Page 1 of 2 1 2
AB2506 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have friends over there hunting elephant right now and more that were going in a few weeks. This is a bunch of BS

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Why 178 views and only one comment?

How did this come suddenly out of the blue with no warning? Who is behind it and what do they expect to gain? Who is paying them?

I don't know about Tanzania but in Zimbabwe elephants are as thick as anything. Because there are so many in Zimbabwe, this scheme would drastically reduce the places to hunt elephant and greatly increase the price of any elephant hunt. If this comes about, what's next? Lion? In 25 years what will be left? Plains game behind high fences?

What are the internal politics and how can we stop this?

Perhaps this is a back-door way for the Obamunists to "get even" with those of us who are not scared of firearms.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
The enviros are screaming the Elephant is being poached by the hundreds per day. That if a ivory ban is put in place it will stop poaching. We know the only county that will enforce the ban is America. It will escalate poaching as the elephant will not have the anti poaching squads, paid for by PH Outfitters, out looking for poachers. This is more anti hunting BS put on the American sportsman who are really the ones that pay for animal conservation. We are being regulated out of hunting.

AB2506 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You have an liberal activist administration in the Whitehouse. What they can't accomplish legislatively, they are accomplishing administratively.

America voted for Obama and this is just some of the "change" America gets.

I nominate Obama for the title of the worst President ever.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
unless you can get China to quit buying ivory at the rate thay do not a damn thing the US does is gonna have an impact....China by far is the number one consumer....and they aint sport hunters, they will take whatever they can get their hands on.....doesnt matter what every other country does, if China wants ivory, elephants will be poached

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep�hear that????????

Its the sound that all the elephant in the world will make after the ivory 'ban' is put into place�..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is a damn shame.

There are people on the ground hunting elephant right now and hundreds of hunters with elephant hunts booked that had no warning this was imminent.

Hard to understand the timing, I'd hate to be in Zim right now with an 75 pounder standing in front of me.

What a clusterphuck!!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep.....they just gotta punish the sport hunters that are doing nothing but keeping old past breeding age bulls from having to go through the hell of starving to death slowly.....every one of these idiots ought to be forced to read and reread Peter Beard's 'The End of the Game' and see just what happens when two many elephants are in to small of an area.....the pictures aint pretty

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yep, leave it our good ole govt. agencies to FUBAR anything they touch......and they get away with it.

maddog

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Everyone in the sport knew it was coming just not this fast. USFWS was at SCI and they were smug, arrogant, and basically telling the hunting community we were on a par with poachers. We have a marxist in the White House vested in eradicating any and all vestiges of what in his view is a white man's "colonial sport" and with a rabid anti-hunting female as head of the Dept of The Interior, you can bet cats are next... Thanks again democrats...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
USFWS are a bunch of anti hunting pricks. I cannot stand em and this prick move does not surprise me at all

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
According to posts on AR, this sudden ban even affects elephants already shot but not yet shipped to the US.

Yep, cats will be next. Then high fence hunting. Then bears. So it goes. What can we do about this?

Vote against all democrats for all offices whatsoever--state, local, mayor, dogcatcher or anything else. Don't let democrats join your gun club. Sure there are some good democrats. Let 'em prove it by changing their parties.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Sure there are some good democrats

Six feet under...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
SCI should challenge the ban in court....make USFW prove their case.I will bet there is no scientific substantiation for the ban.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
They are going after every piece of elephant ivory in the US. Check out KnifeRights also. You have to have verification of possession 100 years .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If its got a horn or a pecker, some chinaman is gonna try and eat it or smoke it. Blocking import and sale in the US is just pissing in the wind.

Fugg the USFWS.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
USFWS making decisions about sound game management in any country is like democraps making decisions about the direction of our country.

Neither will end well.

AB2506 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Dear SCI Members:

On April 4, 2014, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announced an immediate ban on the importation of sport-hunted elephant trophies from Zimbabwe and Tanzania. The ban will apply to trophies from elephants hunted on or after January 1, 2014 (trophies hunted in 2013 or before and trophies already imported into the U.S. will not be affected by the ban).

SCI is collecting information to determine the extent of the impact of this ban on our members. If you are an SCI member and fall into one of the following categories, please contact us by e-mail (aseidmansafariclub.org) at your earliest opportunity and tell us how the ban is affecting or will affect you:

1) You successfully hunted an elephant in Zimbabwe or Tanzania in 2014 and have not yet imported the trophy into the United States; or
2) You are currently on or are en route to an elephant hunt in Zimbabwe or Tanzania; or
3) You have an elephant hunt planned for Zimbabwe or Tanzania in 2014 and have already made a financial commitment towards the hunt.

If you are not an SCI member, please do not respond to this e-mail. Please do not forward this e-mail to friends and colleagues who are not SCI members. We are attempting to collect data from SCI members only.

Thank you.

If you no longer wish to receive email from us, please Unsubscribe here. Thanks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
before someone freaks out that SCI isnt fighting for everyone, just looking out for its members there are legal reasons why they are doing it that way.....one thing jack arse judges like to do is kick out arguments cause "they have no standing".....were SCI to include everyone some jack arse judge might kick out their complaint saying they have no standing to represent those people as they arent SCI members.....

seen this happen with Freedom of Information Act lawsuits here in Montana from time to time.......

AB2506 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Call to Action! Reverse the Suspension: Attend SCI Lobby Day

In the wake of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service�s abrupt suspension of 2014 elephant trophy imports from Zimbabwe and Tanzania on Friday April 4, 2014, Safari Club International must sound the call for ACTION!

Now, more than ever, it is important that every SCI member travel to Washington, DC on Thursday May 8, 2014 to attend SCI�s Lobby Day on Capitol Hill. Hundreds of meetings with Congress and Administration officials will be scheduled by your Hunter Advocacy team to fight this suspension, all in the name of conservation.

It is imperative, if you are able to make it to Washington on the 8th, that you do so. Registration can be done simply by clicking the registration link below and completing the short form on the next page. Once submitted, a member of SCI�s staff will contact you with further details.

This year alone the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
1. Has begun work to ban the sale of firearms and knives that have ivory inlays on them.
2. Restricted elephant importations to 2 per year, per hunter; which we believe is in violation of the law.
3. Has banned elephant imports completely from Zimbabwe and Tanzania.
4. Is taking up the polar bear issue again at CITES.
5. Is considering listing of the lion under the Endangered Species Act.

This administration has clearly decided that we are a target. You need to be with us on May 8th, 2014 to take a stand for our sport. If you cannot make it, we hope you can spread the message to others to attend on behalf of hunters everywhere. At the very minimum, we ask that you contact your congressman via email to oppose the trophy import ban by going here: http://bit.ly/1lMPUwC. Quite frankly, this is the year that we need to take the fight to them and make our voices heard in Washington, D.C.

If you no longer wish to receive email from us, please Unsubscribe here. Thanks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
From a very knowledgeable and well-respected gent over on AR, reality:

FYI while putting together thoughts on the USF&W moratorium on ivory importation.

Zim vs. TZ
First thing one has to do seperate these 2 countries when you think about the USF&W decision and elephant populations. I agree with all Zig had to say on the subject about Zim.

Zim needs to get the illicit inside-the-parks and ration hunting thing under control and they are back on track.

TZ on the other hand is a different story. Poaching has taken a serious toll on the ele in that country. By all information I can put together...since the the 90's...ele populations in areas like the Selous have been reduced by close to 90%.

When you think about a species that lives to 60 plus years and has a gestation period of 645 days...this is serious. Some operators in TZ have noted this trend for some time and have self-limited there off-take in their blocks.

Basically in many places in TZ...what is left is a bare minimum breeding population. Realistically...nothing should be removed from these herds but 40+ year old bulls...which are few and far between.

While we have debated lion many times...lion and and ele are totally different. Lion in the wild live max to early teens...with most males not living to see 10. Ele live to 60+. Lion have a gestation perion of ~110 days and give berth to litters. Ele, 645 for a single calf. Lion are breeding by 2-3 years of age...ele mid to late teens.

Until poaching is brought under control...ele hunting in TZ needs to be strictly managed and no bulls less than 40 need be harvested.

While I vehemently oppose the USF&W banning ivory import of sport hunted ele as it punishes the wrong people and does nothing to stop "the problem" of poaching (may actually promote more poaching indirectly)...hunters hunting ele in TZ should be keenly aware of the scientific facts stated above.

If we are going to promote hunting as a conservation tool...we, hunters, have to stay conservation minded...and not hide from the facts.

Again...FWIW...FYI.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AB2506
You have an liberal activist administration in the Whitehouse. What they can't accomplish legislatively, they are accomplishing administratively.

America voted for Obama and this is just some of the "change" America gets.

I nominate Obama for the title of the worst President ever.

I'll second that nomination.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

707 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 78 invisible), 3,091 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.