Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#8768175 04/11/14
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Reviews?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cabelas is Cabelas is my bet. I get there often enough when I stop in every 3-5 years in the lesser four-eight.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
don' tell me Mike.... Homer is getting one? smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you mean the big Cabelas stores with the diorama in the center we are impressed by them. There is no other gun store like that.

They make our outdoor sports look good. A 'mall' just for us.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they've opened up enough stores they have a handle on how to do so.

know the guy that ran the electrical part of the new C in Anchorage

said it was one of the smoothest jobs ever

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My boys really wanted to go, sooo I took them there at about 1pm yesterday. Since I have been to several of them I knew what to expect, but it is still an impressive store. We walked around for about 30 min then got the hell out of there. I have never seen so many people in a store in my life. They estimated some 8000 people showed up, with some folks camping out the night before. I will go back in about 2 weeks once things have calmed down a bit as its only about 2 miles from my house.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
They are very good business people....no doubt!

I've used their VISA card for a decade and I find their English speaking people to be the best CC company I've ever worked with.

That said, I'm pleased to hear that Bass Pro will open close to Mountain View as those folks need a near-by ammo supply.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am just a bit closer yet at under 1.5 miles on Google maps... Went to an early opening on Tuesday and it was nuts. There are some serious goofballs in there. One of their "outfitters" told a woman the burbot in the tank were like a cross between a trout and a catfish...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was in town shipping at the airport this seasons supplies and started to drive over - but when I was halfway there I had second thoughts and turned around. Sounds like I made the right decision

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You made the right choice for sure. They even had APD there doing traffic control. There were so many people that the Target parking lot was full and folks were parking along C st. I had no faith that all their "outfitters" would be experts anyways. Luckily for us we usually know what we are looking for and how to use it, just might need to be pointed in the right direction to find it in there.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Wish I had been able to make it.

Glad I could not.

smile

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
...with some folks camping out the night before. ...

They didn't have a go-to guy! wink

Artsy-
In Cabela-speak, outfitter means 'sales associate'?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I am just a bit closer yet at under 1.5 miles on Google maps... Went to an early opening on Tuesday and it was nuts. There are some serious goofballs in there. One of their "outfitters" told a woman the burbot in the tank were like a cross between a trout and a catfish...

did you try to fish them out?.. Maybe Riley can tie something up that would work?

Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Oh, and kid - no Cabelas in Homer.

Yet. wink

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Forgive the intrusion into your conversation. Down here at a relatively new Cabelas it is the same story. Good gear, nice store folks, many are Sportsmen who have certain experience and a lot of hard working young people who like what we like but cannot match what we know because of the miles we have traveled. It is what it is. I for one am glad to have access to their wares as seeing gear first hand is an education.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They built two in the Denver area, separated by about 15-20 miles just north and south of downtown Denver. Neither of these stores has the character of the store in Sydney Nebraska. The used gun prices are out of this world and the new gun prices are nearly as bad. The customer service I will say is excellent. Within 5 miles of the north store there is a Sportsman's warehouse and a Gander Mountain. I wonder how long it will take before they fold their tents and move on. To be fair the Sportsman's Warehouse prices are very good compared to Cabelas. The big draw for me to Cabelas is that I can get stuff sent straight to the store and not have to pay shipping costs.

Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Tuesday was the first time I'd ever been in a Cabelas. It was actually pretty cool - I'd imagine it will be much better when some of the new wears off, if that ever happens.

Lots of taxidermy in there that I hope they bought in the dark.

Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Anything with lipstick?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If they are going to honor catalog prices and orders, I'm in. I do my best to shop local joints every chance I get, but if I hear "We're out of stock and no telling when we'll get restocked" one more time, I will shop at the box stores. Mountain View, Turpin, GNG are good for what they can stock, and Sportsman's resources are sorely lacking. I'm glad Cabelas is here, but will still everything I can to support the smaller businesses.

Can't remember the last time I didn't feel extremely lucky (or disappointed) in finding (or not) reloading supplies and good quality gear that actually fit (that wasn't designed in 64 XXXL). If Cabelas can deliver, good for them. Would be nice to shoot my .22lr again...

An honest man's pillow, is his peace of mind... JM
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cwh2
Lots of taxidermy in there that I hope they bought in the dark.

I didn't want to be the first one to say it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (007FJ, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,145 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,200
Posts18,466,008
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.