Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
One Minute with Randy Mooney

Have you ever noticed that some people just die and no one finds out until long after? I think that's strange considering this is the information age. Things go so much faster now...communication that is, not people dying!

Before the Internets, we had to read a paper newspaper every day and check the obits. The word 'obits' is short for obituaries, which many young people don't seem to know. I thought they would know though. I guess they spend too much time trying to figure out new texting or Twitter short forms and forgot the English they were taught in school. I wonder what sort of English is taught in the schools these daze? LOL! WTF?

I wonder why some people are so young? We all have to start somewhere I guess, but wouldn't it be smarter to start life at 25 or 30? That way, you could forego too much time in school, awkward first dates, and the big one, potty training.

Here's something that's always annoyed me - the four seasons. Why are there four? Who made that decision? And why are they all the same length? If I had any say in the creation of the world, I would have made winter much shorter. The time that was cut from winter would have been added to summer. That seems so much smarter to me. If I was a young person, I could understand blaming older people for this oversight.

And while we're on the subject of the four seasons, why it is that only autumn (fall) has two names? The others don't. If I had any pull with Mother Nature, I'd bring this deficiency to her attention. Every season should have at least two ways to describe it.

I'd like to see winter given a warmer name like Cuddleby or Huggles. Either sounds nicer. The words spring and summer are okay. Autumn rolls off the tongue sweetly, but something has got to be done with the word winter. I guess I could contact the people that write the dictionaries. Maybe they can do something about it.

One last thing. I'm at my wit's end! What does that really mean? You've used up all your wit and are finished? Is there someplace where you can get more? What about people that are scared witless? Can you sue to get it back? If you're dim witted, wouldn't you already be there? Is this where dullards are all the time?

Thinking about stuff like this frustrates me. I'm at my wit's end!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Funny stuff Steve,
Must be have been a long Winter up there.... grin

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
It still is. In central Ontario, the temperature outside right now is 15 degrees Foreignheat. Tonight, it's supposed to drop to 3. Enough with the cold already!

If I was king of the world, I'd outlaw cold, except for stuff like ice cubes or preserving things. Instead of gun permits, I'd make people get ice permits.

There's one other thing I'd do if I was in charge of the planet: I'd order a giant parasol stuck into the polar ice cap, right at the North Pole.

I'm thinking of a large, red bamboo parasol, just like the ones you see in those expensive, fancy drinks rich folks are always carrying around. That way, aliens flying by would think the earth was a high class place. Perhaps we'd attract a better class of extraterrestrial. I mean, who thought up anal probing? Mind you, it does beat dissection...

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As they say ; "you ain't right"....... grin
Funny, but not right..... smile

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
HHHHHHmmmmmmmmmmmm....Cabin fever? Being from Western New York State previously, I can relate.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
shocked frown.....crushed..... frown

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Today, it's raining. The first non-frozen water display in a long time. I like water.

This was the last time I saw my mother in law.

[Linked Image]

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
grin grin
Looks like she got a little carried away with that green eye shadow. Seems to be a bunch of them driving brooms....
That flying monkey reminds me of one of my sister in laws... whistle

Hope spring shows up soon for ya.....................

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
clearwater B.C.
Planted Radishes,Peas, Carrot and spinach today.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cool cool smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 65 invisible), 2,155 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,136
Posts18,464,777
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.