showing there potential in Africa�..a great feeling for me personally for the time and money put into them.

The next day was an early start again, all the afternoon the day before we tried to find Shelley a kudu��.but came up with nothing��.its hilly, hard going and thick. � �
On our travels the next day I came across a few zebra, I already have a skin but wanted a shoulder mount so at about 200m I took this one���go the ACP

[Linked Image]

We continued to hunt and after seeing quite a few warthogs Shelley decided to roll one. This was on her list to do, the shot�.perfect, on the run at 120m both lungs and it sort of dropped the guts out as well�..this destroyed the chance of a full mount but a shoulder one will be fine until she gets a bigger one.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
We had pretty much given up hope of a kudu after nearly 2 days looking and it was near dark, but we knew they were there. �All of a sudden 4 bulls were spotted busting through the scrub, we �were in a clearing and with a bit of luck they would give Shelley a tiny chance�� �they did, the third was the biggest and as it run into the clearing and away from us shell shot it in the left arse cheek and then 40m later one very impressive trophy was on the ground. �These are the most impressive plains game bar none imo. �They are just awesome, and we now have 3 of them to put on walls.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here is where I would like to talk about my bullets. Yes im biased, �yes im going to push them hard for sales but a couple of things happened which I really liked�.. �first of all, we knew they work here In aus�.we shoot heaps of stuff with them, but putting a lot of money down for a hunt you need to be confident.
The bullets are very accurate, they had opened up on small game at long range, on big game at short range and long range and now at a regular sort of hunting distance of about 100m, penetrated 2 metres of an animal bigger than a sambar stag and turned the insides to soup. �It shed the petals about 4 feet in but the secondary expansion works and the pictures show that��.i am stoked with these and imo this was there most extreme test as they are going at just under 3600fps so out of 30-06 308 and 300win mag velocities they will be even more predictable.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The next day we were trying to get tyler my 7yo �either �a wildebeest or impale or baboon. �The little bastard shoots real well and we tested him with a .243 as I didn�t know if the recoil would mess him up. �He shot an inch group on paper with it so we thought righto lets see what he can do. �After about an hours hunting we spotted an impala ram and a few of its girls, as we tried to get into position the ram run, tyler fired as they went away from us and I asked him what happened as it all went down so quick. �He said � dad I saw the three, but when they run I tried to shoot the one with horns from behind and I think I got him�
Well ��.the ram went about 40m and fell over, the shot was in the right hip with the bullet finishing in the lungs��.he called it spot on�..its amazing what you can teach a kid and charl was saying tyler is the youngest client he has ever had and a lot better shot than many others���.im so proud of him.

we dragged it out of the grass for a better photo :toocool:

[Linked Image]

We still had �a few days to go so I decided to go to sun city as now we all had a few trophies I would like to give the kids some relax time. I rang up and got the suite booked at the palace��..holy crap it�s a cool place, if you ever go to Africa go there��..there a several types of accom but this one is the top of the line��.you will see why. �Best part is charl and Erica came with us for the 2 days as they then dropped us back to joberg, picked up more clients and were off to the Kalahari for a lion hunt.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There are so many more pics I want to show but it will bore a lot of you, I will however put some videos up later on and put them all on one topic so you can see some bullet talk and relaxing time in the sun city palace.

All in all a great 10 days and if you ever think of going to Africa, or want to do a group trip with us next year�..let me know or charl at infinito

Cheers

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Nice story and fabulous pics! Congrats!

maddog

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Outstanding!
What make of rifle is that?

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
weatherby ultralight outfitter

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
D
Nice!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats! Thanks for the report.

You should tell us more about your bullets.

Last edited by AB2506; 03/30/14.
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
thanks guys, not sure weather i should though, is there any advertising rules. i do have a website about them though so if the mods say its cool ill post it up

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice story, great pics. great family - you are truly blessed. I sent you a pm to at least find your website.

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Awesome stuff. Charl is a great guy and runs a class outfit.
Congratulations on some fine trophies.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really nice trophies and really nice pictures with the kids. Love to see it. Glad you enjoyed!!!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great pics!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
646 members (222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 72 invisible), 2,816 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.