Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
So what? They are still using stocks setup for proper cheek weld.

They are also using peeps sights so that the sight picture is a circle within a circle that the eye naturally aligns. How do handgun shooters with scopes ever hit anything without a proper cheek weld?

"Give a lazy man the toughest job, and he will find the easiest way to do it"
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FC363
And that is the whole point of eliminating parallax with an Adjustable Objective, to minimize the effect of an improper cheek weld.

Just how big of a bowl of dumbass do you eat every day?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
And that is the whole point of eliminating parallax with an Adjustable Objective, to minimize the effect of an improper cheek weld.

Just how big of a bowl of dumbass do you eat every day?

OOOOOOOOOOHHH! BURN! I'm So offended! LMMFAO Go back to Jaggin' off in your socks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I won't even get into the many reasons why you are wrong and your "reasoning" not worth a $hit, as you are obviously clueless and not worth the effort.

I guess I can get rid of all those adjustable cheek pieces I use, as my scopes already have A/Os and I now know they aren't needed. laugh

What a dumbass..........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, you totally are. Thanks for making my point crystal clear 2muchdumb. smirk

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yeah, there's no sense arguing with a dumbazz, he'll try and bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I'm putting that particular dumbazz on ignore...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only thing you have managed to make clear is that you are a moron. Crystal clear.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, there's no sense arguing with a dumbazz, he'll try and bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I'm putting that particular dumbazz on ignore...

Ain't the innanet wonderful? You can learn all kinds of interesting "facts" grin

Wow........

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not totally surprised that people who buy all their scopes packaged in plastic, and can't focus the eyepiece or adjust for parallax, have such strong opinions on what everyone else should be using.

I'm bored with both of you idiots now. Have fun patting each other on the back, ( of your heads). cool

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475

Adjustable stocks for check weld solves that issue.

Or you could just mount the scope down where it's supposed to be. Most of us don't want the added weight of an adjustable cheekpiece on our NULAs. grin

At least manufacturers are figuring out that the vast majority of folks are going to mount scopes and not use open sights, and are designing their stocks with higher combs.

Every rifle in the hunting field is not a NULA. As I have gotten older I like the 50mm objectives, when I was younger I did not like them. The quality of the scope is paramount in my experience, more so than the objective size.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Wow, I never knew anyone had me on ignore...I'm impressed.

That's a real milestone.

I'm going to go to the range and burn some powder in your honor..:-)

"after the bullet leaves the barrel it doesn't care what headstamp was on the case"
"The 221 Fireball is what the Hornet could have been had it stayed in school"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not you Rembo. 2muchdumb

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not you Rembo. 2muchdumb

sorry FC,

carry on then...:-)

I'm still going to the range.....

"after the bullet leaves the barrel it doesn't care what headstamp was on the case"
"The 221 Fireball is what the Hornet could have been had it stayed in school"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by srwshooter
dont mind them at all.people complain about mounting height on a 50mm but i'd be willing to bet that most of your 40mm scopes have more than 5mm clearance between the bell and the barrel.

I'll take that bet. I don't own anything bigger than 40mm and I always check that I can at least slip a business card between the bell and the barrel, although I have compromised a few times and used a dollar bill instead. As low as you can get it without actually touching.

Rule of thumb: Divide the objective size by the max magnification. This is called the exit pupil. If it's more than 7, the extra cost, weight and size of the objective bell is going to waste because that's pretty much the max your eye will let in anyway.

I might go bigger if for some reason I were hunting prarie dogs at dusk, but for big game there is just no point to it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rembo
Not you Rembo. 2muchdumb

sorry FC,

carry on then...:-)

I'm still going to the range.....

grin

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Always interesting to read various opinions for sure. I stumbled into "stealing" a VX3 LR/SF 4.5-14x50 a couple of years ago, my first 50mm. Instead of the stereoptypical "able to mount 40's lower, proper cheek weld",etc answers, doesn't stock design, high comb, etc have a little bit to do with properly mounting a effectively using a 50mm scope? FWIW my fave right now is a 42mm.

BTW FC...you're calling a lot of experienced folks dumbazzzes.....just sayin'

Last edited by JGRaider; 04/13/14.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've never owned a scope with a 50 mm objective. So I neither like nor dislike them. I especially don't care if others like or dislike them.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
BTW FC...you're calling a lot of experienced folks dumbazzzes.....just sayin'

I can't help people who don't understand how an AO eliminates Parallax and cancels out the need for a perfect cheek weld.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by southtexas
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Where I live, a 50mm scope is a sure sign of a novice hunter. High, see-through mounts remove all doubt.

Bingo...............

So when you see me carrying my M70 with its Weaver K3, it will be obvious that I'm the reincarnation of Daniel Boone?

Funny how we are so quick to judge others.

I was talking about doofusses that live and hunt here where I live, not you or where you live. Had you read my previous post, you would know that I don't care what setup anyone else runs. The doofusses around here put 50mm scopes on their low-rent guns to make an impression on other doofusses. Then they haul them into a swamp where you can't see past 50 yards and shoot at every deer they see. Then it runs on 3 legs to some other doofus who shoots out another leg or guts. Then the doofusses don't bother tracking the deer and it dies in some low spot and stinks up the woods until December.

There are just too many such doofusses in the woods around here. I wish resident hunting licences cost $300. It would thin out some of the doofusses.

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Parallax aside, a good cheek weld is helpful to me for consistent rifle handling.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,355 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,463
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.