Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by KFWA
I've read the first 10 pages of this thread

I have no idea where Bundy has a legal, inherited or ethical right to graze his cattle on land without paying fees

but I will say that placing snipers and general bullying being displayed by the government here is the exact reason why I support Ron and Rand Paul.

This is the kind of government tyranny they fight against and few if any high level GOP or Democrats will lift a finger to support other than give it some lip service.

I urge you to think long and hard about just how important it is to you to stop this kind of approach our government has regarding its own people as opposed to the issues you don't agree with the Paul's or other libertarians on.

at the end of the day, getting these storm troopers out of Washington is one of the most important issues we have to address. Sadly, it is a constant threat from those in power and will continue to be long after the Paul family fades out of the public eye.
Hear hear. Exactly right.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Coppied from another forum, I raffed out roud.

Huh, so 200 armed federal agents can surround a ranch, but they can't figure out our border with Mexico? This country is so screwed

Hey, maybe we could line the southern border with this turtle and that way nobody would be allowed to trespass there.
Really shows the lie to the claim that they're doing everything they can to secure the border, doesn't it?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac
I'm sure you're aware why your posts just seem to fall away without a response.
Yes, I'm aware you can't think one up and I'm cool with that.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Conservative verses liberal is just a construct for the weak minded.
No, the terms have real and important meaning. It's just that they've been so badly distorted as to have become nearly useless as commonly applied.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
You must be careful saying that it was "his ranch" though, because some asshat lawyer will come along claiming you said he now owns the land, and it wasn't BLM. wink

Yup, it's "interesting" how many of these former leases wind up being SOLD to "Private Entities" and wind up as "Estate grade development",....ain't it......? whistle

Gag a bloody maggot, the stink from BLM's daily activities and practices.

GTC

How do you think Harry Reid got so rich there in southern NV?
smirk

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Uriah
Now a Tennessee turnip shows up.

Grandma is going to wake up soon, son. Move along now.

Yep, that�s all three of your masterful powers-of-persuasion techniques in one post right there. In order:

1. Insulting a whole class of people
2. Infantile name-calling
3. The requiste reference to the mother/grandmother/basement

You must be highly feared as a courtroom opponent and Socrates wouldn�t have stood a chance against you in a classical debate.
Poor Bob. It's all he's capable of.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Hang in there, pinkeye. We're all waiting to see if you have any capabilities aside from posting a good recipe every now and then.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The assertion that their may be more base reasons for the Feds spending so much money out there are interesting. Fracking...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I stand corrected. Nobody owns anything.

I own my debt..... I think?? smile

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The assertion that their may be more base reasons for the Feds spending so much money out there are interesting. Fracking...

With this Regime closing land to energy exploration and development is much more likely.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Are you representing the Southern Poverty Law Center?

Such an affiliation with the racist and rabidly leftist / statist Southern Poverty Law Center would explain much.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Now it appears the so called conservatives are opposed to the government tapping it's own land for energy exploration.

Amazing hypocrites we have here.

William Arthur Ward

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by SLM
Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by SLM
When ever this type of issue comes up, the East/West divide becomes clearer.
So, which side of that divide do you put me on? wink

You're stuck in the middle. grin
Are you running for office... wink

No, but if I was, reciprocating states is starting to have some appeal. whistle

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
22 pages of opinons and feelings and then we have the resident liberal bigmouth.mandating that everyone should bow down to his KIng oBummer and the minions that try to control REAL THINKING PEOPLE. it aint about laws ASSIC ,its about doin whats right by people.you set up in your urban concrete jungle and abide by their requests and we'll take care of how to do it the west.
anytime ya get down this way i
i'll BUY ya a beer.[bleep]
http://danaloeschradio.com/the-real-story-of-the-bundy-ranch/

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
BREAKING: Sen. Harry Reid Behind BLM Land Grab of Bundy Ranch

BLM attempted cover-up of Sen. Reid/Chinese gov�t takeover of ranch for solar farm

Kit Daniels
Infowars.com
April 11, 2014

The Bureau of Land Management, whose director was Sen. Harry Reid�s (D-Nev.) former senior adviser, has purged documents from its web site stating that the agency wants Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy�s cattle off of the land his family has worked for over 140 years in order to make way for solar panel power stations.

[Linked Image]

Deleted from BLM.gov but reposted for posterity by the Free Republic, the BLM document entitled �Cattle Trespass Impacts� directly states that Bundy�s cattle �impacts� solar development, more specifically the construction of �utility-scale solar power generation facilities� on �public lands.�

�Non-Governmental Organizations have expressed concern that the regional mitigation strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone utilizes Gold Butte as the location for offsite mitigation for impacts from solar development, and that those restoration activities are not durable with the presence of trespass cattle,� the document states.

[Linked Image]

Another BLM report entitled Regional Mitigation Strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone (BLM Technical Note 444) reveals that Bundy�s land in question is within the �Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone and surrounding area� which is part of a broad U.S. Department of Energy program for �Solar Energy Development in Six Southwestern States� on land �managed� by BLM.

�In 2012, the BLM and the U.S. Department of Energy published the Final Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement (PEIS) for Solar Energy Development in Six Southwestern States,� the report reads. �The Final Solar Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement assessed the impact of utility-scale solar energy development on public lands in the six southwestern states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and Utah.�

[Linked Image]

�The Approved Resource Management Plan Amendments/Record of Decision (ROD) for Solar Energy Development in Six Southwestern States implemented a comprehensive solar energy program for public lands in those states and incorporated land use allocations and programmatic and SEZ-specific design features into land use plans in the six-state study area.�

Back in 2012, the New American reported that Harry Reid�s son, Rory Reid, was the chief representative for a Chinese energy firm planning to build a $5-billion solar plant on public land in Laughlin, Nevada.

And journalist Marcus Stern with Reuters also reported that Sen. Reid was heavily involved in the deal as well.

�[Reid] and his oldest son, Rory, are both involved in an effort by a Chinese energy giant, ENN Energy Group, to build a $5 billion solar farm and panel manufacturing plant in the southern Nevada desert,� he wrote. �Reid has been one of the project�s most prominent advocates, helping recruit the company during a 2011 trip to China and applying his political muscle on behalf of the project in Nevada.�

�His son, a lawyer with a prominent Las Vegas firm that is representing ENN, helped it locate a 9,000-acre (3,600-hectare) desert site that it is buying well below appraised value from Clark County, where Rory Reid formerly chaired the county commission.�

Although these reports are in plain view, the mainstream media has so far ignored this link.

The BLM�s official reason for encircling the Bundy family with sniper teams and helicopters was to protect the endangered desert tortoise, which the agency has previously been killing in mass due to �budget constraints.�

�A tortoise isn�t the reason why BLM is harassing a 67 year-old rancher; they want his land,� journalist Dana Loesch wrote. �The tortoise wasn�t of concern when [U.S. Senator] Harry Reid worked with BLM to literally change the boundaries of the tortoise�s habitat to accommodate the development of his top donor, Harvey Whittemore.�

�Reid is accused of using the new BLM chief as a puppet to control Nevada land (already over 84% of which is owned by the federal government) and pay back special interests,� she added. �BLM has proven that they�ve a situational concern for the desert tortoise as they�ve had no problem waiving their rules concerning wind or solar power development. Clearly these developments have vastly affected a tortoise habitat more than a century-old, quasi-homesteading grazing area.�

�If only Clive Bundy were a big Reid donor.�

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
We shoulda known that the despicable sad clown escapee from CircusCircus was behind this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now it appears the so called conservatives are opposed to the government tapping it's own land for energy exploration.

Not "it's [] land", but OUR land.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by 4ager

==========

I appreciate you're capable of understanding it's not Bundy's land.

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager

==========

I appreciate you're capable of understanding it's not Bundy's land.

Now, are you able to understand the larger issue, beyond the Bundy situation?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
675 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 77 invisible), 2,724 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,639
Posts18,398,984
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.