Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Originally Posted by passport
Originally Posted by cedarbreaker
I shot with Tom Mack on his first line of sporting clays.......... Just wernt normal

Ok, that's a five dollar fine for mentioning that name! Really, Tom is a pretty cool guy. I shoot around him a lot here in Texas now that he moved here(74 Ranch). He definitely has a good time while shooting.

Tom and his brother Dan are good freinds of mine. Tom has always been a natural at shooting. Tell him John G said hello

Will do.:)

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Battue, I took your advise and dove in, got a years membership at the sporting clays range today...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I shot a 47 out of 100 yesterday. I am in A class, was AA class but haven't been shooting clays much lately. Anyways it was windy as hell and the targets were beyond FITASC levels. The HOA was a 67. Two weekends before I shot a 92 out of 100. That course was very soft and no wind. So as everyone has said you really can't compare scores from course to course no matter your level.

It is a very additive game and expensive. If you keep it to local shooting it isn't to bad. Competition wise I don't think there is a more expensive shooting game to be found. Well flyers but we won't go there.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Welcome to the addiction!!!!

....and as MCH mentioned watch out. He would let you use his shotgun anytime, but be forewarned it is not for us average sized shooters. Not sure I can reach the trigger. grin

Last edited by battue; 04/14/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I should have took a picture of you shouldering it at the shoot in Ohio.

You going to shoot that shoot this year? I might have to try to make it.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yep it is on the list.

Dan is also running a club down around Zanesville that a fellow is throwing money at. Will probably shoot it at least once also.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I might have to see if I can make it to Dan's club. It would be cool to see him again.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I can't tell him you said that. His head will get waaay too big. grin

Dan's got me so many many times and we love pissing with each other. We'll maybe He isn't enjoying it all that much. smile Great shot and a great guy. He is setting the targets for the Ohio State shoot. It should be a good one.

Kenny will get a kick out of this!!!!

Last edited by battue; 04/16/14.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
That melon on his shoulders couldn't get any bigger! smile

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 04/17/14.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I shot with Tom Mack on his first line of sporting clays.......... Just wernt normal

Ok, that's a five dollar fine for mentioning that name! Really, Tom is a pretty cool guy. I shoot around him a lot here in Texas now that he moved here(74 Ranch). He definitely has a good time while shooting.

We've been to 74 Ranch a few times to shoot Sporting Clays and shot with Tom one afternoon. He and Milo were entertaining to say the least. Always enjoyed going there.

So much so, we're going next week to get some shooting in. Should be about 8 of us going. I know we'll eat well laugh

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I shoot #540844

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MoranoGrande

We've been to 74 Ranch a few times to shoot Sporting Clays and shot with Tom one afternoon. He and Milo were entertaining to say the least. Always enjoyed going there.

So much so, we're going next week to get some shooting in. Should be about 8 of us going. I know we'll eat well laugh

I want to go there some time, Tom keeps nipping at my heels but is just not in the budget right now. I don't think Tom will be there, I talked to him last week and he was shooting some kind of big water buff in Florida. Like 2600 lbs big. Post some pics

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I shot my first round of the year tonight. I ended up with a 39, not bad for my first time out this year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Going today to a customer event sporting clays shoot. I've decided to shoot a buddies older Franchi 48 (28" fixed MOD choke) - he wants me to try the shotgun and sell it for him. Also taking my 16 gauge Browning A-5 just in case I don't like the Franchi.

One of the sanest, surest, and most generous joys of life comes from being happy over the good fortune of others.
Archibald Rutledge

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Great advice battue. New guy should shoot for fun, not worry about score until/unless the bug bites and it gets serious. Then it is practice, practice, practice. Meaningful practice, not just blasting away.....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (12344mag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,747 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,891
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.