Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
If they repent of their sins.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
BP-B2

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by eyeball
If they repent of their sins.

Yes Sir

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh man! Now you tell me! I was just in the 'Now that we know what 223 AI means' thread!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You know, I haven't read this whole thread, but those that really know and really believe are not elitists - just confident. There is a big difference - real Christians want nothing more than for all non-believers to be converted. To me that is the opposite of elitists - it's free for everyone. The most loving, serving, humble, perfect person that ever walked this earth, willingly took my place and suffered pain, agony and death so that I might live. He did this knowing ahead of time that I would repeatedly deny Him and fail. He did it anyway, and His love for me cannot be expressed only experienced. Wow, just wow - thank you God!

"Blessed is the man whose wife is his best friend - especially if she likes to HUNT!"

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by bludog
You know, I haven't read this whole thread, but those that really know and really believe are not elitists - just confident. There is a big difference - real Christians want nothing more than for all non-believers to be converted. To me that is the opposite of elitists - it's free for everyone. The most loving, serving, humble, perfect person that ever walked this earth, willingly took my place and suffered pain, agony and death so that I might live. He did this knowing ahead of time that I would repeatedly deny Him and fail. He did it anyway, and His love for me cannot be expressed only experienced. Wow, just wow - thank you God!

Awesome post Bluedog.

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bludog

Amen Bludog

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Asphaltangel
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
You might want to be careful with that.

"But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire."

Or for those who prefer the King James language:

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire."

Well said Jim.

One more question for those who "don't believe" or maybe still have a little doubt about the Christian thing. Let's say that Ringman, myself, Jim, Doc, and the millions of others in the world and on the Fire who not only believe in the God [the demons do that much....and "shudder"], but serve Him our entire lives. Let's say you [non believer] spend your entire life not believing, serving, and even putting down those who do. In the end, let's say you are right and we are wrong. What do WE have to lose? All we have done is lived the best life ever...a clean life...a life of fellowship with others, faith beyond ourselves, etc etc. But what if we are right and you are wrong? What do you have to lose?

It's the 'Christians' that think non-believers can't and don't live the best life ever, a clean life of fellowship with others that cracks me up.

Steelhead, it was a pleasure meeting you at the Hog Hunt. I hope you are still finding the good fishing holes. I am new to the campfire and I'm realizing just how easy it is to word something wrong or come off as a know it all. I don't know if you have the "best life ever". I am just passionate about my faith and could not imagine living this life without God at the center or the promise of everlasting life. Thanks for your feedback.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A friend of mine called a couple of weeks ago, to deliver a message that a former co-worker had taken his own life.

Details were sparse, but the gist of what happened, was that he walked away from his house and shot himself in the chest. He fell in the roadway and was nearly struck by a driver who thought his body was trash in the road.

The lady got out and realized it was a man. She approached him and asked if he were alright. He was still alive at the time and able to speak.

He told her that he had shot himself. Then screamed that he was already burning and going to hell.

It gave me chills when I heard what he had said.

Later we found out that he was involved in some very dark things that he couldn't face being brought to light.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A couple of times in the last few weeks, I've awoken suddenly from sleep trying to catch my breath. More than likely Sleep Apnea related. (currently waiting to sort that out.)

But I find myself remembering the OP by Doc on the guy who had the Heart Attack and thought he was visiting Hell..

Although I didn't feel like I was dying, waking up gasping for air will put a scare in you for a while. Makes you very very cautions about going back to sleep.. It takes me to a whole other fear level. A level that brings into light just how fragile life is and how quickly/easily we could slip from it...

Anyhow, I came back to read Doc's post again, truly nerve straightening stuff on page 1...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Demons are real

Really

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The wife was in tears, and told Mark that she'd been praying for her husband's soul for years
That's the only reason he got a "reprieve". Prayer changes things.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
I just wish I could get past the "big business" attitude of most of the major religions/churches. I believe in God, I just don't believe in the religions as they are run today.

You can go to church and not give them any money. Just sayin'. smile

Not only that, they pass around a plate that you can take money out of.

Travis

That is for making change but, theoretically, there should be a net gain in the plate.

I'm not cheap, I'm frugal.
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was watching a show recently on a Belgian neurologist who has been trying to recreate Near Death Experiences (NDE) in the lab. He broke down NDE's into about 6 parts and provided an explanation for all of them, and then he went about trying to recreate all of the parts, most of them successfully.

He wasn't trying to disprove religion, only to prove that what people experience as a NDE might have medical causes.

Which made me think back to this original post. We always hear when someone has a NDE that there is a white light, a narrow tunnel and a feeling of "warm n fuzzy" love all around. We Never hear about anybody going the other way. I believe this story by DR is the only time I've read about someone visiting the "other side", coming back from a NDE and being frightened to death.

Doc, were there any other experiences you've had where folks were revived and didn't have a good feeling about death that you can talk about, other than the 2 you mentioned?

Anybody ever talk to anybody that's had a NDE that wasn't what they portray in the movies.?

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
I haven't read anything by/about this Belgian neurologist, so I can't say one way or another about it. But I will say I very much doubt he could re-create the medical condition of Dr. Alexander. His description of his medical circumstances are to my mind unprecedented and could not be duplicated by any iatrogenic manipulation.

As for other examples of unpleasant NDE's, there are many out there if you care to search. It isn't hard to find them.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
no functional brain, heh?
sounds like a pre and post diagnosis.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

D Roc, having given anesthesia for over three decades in a tertiary care center first, then in a small regional hospital, I've many patients who I thought might die "on me," and though I've had a few, I've had very few..which is a very good thing. I've never experienced the type of circumstance you describe though I've read of them.

I've always had the luxury of telling the surgeon regarding a patient who looked like he had one step in the grave and the other poised, "no, not here," meaning we shouldn't do the case in our hospital.

There is book, that even as a believer was absolutely horrible to read, and that was "23 Minutes in hell." I don't quite know what to say about this book but state this seriously to the steadfast naysayers, the ultimate irony is he will be until he's there and then it's too late. I believe, rather I know it's a definite, literal place; perhaps of a different dimension and time will no longer exist.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
You go to heaven for the climate, hell for the company..

Ernest Hemingway - 1954

Got to love him!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My cousin is a surgeon. He has had similar experiences but only with people going to Heaven. He wrote a book about it.

I worked as a Chaplain and spent time in ER. I'm totally convinced people go to heaven. I've not heard about going to hell, glad you wrote about it.

I also had a near death experience personally. I'm convinced since then that I have nothing to worry about. Not by my actions, I have not in any way deserved it! But I have faith in Jesus, who died for me and you. I don't believe anyone deserves Heaven. We are all sinners.
We become saints when we have faith in the one who died for us. So, we are saints and sinners at the same time. But Jesus has won our freedom. Believe in him!

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Was watching a show recently on a Belgian neurologist who has been trying to recreate Near Death Experiences (NDE) in the lab. He broke down NDE's into about 6 parts and provided an explanation for all of them, and then he went about trying to recreate all of the parts, most of them successfully.

He wasn't trying to disprove religion, only to prove that what people experience as a NDE might have medical causes.

Which made me think back to this original post. We always hear when someone has a NDE that there is a white light, a narrow tunnel and a feeling of "warm n fuzzy" love all around. We Never hear about anybody going the other way. I believe this story by DR is the only time I've read about someone visiting the "other side", coming back from a NDE and being frightened to death.

Doc, were there any other experiences you've had where folks were revived and didn't have a good feeling about death that you can talk about, other than the 2 you mentioned?

Anybody ever talk to anybody that's had a NDE that wasn't what they portray in the movies.?

Perhaps people who take the "white light" stories as comforting and that there is no ultimate penalty for a rejection of God and his redemptive work don't know what they don't know.

I'm just speculating here as we don't have hard explanations for these stories but the scriptures tell us Satan is the great deceiver, the Father of Lies and a murderer, but that he can appear as an angel of light. To speak in the vernacular we can think of him as the once, ultimate creature (created) with an IQ of 20,000 and who has access to many dimensions, could intervene in the most fragile of moments as life is slipping away but he (maybe) knows won't. The persons who's consciousness is restored then has the "white light" story to become the calming elixir to thousands of those who read of these stories but reject God.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
The persons who's consciousness is restored then has the "white light" story to become the calming elixir to thousands of those who read of these stories but reject God.

Interesting, hadn't ever considered that..

Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
110 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,753 guests, and 810 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,701
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.