Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You have a point to some degree - but most of it is rooted in simple inexperience with the west.. People CAN understand it, but they have to BE THERE to do so..
========

Thank goodness for laws. Laws even educate those who believe the law doesn't apply to them.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yes Isaac, but not all laws are just and fair. also laws are constantly being misused according to some pinhead in a position of slight power. laws yes, regulations issued by some brain dead,
never did a lick of real work punk NO.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
What law is unfair as to this case? Are you saying fairness mandates the land which clearly belongs to 360 million citizens actually belongs to this one single rancher?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
What is fair about someone in Nevada being governed by the rules and laws some yahoo in Virginia thinks are right?

Maybe we should belong to a system where people who choose to live in Nevada can live under rules and laws that make sense to them and those in Virginia can live under the rules and laws they think make sense to them.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Are you being intentionally stupid?

Would you like for me to help you understand what "public land" actually means?

Do you also own public land that I have to pay for?

Why do I have to pay for land Bundy claims to own?

Can I keep you off my land in the G.W. National Forest?

Can I keep you off my land on the Appalachian Trail?

Some of you have more entitlements than the 47%ers.

Nevada doesn't own the land.

Last edited by isaac; 04/10/14.

William Arthur Ward

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Infowars?

If you'd ever seen Alex Jones in action you'd know he's several notches below the National Enquirer as a news source. he preaches to a gullible choir.

Jones would love nothing more than to fan the flames here. Looks like its working.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Two sides...

On one hand:
The family has an almost 150 year old business which was built on the ability to lease a set of land from the government. To all accounts the land was cared for and improved under their stewardship and the family paid the money required.

On the other hand:
Nobody ever promised that family that they would be able to lease that land forever. Not even sure there's ever been competitive bidding for the use of the land, which would seem fair in order to utilize public resources.

Life sucks. I don't know the totality of the story, but I know I'd be seriously ticked off losing a large portion of a 150 year old family business due to a court ruling in regards to tortoises.

I do know that the government's approach to this with the huge number of armed federal agents and establishment of 1st Amendment Free zones is a frigging joke that an entire host of government employees should be fired over.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So, basically, you are in favor of the power of the government being used against people 2000 miles from you in order to enforce edicts and rules with which they do not agree, but with which you do.

Okay, got you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I understand both sides of the argument.

Many people are desperately looking for that turning point to get this government back under control.

Is this it? I don't know. We all want some legitimate reason to take real action.

Anyone who thinks BLM (or IRS or EPA or any alphabet agency) needs AR's, snipers & Apache choppers may have drank the kool-aide.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Is it ok with you if Virginians keep you off Virginia's public lands?

William Arthur Ward

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by isaac

I haven't seen anyone wishing to keep anyone off of any public lands except the BLM. Have you?

As for Virginia, that craphole can fall into the Atlantic ocean for all I care.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Good post, Calhoun, as ever... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I haven't seen anyone wishing to keep anyone off of any public lands except the BLM. Have you?

==========

I can see you're not that well informed. Have you seen Bundy try to keep the Federal government off the land the Federal government owns? Those Nevada ranchers who do pay grazing fees have had their fill of Bundy's HS, as well.

As to Va, If you do live in Nevada, I wouldn't go there,my boy. You're what... ranked 48th out of the 50 states?

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If they are rounding up his cattle now this rancher is losing the battle now. Unfortunately if the rancher is right or wrong makes no difference, the government will win with shear numbers. Going down as many surrounding the one. Unless the rancher gets help they will finish rounding up his cattle and selling them. All because of a environmental group threaten to sue BLM because of a turtle which has been there forever.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They will be selling them illegally, by the way, Mtnsnake.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Tim_in_Nv
They will be selling them illegally, by the way, Mtnsnake.

According to Nevada law, but the feds don't worry about that.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JoeBob

[In]maturity abounds.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Issac,

Dude. For the last time... Please tell me when or where he claims to own the land?

He readily admits it's public land. Hear it in his own words here:

He protesting the management of the land that cedes one person's rights for the special interest groups that hinder all of us on public lands.

The smoke and light show of distracting tactics may work on juries, but let's play fair, and quit lying about this, OK?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The smoke and light show of distracting tactics may work on juries, but let's play fair, and quit lying about this, OK?
That's asking too much from Isaac. Deception is too deeply ingrained in his fundamental makeup. He'd lie when the truth would serve him as well.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The land is not leased, he owns the grazing rights on public land, OWNS!

Last edited by siskiyous6; 04/10/14.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
102 members (35, 338reddog, 10gaugeman, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,407 guests, and 690 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.