Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Thats not what was reported on Fox a while ago.
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by jdm953
I guess I just dont understand how the Fed. is involved at all.Its state land so why were they collecting fees.Can someone explain this to me.

It's not state land

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
says the tenderfoot

If I couldn't state any facts, I'd just not say anything, rather than act childish by using name calling

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
hey, it aint my fault you took offense at the term we call you guys. it's not derogatory, just an illustration of what you are capable of out west.
It has rang true everytime IME, but once. Thank EvilTwin for proving not all easterners are tenderfeet.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thats not what was reported on Fox a while ago.

Lots of false information get reported
Reality is the BLM either owns or manages 80-90% of Nevada, including Bundy'd little corner

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
hey, it aint my fault you took offense at the term we call you guys. it's not derogatory, just an illustration of what you are capable of out west.
It has rang true everytime IME, but once. Thank EvilTwin for proving not all easterners are tenderfeet.

I wasn't offended
I said it's childish, and adds nothing to the discussion

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
actually you said I acted childish and that it was name calling. which that in itself was name calling I guess. not that I GIF either way. just noting the irony.

come over to the big thread on this, there are lots of guys who are pro big gov there

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yea, they sure worry about that turtle, disease, domestication and interbreeding thing with the wild horses.

The error you're making is assuming that sarcasm can be nonsensical.

I would expect that the concerns about unvaccinated feral cattle that have never before been handled are valid. Likewise just a few generations of feral outcrossing in hogs can undo years of careful selection. I imagine its not to hard to create scrub cattle under feral conditions.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
let me tell you how the real world works up in the strip country,where the navajo's roam.
you bring in cattle quietly onto the rez from utah, where a brand inspector certifies them as healthy, helps that is one of your cousins, and then after a period the cattle are shipped to phx for sale. That area north of the canyon is sparsely settled, and a lot of people up there would gladly tell the blm to KMA.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
with the BLM reportedly running dumptrucks and backhoes around the Bundy area for at least a couple of days , I think its highly likely a good number of old Clivens cows are not even gonna make it to the sale barn

one thing this fiasco has done on the Campfire is shown up the fellas that would do to ride the river with........and then the other sort........

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
From my post a couple of hours ago........."A private aircraft can fly over the area and record what has changed. The scars would stand out. Of course,the BLM could request the FAA or Homeland to declare the area a no-fly zone."

Well,the FAA just declared a no-fly over the Bundy place tonite. Reportedly cell towers are off-line as well.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...no-fly-zone-ordered-at-bundy-ranch-video

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Dayom.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
with the BLM reportedly running dumptrucks and backhoes around the Bundy area for at least a couple of days , I think its highly likely a good number of old Clivens cows are not even gonna make it to the sale barn

Based upon what officials from the state of Utah are saying I think its highly likely that a large percentage of those cows have never before been handled by humans and never been vaccinated.

What else are they supposed to do with them?

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Based upon what officials from the state of Utah are saying I think its highly likely that a large percentage of those cows have never before been handled by humans and never been vaccinated.

Birdwatcher

For one thing, leave them alone. They are not the government's cattle unless they are claiming them against his debt. If the government wants to do that, then the fair market value of each cow should be subtracted from what Bundy owes the government. Then .gov can do what they want, including killing them. Those cows are no more of an invasive species than the wild horses that roam around there. But if the government wants to kill them, they need to buy them first.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bundy says 500 cows, times $1000 per cow..... BLM says over 1 million behind in fees....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kid0917
Bundy says 500 cows, times $1000 per cow..... BLM says over 1 million behind in fees....
So, if the government wants to shoot them, that means he's halfway there. Not insignificant. Not saying that's the outcome I'd want if I was Bundy. Just saying that the government is lawlessly going about this rather than even attempting anything that bears any resemblance to what most people would see as the right thing.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Just because the BLM manages the land , doesn�t mean its federal land . Same with the USFS .
Here in Idaho we have state land that�s managed by the USFS and BLM .

I have wondered the same thing Ethan .
Just because the a court has ruled it legal to confiscate , does not give then the right to destroy.
Seems to me they could sell against a debt but that also would give the person the right to purchase or agree to repay against that debt .
I also find it rather odd that the whacko animal rights groups aren�t all over this for animal cruelty.
The fed is chasing heifers during a time when they are caving . Which would cause premature births , separation of young from their mothers. Even deaths from exhaustion.
After all wasn�t it just a couple years ago that it was all over the national news when dairy workers were filmed abusing dairy cattle here in Idaho . Now those same groups are screaming about laws being passed to make it illegal for them to fill without an owners consent . Why are they not down there filming this ?

As to wild cattle . If the cow has yet to carry a brand , then it ferial and without claim . Just like the wild horses . There are laws and processes that the Fed have to go through before they can kill the wild horses . Why would the cattle not be the same .?
No mater how you cut this , what is being done is illegal and both state and federal laws have to be aloud to be broken in order for it to happen

[Linked Image]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chapped_lips
From my post a couple of hours ago........."A private aircraft can fly over the area and record what has changed. The scars would stand out. Of course,the BLM could request the FAA or Homeland to declare the area a no-fly zone."

Well,the FAA just declared a no-fly over the Bundy place tonite. Reportedly cell towers are off-line as well.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...no-fly-zone-ordered-at-bundy-ranch-video
Yes, and they are collecting the guns of anybody in the area too per my link I posted last night.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by captchee
Just because the BLM manages the land , doesn�t mean its federal land . Same with the USFS .
Here in Idaho we have state land that�s managed by the USFS and BLM .

I have wondered the same thing Ethan .
Just because the a court has ruled it legal to confiscate , does not give then the right to destroy.
Seems to me they could sell against a debt but that also would give the person the right to purchase or agree to repay against that debt .
I also find it rather odd that the whacko animal rights groups aren�t all over this for animal cruelty.
The fed is chasing heifers during a time when they are caving . Which would cause premature births , separation of young from their mothers. Even deaths from exhaustion.
After all wasn�t it just a couple years ago that it was all over the national news when dairy workers were filmed abusing dairy cattle here in Idaho . Now those same groups are screaming about laws being passed to make it illegal for them to fill without an owners consent . Why are they not down there filming this ?

As to wild cattle . If the cow has yet to carry a brand , then it ferial and without claim . Just like the wild horses . There are laws and processes that the Fed have to go through before they can kill the wild horses . Why would the cattle not be the same .?
No mater how you cut this , what is being done is illegal and both state and federal laws have to be aloud to be broken in order for it to happen
I agree with everything you've said here. I'm just saying that the government doesn't even seem to be making a pretense of doing things legally let alone right. I thought about saying something about the humane angle as well and you are spot-on on that.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Birdwatcher

there are plenty of cowboys around that know how to handle wild cattle , of course if you harass the hell out of them with helicopters that don't help the situation

as to the vaccinations , thousands of un vaccinated cattle are shipped thru sale barns every year....there is zero risk to the public

the claim that Bundy owes over a million in grazing fees is a lie .....the numbers just don't add up , even after 20 years of non payment

Last edited by sdgunslinger; 04/12/14.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

436 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 38 invisible), 2,037 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,746
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.