Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Maybe so, but here's one that's a fact: The army no longer has bayonet training, but the Marines still do.....
all the damn [bleep] would probably just put a rubber dick on the end of their weapon anyway crazy

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Check out the link in the post just above yours. The DuffelBlog is hilarious - much better than The Onion.

some current stories:
"US Army awarded Medal of Honor After Jumping on Fiscal Grenade"

"Soldiers Re-Invade Germany By Mistake, Reignite WWII"

"ISAF Drops Candy To Afghan Children, Kills 51"

"Intelligence Section Produces High-Quality Bullshit" - well, okay, this last one is legit... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AB2506
Where does it say it is a spoof? Or is the whole blog a spoof?

Oh come on now the whole blog is a spoof it is satire. Us folks in the Army get a good laugh out of it cause man it is so true..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AB2506
Where does it say it is a spoof? Or is the whole blog a spoof?

The whole blog is a spoof.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Although it does cut awfully close to the truth at times.

E.g., "Army 2nd Lieutenant Leads Platoon Five Kilometers Without Getting Lost, Awarded Medal".

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Truth is a relative thing. There was a lot of consternation back in the late '60s regarding status for the 101st ABN/Airmobile/ABN/Airmobile depending on day of the week. Never saw a chute other than carrying a flare, and was to busy whackin' Charlie about the head and shoulders to GAF.

Remember the reason for the drill.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Although it does cut awfully close to the truth at times.

E.g., "Army 2nd Lieutenant Leads Platoon Five Kilometers Without Getting Lost, Awarded Medal".

Close???? A butterbar couldn't lead a platoon through a grocery market without getting lost and that includes having the Redlegs fire spotter rounds!!! eek grin

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I went to bed last night all p-o'd and depressed. I was dreading the 173d next!

I seem to recall a few multi-death incidents in the mid 1980's. I think we lost 9 guys on a jump in the Mojave in 1986 or 87 from Santa Ana winds??? I remember someone near me landed on a Joshua tree or some other type tree and got speared through the spleen after it went clear through a canteen. The same exercise lost 4 Rangers in Utah due to explosives.

I can remember bigtime casualties on a jump in Turkey in 1983 or 1984, on the first pass but don't recall if any were fatal.

I can also remember a 19 year old falling 1000 ft on a night jump at Ft Bragg in 1987 with no parachute and walking away. My friend was JM on the next jump and found the cut static line; I was DACO and had to get contact the DZ for casualties or reserve activations. There were none. I kept prying for info and the DZSO wanted to know what all the questions were about. I told him about the cut static line on the aircraft. They made more headcounts and inquiries and finally the 19 year old PFC said he wasn't real sure if he had a deployed canopy on the jump. Sure enough there was a non-deployed chute in the pile and no deployed Reserve chutes. True Story.

They draw Hazardous Duty Pay for a reason.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish people would vet this schit before posting it. I just finished a conversation with a kid in the 82nd, he told me I had been duped.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Was their a recent bayonet charge we didn't hear about??

Since we're delving into the irrelevant, haven't heard of an air-to-air engagement or even a tank battle of late, so let's do away with those! BTW, Marines did use them on several occasions in Fallujah, but then again...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Yup, I remember watching the Marines go into the reeds along the Tigris river and the insurgents running out the other end on the news. Well, the ones that were still alive ..... wink

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

Since we're delving into the irrelevant, haven't heard of an air-to-air engagement or even a tank battle of late, so let's do away with those! BTW, Marines did use them on several occasions in Fallujah, but then again...

Now you are just being silly! I see my Battalion Commander all the time and CSM I will let them know concerned retired navy avaitor said we need to do bayonet training grin

Last edited by 79S; 04/13/14.

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I wish people would vet this schit before posting it. I just finished a conversation with a kid in the 82nd, he told me I had been duped.

It is if [bleep] satire/joke wtf why cant you guys get this through your [bleep] heads [bleep] doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore....

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sbrmike
I went to bed last night all p-o'd and depressed. I was dreading the 173d next!

I seem to recall a few multi-death incidents in the mid 1980's. I think we lost 9 guys on a jump in the Mojave in 1986 or 87 from Santa Ana winds??? I remember someone near me landed on a Joshua tree or some other type tree and got speared through the spleen after it went clear through a canteen. The same exercise lost 4 Rangers in Utah due to explosives.

I can remember bigtime casualties on a jump in Turkey in 1983 or 1984, on the first pass but don't recall if any were fatal.

I can also remember a 19 year old falling 1000 ft on a night jump at Ft Bragg in 1987 with no parachute and walking away. My friend was JM on the next jump and found the cut static line; I was DACO and had to get contact the DZ for casualties or reserve activations. There were none. I kept prying for info and the DZSO wanted to know what all the questions were about. I told him about the cut static line on the aircraft. They made more headcounts and inquiries and finally the 19 year old PFC said he wasn't real sure if he had a deployed canopy on the jump. Sure enough there was a non-deployed chute in the pile and no deployed Reserve chutes. True Story.

They draw Hazardous Duty Pay for a reason.

Yeah I went to bed pissed off too cause more and more BCT (Brigade Combat Teams) are swtiching over to SBCT (Stryker Brigade Combat Teams)damn pussification of the Army I tell you

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where's the Horse Cavalry when you need'em...?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Now you are just being silly! I see my Battalion Commander all the time and CSM I will let them know concerned retired navy avaitor said we need to do bayonet training grin

You miss my point. Hopefully guys like ET will chime in about this, but to me it's a lot more than just training with what seems to be an obsolete weapon. It's about a useful training tool to weed out the lower end of the bell curve. That, together with discipline and tradition. In flight school, part of the filtering process was a fairly tough obstacle course.
So WTF does that have to do with flying? Got rid of the no-loads and those with no motivation. It's gone BTW, and the reason? Same as you just used; it's an obsolete process, but to me, its just another tool that in my view, aside from a good weeding out tool does (and did) have it's applications in today's battlefield and like I said, Marines used it in recent times. We are far too quick nowadays to eschew traditions and discipline. The Navy has done just that as so has the Army. Oh, and one more thing, I started my military life as an 0311 in the Crotch, so at least I can relate...

Last edited by jorgeI; 04/13/14.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gotta love the Duffle Blog.

That said, how sad is it that a story like that is completely believable under This administration?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I found it believable because there will be no C-130s at Pope/Ft Bragg unless the Army gets the move stopped.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
If we are going to feed, clothe, house, insure, and otherwise pamper the 49% the money has to come from somewhere!

One less Mooch-ell vacation will pay for many years of training for the 82nd. smirk

It was a good spoof though. grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Barkoff

It is if [bleep] satire/joke wtf why cant you guys get this through your [bleep] heads [bleep] doesn't anyone have a sense of humor anymore....

Jokes should be funny

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

436 members (264mag, 1_deuce, 219DW, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,375 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,112
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.