Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Tonight after a phone call from a friend who's got a bad case of "gottahaveititis" for a S&W M25-3 3" I decided to check my gunsafe just to fondle a couple of my beloved revolvers, and...

SonofaBISH if I didn't find a M25-3 tucked in between a couple M29's and my M686's... HTF did THAT happen? At first I actually thought my old joke about my revolvers havin' sex while locked up in the safe an' makin' J-frames was actually coming home to roost, then I recalled I acquired this M625 at a class about 4 years ago from a guy who was desperate to have my tricked-out AR-15 carbine plus some green...

Anyways, called my buddy back and told him what I'd take for it, and it's a done deal. HOOO-whee! I love findin' stuff like that.

... buuuuut... there's also a shiny new lookin' nickel plated Centennial in the safe that I do not EVER recall seein' before... which is a bit creepy, with respect to the title of this thread.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
That's like finding $$ in an old jacket, but better! Sure wish I had that problem!

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I keep my N Frames stored in the dark in close proximity to each other, and I never find a J frame in there. Do you think it would help if I played some Barry White music close to the gun safe?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Huh

[Linked Image]

Now I know where all my Ruger #1's come from...

grin

Maybe I should put my Les Baer next to a 5" N frame grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Stayclean
I keep my N Frames stored in the dark in close proximity to each other, and I never find a J frame in there. Do you think it would help if I played some Barry White music close to the gun safe?
Put a dehumidifier in there to warm the insides of the safe. That should help. Maybe sprinkle some sand in the bottom from Padre Island.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Unlikely. If you get a Ruger you don't know you had, then probably a Glock is in there somewhere and is getting it on with an FIE or the like. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine are in the process of trying to get pregnant, I think!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Huh

[Linked Image]

grin

Nice. Fraser?

There is nothing made by man,
which cannot be broken by woman.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My birdshead Vaquero mated with my 6 inch Blackhawk and made a Montado.

crazy

[Linked Image]

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I understand that Liberty Safes has designed, and will soon market mini chastity belts for Smiths and Colts for anyone forced to store them within proximity of a Ruger or Tauraus. Sort of a small arms eugenics effort!

The one that they're making for major caliber handguns they're calling "The Wadcutter" ---- for minor caliber handguns they're just calling it "The Deflave" (don't understand that one). smile

Last edited by gmoats; 04/14/14.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Typically I don't find guns I forgot I had (though it has happened) I typically can't find one or two and can't remember if I sold it or just hid it. Regardless I hate when that happens. I had about decided I had sold an old Super Bearcat with stag grips and finally found it. Getting old sucks, but beats the alternative. laugh

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Savuti
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Huh

[Linked Image]

grin

Nice. Fraser?
It's not a Fraser that's for sure. But what it is, will bug me all day. I know I've seen it, it's one of the lesser known actions, probably made by a provincial maker (which means it's still a first rate rifle by all means). I wanna say it's the Field Patent action. I have Kirton's book at home, and I know that action is in there, I just can't remember which it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Field's Patent Falling Block...that one was sold by Rodda. I've only seen a couple of them besides that one. I think one member has another one.

Wish like hell I had it back, too frown

the pistol is, obviously, a Browning Medalist. I do still have that one smile

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 04/14/14.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
So that explains the safe dings. The pistoles are chasing each other around the rifles.. My pistoles must have had better upbringing. You must have a whore or two in there..

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Typically I don't find guns I forgot I had (though it has happened) I typically can't find one or two and can't remember if I sold it or just hid it. Regardless I hate when that happens. I had about decided I had sold an old Super Bearcat with stag grips and finally found it. Getting old sucks, but beats the alternative. laugh

I have the same problem. Misplaced a 2.5" Model 19 Smith for a couple years once. Currently I have been wondering what I did with one of my plastic guns. I get in a hurry, not wanting to open the safe and just hide a handgun real quick, then I forget where I hid it two months later when I go to look for it...

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wish I had a couple of these breeding in the safe blush

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=407623056

I thought 5" 10mm's were spendy, guess the short ones are worse!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you ever get a pair they quickly breed out of control. The grips do the same damn thing! (grin)

If you're not careful, the 38's transform into 32's and 22's crazy
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/rdinak/Pre-31-B_zpscf6c84e7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b113/rdinak/IMG_2904.jpg[/img]

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Unlikely. If you get a Ruger you don't know you had, then probably a Glock is in there somewhere and is getting it on with an FIE or the like. laugh

That's funny.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 1234, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,735
Posts18,457,589
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.