BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by kid0917
but he can't sell them, right?

Actually, he can, or could have before they were terminated.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
when were they terminated, when he stopped paying the fees many years ago, or more recently than that?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
when were they terminated, when he stopped paying the fees many years ago, or more recently than that?

They were reduced from 600,000 acres and from more than 500 cows to 158,000 and 150 cows way back in the early 90s. He stopped paying his fees after that and his grazing allotment was terminated in 1998.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't know the grazing rights could ever be sold...but I have been away from Nevada for about 10 years. Maybe it has changed.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
If you sell the "base" property the grazing rights go with it. Or I suppose you could sell your rights to a neighbor who also owned real property that qualified as a "base" property. The base property gets preference and the current owner gets preference. So, the current owner can transfer that preference and "sell" his rights if he so chooses.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Dude. For the last time... Please tell me when or where he claims to own the land?
-----

Dude...you're the one who posted they took his ranch. Did you get confused after your post?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yes, that seems like what I remember. are they still paying about $2.35 per AUM for lease fee?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
yes, that seems like what I remember. are they still paying about $2.35 per AUM for lease fee?

I don't know enough about it to know that. The figure I saw was $1.35 per animal per month, but it might vary.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
Dude. For the last time... Please tell me when or where he claims to own the land?
-----

Dude...you're the one who posted they took his ranch. Did you get confused after your post?

I can see why people think lawyers are fuuucking azzholes. (Even if both my brothers are attorneys.) smile

Are you really so GD ignorant to believe that people that ranch on BLM have no ranch?

The BLM cut his permit and kicked him off of the largest portion of his ranch 20 years ago...thus ruining the ranch. What is it you don't understand? The terminology? My ranch in NM isn't quite as big as my neighbor's ranch. They both sit on BLM. WTF is so hard to understand about that?

If he owns the grazing rights, he can sell them, give them away, pay taxes on them. It is a ranch. His neighbor has a ranch too. Although the grazing allotment may be smaller, or larger, or more valuable, or less valuable.

I think what the problem is here, is that city folks don't phooking understand what is what outside the city limits. wink

You guys remind me of the media talking about an AR15, when it was really any other rifle. They lump them all into one category and don't have a phuucking clue as to the facts.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Twenty years ago when they reduced his acreage and his number of cows to less than what someone in East Texas could run on two hundred acres, they killed his ranch. Since then he has had less than nothing left to lose.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I'm sorry you need to learn by a 2 by 4, amigo.

You keep babbling irrelevance though, if it helps you somehow.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
I can see why people think lawyers are fuuucking azzholes.
=========

I can see why lawyers charge a schitload of money.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Twenty years ago when they reduced his acreage and his number of cows to less than what someone in East Texas could run on two hundred acres, they killed his ranch. Since then he has had less than nothing left to lose.

That is correct.

The land was taken because a special interest group lobbied to have the land set aside as suitable habitat for the tortoise.

Now look what the greenies are doing to their beloved tortoise. http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/desert-tortoise-reserve-euthanized/2013/08/26/id/522264/

You must be careful saying that it was "his ranch" though, because some asshat lawyer will come along claiming you said he now owns the land, and it wasn't BLM. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think what the problem is here, is that city folks don't phooking understand what is what outside the city limits. wink

You guys remind me of the media talking about an AR15, when it was really any other rifle. They lump them all into one category and don't have a phuucking clue as to the facts.

As noted earlier, that is a very SAD realization to make.
Wishing it weren't so, I've made it, and probably won't be inclined to see it any different.

A lot of otherwise great people have their heads right up their azzes.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You must be careful saying that it was "his ranch" though, because some asshat lawyer will come along claiming you said he now owns the land, and it wasn't BLM. wink

Yup, it's "interesting" how many of these former leases wind up being SOLD to "Private Entities" and wind up as "Estate grade development",....ain't it......? whistle

Gag a bloody maggot, the stink from BLM's daily activities and practices.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 04/10/14.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
I'm sorry you need to learn by a 2 by 4, amigo.

You keep babbling irrelevance though, if it helps you somehow.

Why don't you grab your 2x4, and drag your fat ass out from behind your desk and some show me some education...?

The "irrelevance" you speak of is the misconception that Bundy is claiming he owns the land now. The liberal media is saying that all over the TV and internet. It makes Bundy seem like a guy that is now claiming to own the land, or get something for free. He, nor I never claimed he help deed to it. YOU are the one that brought that up.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Borrow some money for bus fare and I'll be happy to do so you stupid [bleep].

If you get hungry, I know where you can get some auctioned beef.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
You are the one that said I needed the education. Go for it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
272 members (257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 1,788 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.