Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
Yup, and as soon as the OP starts jumping out of aircraft, the veracity of your assertion will mean something.

Smoke, I really don't think you are that stupid, but I've been wrong before...

BP-B6

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, I do think you're that stupid, as far as mentioning SOTIC whenever any question comes up, as if the standards for SOTIC apply across the board.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Corps used Mcmillans on the M40A1 for years. I've never heard of them having problems with rezeroing after a jump (at least any more than other rifles). If there was an issue, the Death From Afar books would have covered it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

My assertion stands, and I have proof of its veracity.

Laughin' my ass off...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave

My assertion stands, and I have proof of its veracity.

Laughin' my ass off...

Travis

That'll give you something to do for quite a while.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
The Corps used Mcmillans on the M40A1 for years. I've never heard of them having problems with rezeroing after a jump (at least any more than other rifles). If there was an issue, the Death From Afar books would have covered it.

Those morons wouldn't know an accurate rifle if they found one. Chandler has run his mouth about what a POS H&S stocks are for 25 years. He's clueless. Most of the rifles he builds, and charges and arm and a leg for, won't shoot MOA. I'd consider another source if I were you. How many gyrines are jumpin M40's? They don't do it in their course. Anglico doesn't. The next time I work with some recon/MARSOC types I will certainly ask them about their experience.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by smokepole
Well, I do think you're that stupid, as far as mentioning SOTIC whenever any question comes up, as if the standards for SOTIC apply across the board.

Yes, that makes perfect sense, I understand perfectly now. The experience of shooting rifles (remington 700) with stocks many here own, at Ft. Bragg, belongs in some other-worldly time-warp parallel universe. Thanks for clearing that up....dumbazz.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Knee, it is not what you say...it is how you say it.

You have the same approach as TRH, Barak, and Eremicus, in that the information is pertinent but the delivery seriously sucks.

ps, please change your angle before you are mistaken for that 99 twit.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

TAK's leaked home movie.....

[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Actually, the complaints about the aluminium bedding block stocks are based on the fact that some of them have had serious problems with both loss of accuracy and/or zero shifts due to temperature changes. It occurs because the alloy bedding blocks have a much different response to temperature changes than that of fiber glass, graphite, etc. used in the production of these stocks.
Not all of them do however. The figures I have are 60% have some problems.
McMillain stocks do work as Steelhead has reported. I have done it several times and never had a zero shift.
But, they also can have problems when bedding material gets lost, etc. from being removed and replaced many times over the years. However, apparently even the old M40A1 stocks are still doing well. I saw one in action at my local range doing it's thing. E

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Those morons wouldn't know an accurate rifle if they found one. Chandler has run his mouth about what a POS H&S stocks are for 25 years. He's clueless. Most of the rifles he builds, and charges and arm and a leg for, won't shoot MOA. I'd consider another source if I were you. How many gyrines are jumpin M40's? They don't do it in their course. Anglico doesn't. The next time I work with some recon/MARSOC types I will certainly ask them about their experience.

Got it. The Marine Corps doesn't know anything about accurate rifles. Learn something new everyday.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by aalf

TAK's leaked home movie.....

[Linked Image]

By about the tenth loop I was laughing tears...

El Gallo del Muerto

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

They are still using McMillans.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He's clueless. Most of the rifles he builds, and charges and arm and a leg for, won't shoot MOA.

Sounds like your Kimber.

Whoops....

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yes, that makes perfect sense, I understand perfectly now. The experience of shooting rifles (remington 700) with stocks many here own, at Ft. Bragg, belongs in some other-worldly time-warp parallel universe. Thanks for clearing that up....dumbazz.

The Green Bereeeets, the Green Bereeeets.

Travis

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yes, that makes perfect sense, I understand perfectly now.

It's abundantly obvious that you don't, but keep trying, you may get there.

Some day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Got it. The Marine Corps doesn't know anything about accurate rifles. Learn something new everyday.

This alone proves much about TAK.

Contrast him with Mackay_Sagebrush and MontanaMarine. Both of them have the credentials, published and proven, the pics and details, and the demeanor of those that had BT/DT, many times over.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The experience of shooting rifles (remington 700) with stocks many here own, at Ft. Bragg, belongs in some other-worldly time-warp parallel universe. Thanks for clearing that up....dumbazz.

Since it's obviously still not clear to you, let me clarify. This post of yours below is what I was commenting on:

How many parachute jumps have you made with your trusty mickey stocks, [bleep]? The SOTIC committee at Ft Bragg got tired of re-bedding mickey HTG's after the mandatory FTX parachute infill in the course. It helps to actually know WTF you are talking about when you post.

And since it's probably still not clear to you, the OP won't be taking that particular course so your quote above has absolutely no relevance.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nothing TAK posts has any relevance. He's completely FOS.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

His new jump weapon......

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (160user, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 76 invisible), 2,693 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,798
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.