Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Hi guys, I've advocated this book several times because of the immense Model 70 information in it. I will say this: The paperback version is not nearly as nice as the first edition hardback version. However, I'm saving wear and tear on my collectable and I'm highlighting the hell out of my new paperback copy laugh. The pictures sure aren't as nice in the paperback version either and the print is faded. I'm wondering if I got a chitty copy or if they are all like this??? I know elkhunterNM also got one of these yesterday so maybe he can chime in on the quality of his. Nevertheless, still a great book with tons of info. I still highly recommend this book to anyone who is interested in learning more about the grand ol Model 70 Winchester...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Without a doubt my book by Mr Rule, has made or should I say saved many dollars. It has also provided untold hours of reading pleasure. I will have a hardback one day. Mine was a Christmas present from my now gone Wife and Mother in law ,so it holds a special place. very best on a model 70 mans 'Bible' .Very few days go buy that I do hot grab mine to answer a question or three
very best WinPoor

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
BSA,my copy was shipped out Wednesday and (hopefully) will be here next week. Delivery day is anytime between April 11th-28th go figure. frown

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
BSA,my copy was shipped out Wednesday and (hopefully) will be here next week. Delivery day is anytime between April 11th-28th go figure. frown

Damn, I thought you were going to get it Thursday. Mine came in on Thursday as it was scheduled. You may have bought it from a different person on Amazon. You'll enjoy that book my friend and like my buddy winpoor said, it will save you a bunch of money in the long run...

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by winchesterpoor
Without a doubt my book by Mr Rule, has made or should I say saved many dollars. It has also provided untold hours of reading pleasure. I will have a hardback one day. Mine was a Christmas present from my now gone Wife and Mother in law ,so it holds a special place. very best on a model 70 mans 'Bible' .Very few days go buy that I do hot grab mine to answer a question or three
very best WinPoor

S, I've been highlighting the hell out of mine. Especially the 300 win mag info. Damn you!!! laugh....Hell, I even let the kids look thru it without having a panic attack!!! blush

BSA MAGA
IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Damn, I thought you were going to get it Thursday. Mine came in on Thursday as it was scheduled. You may have bought it from a different person on Amazon. You'll enjoy that book my friend and like my buddy winpoor said, it will save you a bunch of money in the long run...
I did. Live & learn. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
GOT IT! Going to read/look through it this afternoon. smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
We probably won't be hearing from him for a while laugh

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Put it to you this way,the afternoon went by very quickly. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That's a book, you'll likely never tire of. There's so much good info in it. I plan on wearing mine out!! Now my hardback can retire laugh

BSA MAGA
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I'll got a paperback to pickup here too. They are $80 here at my local emporium.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have two copies of the hard back edition. Very good book and a wealth of information.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
BW, you don't have a hardback version either do you?

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jericho
I have two copies of the hard back edition. Very good book and a wealth of information.

Both first edition or second? Also, do you guys know why the second printing hardback is so damn expensive??? Lately, I've seen those marked for more money than the first edition.

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
That's a book, you'll likely never tire of. There's so much good info in it. I plan on wearing mine out!! Now my hardback can retire laugh
Yup,so much info in it that I never ever knew. This book is sitting next to me right now,it'll never be on the book shelf.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
2nd edition

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by Jericho

Both first edition or second? Also, do you guys know why the second printing hardback is so damn expensive??? Lately, I've seen those marked for more money than the first edition.
The second printing was paid for by Roger Rule himself.

Do I win your Pre '64 .375 H&H?! grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Bsa1917hunter: I now am down to just three of the "original" version of Rule's book and keep a close eye on their values - one of my copies is the Deluxe cased version.
I have not seen the poorly done "photo-copied" (and poorly done at that!) "second editions" priced higher than the first editions to date.
I have seen the seconds for sale mostly at gunshows in Idaho, Montana, Washington and Montana in the last several years.
I simply can't imagine the poor quality, copied, second editions becoming more valuable than the originals - but if you say it is so then I give your contention creedence.
Long live the Riflemans Rifle.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In light of the second edition not being as good as the first, looks like I need to pursue the first edition.

VG-Is this the 2009 version you speak about?

Last edited by Kitch; 04/15/14.

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Mine were printed in 1996, so Im assuming they are the 2nd edition?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10ring1, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,378 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,319
Posts18,468,418
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.