Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My wife and I will tentatively attending. Lots of arrangements to make, can't bring any guns with us as we will be flying in. If someone from the Madison area will be kind enough to help us find our former school mate who graduated from West? high school in Madison in 1969 - 70 or 71 and subsequently attended the University of Hawaii for a year or two. She is Carol Lathrop White and is or was a music teacher along with her husband Nick. I thot her dad was a lawyer in Madison but no luck there - her dad would be his 90's by now. Anyway we hope to attend - all jet lagged out from 18 hours of traveling. Sauk City sounds like Kaunakakai on Molokai Island where we live - small, everyone knows everyone else, etc. Looking forward to meeting everyone, Mel Chung

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The numbers tell the story. You lose. Way more folks think that they can wipe the cobwebs off the rifle that sees maybe nine days carrying use a year and the same box with 17 cartridges left that they bought 18 years ago to go gun hunting than there are willing to be self-disciplined enough to learn how to shoot a bow accurately. Show up for the free venison burger feed in Tomahawk the day before gun season opens and canvas the crowd to see how many are gun hunters vs. bow hunters. While bow hunting is an honorable endeavor and your season is much longer than Gun Season Gun Season rules. Been there, done that. Been Gun Season hunting in Wisconsin since 1968. Because I'm lazy. I simply won't take the time to learn how to shoot a bow accurately. But I do salute you for taking the time to master the bow and for your enthusiasm and support for your chosen way of hunting. But simply because you enjoy shooting a bow rather than a rifle doesn't mean there are more bow hunters than gun shooters. Sorry, the numbers are there for you to see. Have a nice day. grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Skidrow
simply because you enjoy shooting a bow rather than a rifle doesn't mean there are more bow hunters than gun shooters. Sorry, the numbers are there for you to see. Have a nice day. grin

??? confused You remain confused. I cant find where I said there are more bowhunters than gun hunters. My point was that I cant attend savage fest as I will be busy with the most important weekend in WI (re the archery deer season opener). While I dont care if I ever kill another deer with a firearm, I still join the hunting party at deer camp but it is only one of many many many deer camps we enjoy each fall so after already hunting deer every weekend for a couple months by the time the orange pumpkin season comes around Im less than excited. I started out gun deer hunting with a Savage model 170 (now my son uses it) Now I (and my oldest son) use Savage model 110E 30-06. I just cant get worked up about gun deer season after killing about 107 deer over my lifetime but bowhunting, now thats where its at. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whatever.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by melchung
My wife and I will tentatively attending. Lots of arrangements to make, can't bring any guns with us as we will be flying in. If someone from the Madison area will be kind enough to help us find our former school mate who graduated from West? high school in Madison in 1969 - 70 or 71 and subsequently attended the University of Hawaii for a year or two. She is Carol Lathrop White and is or was a music teacher along with her husband Nick. I thot her dad was a lawyer in Madison but no luck there - her dad would be his 90's by now. Anyway we hope to attend - all jet lagged out from 18 hours of traveling. Sauk City sounds like Kaunakakai on Molokai Island where we live - small, everyone knows everyone else, etc. Looking forward to meeting everyone, Mel Chung

Mel - I have a lead on her, I'll pm you.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Gentleman: thanks to Boltman and Southern Wisconsin Savage we have found Carol and Nick. Hope she remembers us after fourty years! Mahalo, Mel Chung

Rick99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Looking forwards to seeing you at the Fest. smile

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Rick99: we do too! Mel Chung

Rick99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm pretty sure you have the "longest distance traveled" honor at this time. grin

Rick...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Rick99: unless someone from Australia or NZ shows up! Johno, are you coming? Mel

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Made up my mind to go this year.

Rick99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Good for you! grin

Will you need a table or two?

Rick...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No tables for me, I'm comin' to gawk at the good stuff and to b.s. a little.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Strapped for cash and health is eating up the reserves. Might have to sell the 1959 EG .308 that I repaired and refinished the stock so it would have a new life in the original wood it left the factory in.
So I don't think I'll make it unless I win the lottery.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There have been 5 or 6 Fests and few of the folks here have made all of them. Stuff happens and sometimes ya just can't make it. In a couple of years if someone is willing to host it there will be another one. wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sorry to hear of your troubles, Peterbilt. Hope you get feeling better and doing better soon.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Thanks Calhoun, hopefully after Thursday dental surgery everything will turn around.

Rick99 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Time to book your reservations for the Fest.

Just booked Rory and myself at the Cedarberry Inn Sauk City, Sept 12 & 13. This Motel is just down the road from the Fest. Many more selections down the road towards Middleton/Madison via HWY 12.

Rick...

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thanks Rick! Ralph and I are booked in too.

What time on Friday will the show start?? I heard we couldn't get in until afternoon. Is that right??

Last edited by Lightfoot; 07/22/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Thanks Rick! Ralph and I are booked in too.

What time on Friday will the show start?? I heard we couldn't get in until afternoon. Is that right??

"Officially" the facility is reserved;
Friday 4pm-11pm - setup/show
Saturday 8am-11pm - show/tear down optional
Sunday 8am-10am - teardown/clean up
comments;
1) Due to the fact that the facility is a school gym and school is in session at that time the 4pm start was necessary. However, I'm pretty sure we can gain access earlier in the day and I will monitor and follow up with all as the time comes.
2) Food at Fest will be a combination of catered and pot luck/wild game for Friday nite, Saturday lunch & dinner. TBD.
3) I'll arrange a meeting place for pre-Fest Friday before we head over to the Community Center.
4) I'll post all the general Fest related info here and feel free to PM me with any related questions.
5) For any that will arrive in town early, PM me and we'll have a soda on the patio. There is plenty to see and do in the area if time permits.

"Every day above ground is a good day."
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

692 members (163dm, 007FJ, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,995 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,578
Posts18,454,049
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.