-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ha ha, ok now thats the funniest thing you said.

ever

Hey!! Your going the wrongway.
GB1

aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Not a nice nickname if you're talking about a woman.

Snork....thank God, no....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
THE Sleeper has arrived.

24 Mils remaining on the erector,from it's 125 yard zero and another 10 on the reticle for 34 Mils total...which is 800yds+ with 17gr V-Max at 2500fps on the nose. That at sea level,as a worst case scenario,on it's 25MOA rail.

[Linked Image]

Has already done nice thangs in it's OEM POS handle and plywood always trump living wood. Thought I had a Blue Plywood coming,but it is,what it is and will become "seasoned" in rapid fashion anyhow.

The glass has 18 Mils remaining,below it's 125yd zero(42 Mils and small change,total erector travel) and a 75MOA-esque rail,would be a nice touch.

Parallax adjustment down to 10-ish yds is rather handy,to have waiting in the wings,for when need arrives. A guy can REALLY thread some [bleep] needles.

Think I'll grind up the issued handle and Smoke Feesh with it.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Wayyyyyyyyy further under the radar,than the Faux 54 MSR T-Hole.

aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
JBM has a fairly comprehensive list of Rimfire fodder/projectiles and it is far handier to sniff through.

Thus far,for the flavors I have gunned in extrapolation to their(JBM's) genned come-ups,the data has been incredibly accurate and that in a host of known erectors. Temp/atmospheric swings will show great influx,due the Ping Pong Ball BC's and pedestrian launch velocities,coupled with beeg erector dumps,but when factored...nice things can be reliably arranged.

There's been a pretty good run on High Zoot 22LR's as of late and the interest/fun is very WELL founded. They are a [bleep] hoot and will quickly discern which erectors track and which do not,due the gross swings requisite to dabble wayyyyyyy downtown.

With 50+ MILS of ele,in the erector/reticle...a 6x or 10x Fixed [bleep] is tough to whoop.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Just picked up a Finnish lion valmet 22lr to play with til cheseschutz arrives. Too good a price to not. Came with a jap tasco 24x in a BKL. Time to make an order with swfa and order some 25 moa rails. The 40x might be going in an A2 since its available cheap.

aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Boxer
JBM has a fairly comprehensive list of Rimfire fodder/projectiles and it is far handier to sniff through.

Thus far,for the flavors I have gunned in extrapolation to their(JBM's) genned come-ups,the data has been incredibly accurate and that in a host of known erectors. Temp/atmospheric swings will show great influx,due the Ping Pong Ball BC's and pedestrian launch velocities,coupled with beeg erector dumps,but when factored...nice things can be reliably arranged.

Thanks, I hadn't looked there yet, just posted the first "good" link I ran across.

There's been a pretty good run on High Zoot 22LR's as of late and the interest/fun is very WELL founded. They are a [bleep] hoot and will quickly discern which erectors track and which do not,due the gross swings requisite to dabble wayyyyyyy downtown.

I've played quite a bit at 2-250, but haven't done any serious leg stretchin'.....time's here....

With 50+ MILS of ele,in the erector/reticle...a 6x or 10x Fixed [bleep] is tough to whoop.

Imma admitted power whore, so the 22x NF suits me well, as does the R1 reticle.

Shoulda maybe kept the 3.5-15 on it, as I think I remembering getting a focus at 50....them's the brakes sometimes...

This rig gets it's glass stole regularly for test mule status on other projects, so the 22x's won out.

I'll just suffer the consequences.....

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Peench that which is applicable outta JBM and spill your guts on how that data jives for you. I'm routinely amazed.

The Fixed [bleep] bring alotta nice things to the table. 40+ MILS of erector travel and another 10 MILS in the glass,don't suck for wayward pursuits. I'm a big fan of the rear mounted parallax adjustment and it's ability to focus soooooooo close,for threading needles. I'm not an X Slut,as I literally focus the big picture and am always happy to garner that feedback in real time,as it's happening. Seeing trace/impact,can't be lauded enough,as a muchly accelerated learning curve.

I like lotsa glass and strive to have more glass than rifles,though I'll roll 'em to/fro in R&D to see WTF...but I cain't like a nekked rifle,so don't have any.(grin)

While I've never been a Variable Guy,I notice myself perpetually getting further and further away from them and by design. I've no SFP qualm and actually prefer it,but happiness is Fixed Glass for me.

Never caught a good break on the wind,during the last R&R,but intent is still to garner some LR Rimfire footage through the glass...if only as conversation. Could see it bolstering Sales on more than a few thangs.(grin)

Hopin' the 40X finds some ammo it loves,as I'll be curious to hear your thoughts on that which transpires at 400+.

aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Do what I can when I can....too many irons in fire it seems.

Mean time, obligatory pic....

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sweet color scheme, popped anything living w/ it yet?

I've got a 1407R coming sometime and I will be declaring war on the turtle population once it arrives.

Brett
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very nice color scheme, AAlf!

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
aalf Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brett_Mc
Sweet color scheme, popped anything living w/ it yet?

Just starlings in the quarry.....mucho fun......

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 52 invisible), 2,699 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,813
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.