Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't think there were two versions of the KP1 rifle per se, just the trigger group. I'm not sure of the exact timeline, but the revised trigger group came along about the time Knight ceased production. It came about due to customer complaints of misfires and trigger group unlatching. I think the unlatching problem was a combination of shallow locking pin engagement and the shooters trigger finger contacting the release latch. If you compare the two trigger profiles, there's a smaller gap between it and the latch on the newer trigger so getting your trigger finger behind the latch is less likely. Some of this is conjecture because there was very little information coming directly from Knight Rifles owner EBSCO Industries/PRADCO, because they were busy shutting it down. They were, and still may be, responsible for warranty issues with the KP1 and Revolution. I've read several post on different forums of people sending problem KP1s to their Decatur AL location that was/is handling the Revolution recall repairs and getting it back with the updated trigger group. Mine has the original trigger group, but honestly I haven't used it enough to experience any problems. I hope the new KPX has some interchangeability with the KP1.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

BP-B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I would agree with tmitch on that statement, without actually seeing and playing around with the other trigger group it sounds viable. I would like to see if they would send me the other trigger group.

On a side note, the Long Range Hunter has been advertised quite heavily for the last while? At one point I was thinking about picking one up, but cleaning another bolt action is a pain in the neck over a break action.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Hydrashocker
I would agree with tmitch on that statement, without actually seeing and playing around with the other trigger group it sounds viable. I would like to see if they would send me the other trigger group.

This is from PRADCOs Knight Revolution recall web page in case you want to check:

"Please contact us at 256-260-8950 ext 2128 for additional questions"

Charter Member

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.50 BP and center 30.06, however I would like to pick up a .308 or even maybe retro a BP 45-70.

You can get both barrels from Knight for $209 each shipped.

Last edited by Whelenman; 04/05/14.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Right now I'm thinking if I wait just a bit maybe they'll send me the new KPX trigger group!.....Hmmmmmm

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Right now I'm thinking if I wait just a bit maybe they'll send me the new KPX trigger group!.....Hmmmmmm

That would be nice, BUT they may not fit the KP1. I have a feeling the new KPX made by PI/Knight will be changed slightly so as not to interchange with the old PRADCO made KP1 for liability reasons.

Charter Member

szihn

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
103 members (10gaugeman, 338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,385 guests, and 691 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.