Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
I think most here would agree with the original reason as to why the western lands were set aside into some "protected" status. However over the years, that focus has changed and we now have a much different approach as indicated by the link I have provided. Clearly the NFS and its component agencies embrace the agenda of the "global warming alarmists".

http://www.fs.fed.us/sustainableoperations/

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it's a fact, that the new administration down in the Ocala NF, would like to see the Forest off limits to most Citizens. They are closing roads, channeling motorized activities into smaller and smaller portions of the Forest. From what I hear, the next move will be to prohibit dispersed camping year round, instead of just during hunting season.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
would like to see the Forest off limits to most Citizens.

Less work for them. Can't be having to work for your money, Ya know. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
it's a fact, that the new administration down in the Ocala NF, would like to see the Forest off limits to most Citizens. They are closing roads, channeling motorized activities into smaller and smaller portions of the Forest. From what I hear, the next move will be to prohibit dispersed camping year round, instead of just during hunting season.

doing the same thing here: there are roads in the prescott national and the coconino forest that have been used for years. No more. Except if you are a FS employee. As to camping you are subject to jail time and fines if you camp more than 30feet from an approved roadway. Better for you to get choked out on dust, you see. Recently they announced they were going to start hauling unattended trailers, meaning if you were not sitting around out front, if they felt it exceded the 14day limit. The sheriff's of yavapai and coconino counties both said they would arrest and prosecute any fs persoel doing that. It all boils down to just like england the kind doesn't want the peasants messing with the king's deer.
latest hunting regs make note that the FS has stated they can close the whole forest down, not just parts of it, if they think it's too muddy during hunting season.

what kills me is this lady forest service officer was conducting burns on a very windy day. Fire got the best of them, and they had to call in air tankers. She probably got a promotion.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 04/14/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
all that link says is that the FS personel need to cleanup their own act mentions nothing about the actual ground that they control as a laboratory . the Forests and grasslands are a renewable resource we burn a little firewood hike the trails drink in the beauty as well as a few gallons of water, in the fall and winter we harvest a few animals which feeds some birds and mammels then we clean up our campsite and let someone else enjoy our spot ,, Whats not renewable???

norm

ya I know there are some idiots that don't cleanup their camps
but if we all do a little more it helps.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Never mind the Feds, you can see the same thing happening at the State level right here in Texas frown

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 44automag, 30 invisible), 1,981 guests, and 1,027 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,493
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.