Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wsmnut
How long is it going to be before this "something for nothing" free loading farmer pays his fees?
I pay mine.

Disgusted.

Wsmnut

Don't bother researching, or hell even reading in numerous posts here that the BLM spurred by environmental radials cut the rancher's grazing permit to next to nothing before he ever refused to pay anything...

Don't bother to even remotely consider the special agendas of special interest groups involved in the attack that the BLM and other government agencies BROUGHT to this rancher over 20 years ago. He paid his fees right on time until the fight was brought to HIM.

Just keep walking to that same tired, old drum beat that the liberals are putting out in the media on orders from Reid and the Obama administration.

Enlightenment is truly enlightening. wink But, much like a week old kitten, one has to open their eyes before much light comes in....

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
I can certainly appreciate how you and JWP wanted to avoid the bloodshed that was the civil war.

Show me where I've advocated it.

What is truly mystifying, is that while both of you abhor the violence that took place in that conflict, you are both perfectly willing to shed blood over some cows.

I'll use your own words Ethan---

The two points seem at odds and evidently I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Again you jump to conclusions, no where can you find where I promoted blood shed in the Bundy vs BLM. No where.

Doesn't feel so good does it?

Lesson over.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
John I've explained it clearly to the best of my ability at least twice now and am at a loss as to how to communicate my point any differently.

I made the point that the WBTS was ostensibly over an issue, slavery, which would have been settled at least, in another generation, without the war. You asked me how I would have liked to have been a slave another twenty or thirty years. The whole thing was about avoidance of war so your words seem to be advocating war since that was the method used to avoid the twenty or thirty extra years.

What am I missing?
He clearly advocated the position that the Civil War was preferable to gradual, peaceful, resolution of the slavery issue.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475
I can certainly appreciate how you and JWP wanted to avoid the bloodshed that was the civil war.

Show me where I've advocated it.

What is truly mystifying, is that while both of you abhor the violence that took place in that conflict, you are both perfectly willing to shed blood over some cows.

I'll use your own words Ethan---

The two points seem at odds and evidently I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Again you jump to conclusions, no where can you find where I promoted blood shed in the Bundy vs BLM. No where.

Doesn't feel so good does it?

Lesson over.

I hope you learned something.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
John I've explained it clearly to the best of my ability at least twice now and am at a loss as to how to communicate my point any differently.

I made the point that the WBTS was ostensibly over an issue, slavery, which would have been settled at least, in another generation, without the war. You asked me how I would have liked to have been a slave another twenty or thirty years. The whole thing was about avoidance of war so your words seem to be advocating war since that was the method used to avoid the twenty or thirty extra years.

What am I missing?
He clearly advocated the position that the Civil War was preferable to gradual, peaceful, resolution of the slavery issue.
I think 99.9% of people would have taken it that way.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a bunch of f*cking babies.... Another thread sh*t upon.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by broomd
What a bunch of f*cking babies.... Another thread sh*t upon.

Yes. Someone needs to point out a couple of objective articles that spell out just what the fed is doing and what/whom is motivating them.

Are they out to flex their legal muscle with laws that have gone un-enforced?
Are the enviro-wackos spurring them on?

The personal shots here don't lend clarity to the issue.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by bigwhoop

Yes. Someone needs to point out a couple of objective articles that spell out just what the fed is doing and what/whom is motivating them.

They're hugely increasing their control over the American people.

Greed motivates them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only peaceful solution is a constitutional convention and replace federalism with confederalism. And even that won't peaceful now that I think about it.

It's amazing how many legal immigrants have decided the USA is a third world chithole and have headed back to their native country rather than become naturalized citizens. Rats leaving a sinking ship?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The last civil war was the North versus the South. The next civil war will be the East verses the West. Or maybe it will be the North versus the South and the West. The North definitely has a different culture from the South and the West.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by derby_dude
The last civil war was the North versus the South. The next civil war will be the East verses the West. Or maybe it will be the North versus the South and the West. The North definitely has a different culture from the South and the West.

I think it will be the so called slave class against the self proclaimed entitled added to that there will be the ones that just start fighting everyone for their day to day survival.

How ever it comes down it will be very messy for a very long time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As for slavery Ethan, It wouldn't have ended until mechanization became more profitable...

No, the South would have JUMPED at the chance to have more'n 25% of their population, more than the whole free population in states like South Carolina and Mississippi, suddenly freed from chattel slavery and given the freedom to do what they wanted crazy

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is what concerns me.

Bundy IIRC in talking to Hannity could not give an accurate number of the cows running loose on the disputed grounds. The actual roundup revealed a bunch of cows that had never been rounded up and branded/tagged whatever.

Granted, his own access may have been limited by his illegal status, but more'n likely given human nature in many cases public lands are probably being grazed about like frontier folks used to keep hogs; let 'em run wild, harvest as needed.

If the grazing is being controlled by the survival of the feral cattle themselves than ya, one would expect serious lasting changes to the environment as the range, whatever the carrying capacity, is grazed to the dirt.

The other thing is, all those here b&tching about the "turtle" likely could say nothing informed about it, nor its habitat requirements, nor its population. Bundy hisself held forth on the observation that the tortoise could survive eating cow crap.

Likewise the prairie chicken, Gila trout or whatever. Folks even wax on here as if ignorance of these things was a virtue. Heck, if'n I were making a living off of rangeland I'd want to know the workings of every critter and plant on it down to the grubs in the dirt.

I' sure we got good ranchers here who genuinely care about the range, I'm also sure the trout, the tortoise or the prairie chicken could survive alongside controlled grazing.

But I hear good ranchers here complaining about what I'd call "slob ranchers" (about like slob hunters).

Who polices the range, inspects the herds?

Why is it that the number of cattle on the Bundy tracts was a surprise, apparently to everyone?

And beyond grazing rights, how come there ain't no fines attached to slob ranching on public lands?

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Who polices the range, inspects the herds?

It goddam sure isn't the current crop of "Rangers".

Or USFS (they're CAUSING more burns than they're "controlling")

.....I'd guess evrybody's just a bit busy with TGGL sensitivity seminars, and what times left is tazer and small arms training.
Jeez,.......MRAPS training is going to be another drag on available hours.

WTF has time to worry about actually being OUT THERE ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd like to know WTF the BORDER PATROL was doing up there, when and if their "leadership" finds time to answer questions about his dept's mandates.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bundy IIRC in talking to Hannity could not give an accurate number of the cows running loose on the disputed grounds.

How much money you got in the bank?

Have you ever claimed a deduction on taxes that was questionable?

When did you stop beating your wife?

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
As to the obvious acceleration of the government takings, the Democrats expect to lose the Senate and to, again, take serious hits in state houses, especially in the West; and this will close a window on their looting. Obama is, also, termed out' and scandals are beginning to oust cabinet Secretaries. The Democrats are stealing all that they can as fast as they can while the window is still open.

Ever notice that:

Rich Republicans come to office with their money.

Rich Democrats leave office with 'their' money.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
As for slavery Ethan, It wouldn't have ended until mechanization became more profitable...

No, the South would have JUMPED at the chance to have more'n 25% of their population, more than the whole free population in states like South Carolina and Mississippi, suddenly freed from chattel slavery and given the freedom to do what they wanted crazy

Yea, like live on welfare and pissing and moaning how bad they have it since slavery was abolished and how the USA is such a miserable place.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I have always found it to be passing strange that guys on a forum dedicated to hunting and outdoor recreation opportunities are so ready to label any and all who are concerned with habitat preservation etc. as "eviro-wackos" or something of the sort. I don't believe environmental protection and land use are mutually exclusive and I do believe the land is there for people as well as wildlife. However, I also believe land management is necessary or wildlife habitat will be lost to economic considerations. I would much rather see public lands supporting herds of elk than supporting herds of herefords. GD

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by greydog
I have always found it to be passing strange that guys on a forum dedicated to hunting and outdoor recreation opportunities are so ready to label any and all who are concerned with habitat preservation etc. as "eviro-wackos" or something of the sort. I don't believe environmental protection and land use are mutually exclusive and I do believe the land is there for people as well as wildlife. However, I also believe land management is necessary or wildlife habitat will be lost to economic considerations. I would much rather see public lands supporting herds of elk than supporting herds of herefords. GD

You are seeing the huge divide between conservationist outdoorsmen and preservationist and even exclusionist environmentalists - many who never get closer to the wild lands than Golden Gate Park:

Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
5705 Grant Creek
Missoula, MT 59808

Versus

Sierra Club
National Headquarters
85 Second Street, 2nd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
USA

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,545 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,381
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.