Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
RinB Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Are the two chamber dimensions identical or are there slight differences? Both Hornady and HDS are listing brass. What are the specs? Is the brass 7mm Mauser with a different headstamp?

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.
BP-B6

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Read a post somewhere else about your question a month or so ago. May have been on Accurate Reloading site where this question was discussed.

Basically, the 7x57 mauser and 275 Rigby are the same cartridge. But early dimension data on the two cartridges did have a very minor difference....what I do not recall.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Ingwe shoots Rigby headstamps when he's wearing tweed and drinking tea with his pinky up. Otherwise, he's shooting stuff with the 7x57 headstamp.

(See 4/4/14 discussion in the 7x57 v 7-08 thread)

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And, plastic bullets.... Just saying... smile

IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Ingwe likes the color on the "plastic bullets",it matches his tweed jacket.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Some countries have strict and silly laws and will jail one for having ammo with the wrong headstamp, in that it does not match the gun on your permit or is a current or past military cartridge.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not long ago I bought some of the 275 Rigby brass and could find no difference to speak of compared to some Remington unfired.

Figured I needed to good reason to watch for a Rigby.

As to Ingwe's color matches, I can only imagine. Would probably be looking for some bleach for the eyes.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

It also gives him something to marvel at when he has a slow day in the field.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Rev,are you saying that Ingwe stares at the bullets in amazement when things are slow.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I do not trade off my really pretty and lightweight MAuser in 7x57 this weekend, I think I will get some of the Rigby marked brass and have my barrel re inscribed. AFAIK, the two rounds are just two ways of saying the same thing. Sort of like "30 Army" and 30/40 Krag which are the same cartridge.

Thanks for the heads up on this brass availability!

I also have a BRNO ZKK 600 continental Mauser that will in all liklihood be re bored from 30/06 to 9.3x62. If I ever get back to Africa, how cool to have a trio of nice Mausers in 275 Rigby, 9.3x62 and 416 Rigby!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Rev,are you saying that Ingwe stares at the bullets in amazement when things are slow.

Could be. But maybe he has a smartphone now. There was a young man at camp yesterday who, while sitting in a stand waiting for pigs, was watching youtube videos of someone hunting pigs. Lord, what did we do before the invention of smartphones and the internet?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by safariman
If I do not trade off my really pretty and lightweight MAuser in 7x57 this weekend, I think I will get some of the Rigby marked brass and have my barrel re inscribed.

Keep the Mauser and take the trio to Africa again.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RevMike

Tough crowd.

You'll sing a different tune when I lay a wider path of destruction through the Texas wildlife with my 7x57 than Sherman laid through Georgia with his troops�

Wildlife throughout the length and breadth of Africa trembles at the mere mention of my skookum Featherweight...

Last edited by ingwe; 04/05/14.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
You'll sing a different tune when I lay a wider path of destruction through the Texas wildlife with my 7x57 than Sherman laid through Georgia with his troops�

We don't talk about him around here.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Wildlife throughout the length and breadth of Africa trembles at the mere mention of my skookum Featherweight...

Were you shooting those 150s?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I wouldn't have a .275 Rigby, unless in an original Rigby gun. The 7x57 is a good cartridge, though.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Were you shooting those 150s?

No. 175 gr NPTs and of course, a few 175 gr round nose solids grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E

Tough crowd.

Calm down there sport and have another shot of catnip.... laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
No. 175 gr NPTs and of course, a few 175 gr round nose solids grin

In case the odd elephant rolls around. whistle

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
717 members (11point, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 92 invisible), 2,739 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.