Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
to put an aussie hunting section up so i don't annoy all you guys with my reports in this section, ill get some of my blokes from my forum to chuck some of there stories up as well. you blokes all shoot cool animals just like the africans etc, but we just shoot boring [bleep]....but a fair bit of it grin

here is an example of another hunt

Well as you know the bride and myself went for a quick few days just to check out a new property. � There was quite a few buff, pigs and horses round so we didnt really rush into anything to quick and blow the bejeesus out of the joint (till i take a few others �up there next trip in about a month. �bondy, mlg jack h, speedy, tezza get ready)

anyhoo we arrived there monday arvo and had a feed then within opening 1 gate about 60 metres from the house and driving about 200 metres past it we woke an old bull up that was havin a snooze. �he wasnt big bodied and wasnt in real good nic nor did he have a decent head on him but we thought we would wack him anyhow. � so out the window of the ute from about 45 metres with the 460wby as he stood up and boom. �i had to aim a little further back than i wanted due to some small shrub but �it near blew him off his feet before he walked less than 10 metres and was dead. �we did get this little bit on video but its pretty uneventfull but ill put about �10 minutes of this, the bride shooting one and some pig shooting then mobs of buff, pigs and horses on later �:goodstuff:

[Linked Image]

the bullet which drilled through the knuckle on the off side shoulder and was poking out the skin, 500gr dgx

[Linked Image]

20 minutes later after we finished there we cruised along the swamp looking for more but only saw pigs and dingos. �on the way back to the house i saw a boar but couldnt get a look at his hooks so i walked up to within about 5 metres of him only to find they were [bleep] but shot him anyhow as id gone that far so might as well finish the job.

[bleep] pig hooks

[Linked Image]

the next day we got up and went across the floodplains in search of buff and although we probably saw about 65 and a [bleep] of pigs we didnt take any buff as nothing was real good but we did get shell a pig and then i rolled another just before lunch but the 460 is a little to much for pigs as i got him running away just behind the head/jaw but the shock shattered all his head upper and lower jaw and just destroyed a real good looking pig head.

wrecked pig head, it was just soup from front to rear but ive never seen a head just collapse like that and the bullet never touched it

[Linked Image]

�we did video quite a bit though which you will see later. �back to the camp for lunch and then later that arvo we video,d more buff and pigs then run onto about another 5 buff in some thick scrub. �shell wacked one from about 130 metres with the 378wby and it dropped like a bag of [bleep] so once again the video and photo thing and then home for dinner.

shells buff

[Linked Image]

a pig shell got ( �he tried to charge the ute at one stage on the plains)

[Linked Image]

the next day and a half we just cruised looking for some real good buff heads and although we saw a couple of beauties we were on the wrong side of a creek several time which is full of flat dogs so there was no �shooting to be had. �we did a quick run in the property air boat chasing pigs and buff and geese round the swamp then called it quits. �we will go back in about a month and then maybe again before the end of the year to roll a few of the ripper buff but for a trip to check the joint out it wasnt to bad just me and the missus.

chasing pigs and buff in the air boat

[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa75/mws75/IMG_8222.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa75/mws75/IMG_8253.jpg[/img]

the video we will put on will be a bit stop/start but we will knock as much of thre crap out as possible ( and i suck at it) � but there is a little humor in there with us recommending some small buff for the 7mm-08 and t3 fans so i hope you like it. �the next trip we are going to hire a pro camera guy to just follow us around with the other lads and do a few hours of footage from the camp through to the hunting so that should be a half decent job not half arsed.

GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
You don't need an Aussie forum.

We are all killers- we'll gladly read, respond, and appreciate your adventures even if you do talk funny... smile

Nice post and pics.

Last edited by las; 04/08/14.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Lol......well I just thought because you have the Canada, Europe etc sections we could have one called loose aussie [bleep]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Right smart post there, battered. Thanks for sharing.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Are you guys processing this game or is it left to lie?

LOL
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
guessing most is left to lie but keep in mind these are all feral introduced animals.....know alot of the deer hunters over there will often retrieve a good portion of the meat but for the most part critters like goats and pigs are largely left to feed the birds and dingos.....distances are far, people are few for a country that size and just no way to preserve all the meat even for market when they are literally shooting tons of meat......with no predators other than man and a few dingos the populations grow completely unchecked other then by disease....whole lot of guys in the US dont bother to retrieve all the meat from pigs they kill for the same reasons...

Last edited by rattler; 04/08/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like we need to trap some out of control mountain lions and ship em on down. grin

LOL
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Battered very cool hunt & story! Congrats on a fine woman who truly fills a grocery getter w/ the good stuff! Marrying a woman with a 378 Weatherby... You're a bigger man than I am! blush

Seriously though thanks for sharing. I look forward to the videos of you and your T3 7-08 popping some buf. That'll be cool but glad to be way up here when you do it whistle .

Keep up the posting!

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by battered
(is it possible) to put an aussie hunting section up grin

battered:

Go back to the Forum List. Scroll down to the bottom line. It says "contact webmaster". Request a new forum. Can't hurt to try. I think a category regarding hunting in Australia would be interesting to tread.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Sounds reasonable...I mean you are like a whole continent and all...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I support an Australia forum.

Battered, keep posting1

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
cheers for the support, and yes we are our own continent because im pretty sure know other foggers could put up with us

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Hell, b, you're not annoying anybody. Don't even think it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
an aussie hunt is on my bucket list but the next best thing would be a aussie forum. thanks for the posts Battered.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Now worries mate

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Thanks for posting, that was a great read! Although I'll admit I'm not exactly sure what a "flat dog" is.......

B
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
A flat dog is a crocodile......also known as a green heeler or snapping handbag

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Rolling here, but I'm glad you have them there. grin

When hunting down at a place in Georgia they had Alligators. You paid attention when you got near water, and for the most part the locals avoided the ponds when they were sure one was in residence. Once it became a huge Alligator, it would mysteriously disappear.

laissez les bons temps rouler

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 222ND, 257 roberts, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 71 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,175
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.