Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kid0917
He was a fighter, that one. Cancer had him beat down by the time I knew him, I am drawing a blank on his name now, must be gettin' old...

Burton...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A couple points... When the crew tells you to be on the beach you REALLY need to be on the beach at that time. There is a lot to a boat operation many folks would not imagine and ignoring those instructions can create all sorts of bad things which may have repercussions through the rest of the trip. If you are late once you will probably be instructed to be on the beach much earlier the next day. Trying to turn it into a game with some operations will get you chopped off at the socks... and you will have earned it.

There are a lot of operations that can turn very ugly in a heartbeat. When told to go, you go. Consequences can easily be a lot more than a little concern about wet feet.

I remember picking up Dennis the night he shot his deer and they got back to the beach much later than intended, but had to use a very difficult route up and down the mountain due to bad weather that kept me from picking them up outside of the little cove I dropped them in.

A lot of their tardiness was on me... But it was a safe enough spot. Often the weather dude gets the weather right but the timing way off. I think they often shade things toward the drawn out possibility and weather tends to arrive sooner than predicted.

Picking hunters up off the beach, especially with deer is tough enough in daylight with old hands at the surf game... Newbies in the dark in the surf can be a serious cluster. Make sure to follow every direction to the absolute Tee.

Realize that every weakness shown on your part is being weighed... Prove yourself to be performing poorly and all risks will be eliminated and you will not be dropped anywhere they would not drop a batch of Girl Scouts with elderly nuns as leaders. Those areas have been hunted very hard by November...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gristle
Thanks for the responses also guys. Its nice to have a resource where you can actually communicate with guys who are there and know the operations.

AMEN BROTHER!

When Ronald Reagan was president, we had Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.
Now that Barack Obama is president, we have NO hope and NO cash.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looking at doing the same hunt next Fall, would like something semi-guided with the options to shoot some ducks and maybe catch a fish or two.

Would like to keep it reasonably priced.

Life is just one damned thing after another
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by cal74
Looking at doing the same hunt next Fall, would like something semi-guided with the options to shoot some ducks and maybe catch a fish or two.

Would like to keep it reasonably priced.

I caught a "fish or two" that trip and even caught a gull grin

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
IF you are still looking for a Semi Guided hunt take a look into Larsen Bay Lodge. Great food, reliable boat drop off and pick up. Good Safari Club member and donor. Well run operation. I took a quality Buck with them and would go back if they are still in business.

On the other end of the spectrum, don't go with Rohrer Bear camp. Been there, done that, no recommended.

N.R.A. Endowment Life Member

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

295 members (2ndwind, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 10ring1, 36 invisible), 2,525 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,714
Posts18,457,051
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.