-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Google and Facebook are at least as big a concern to privacy.

Google has acquired drone maker Titan Aerospace, the Wall Street Journal reports.

Titan is a New Mexico-based company that makes high-flying solar powered drones.

There's no word on the price Google paid, but Facebook had been in talks to acquire the company earlier this year for a reported $60 million. Presumably, Google paid more than that to keep it away from Facebook.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/google-buys-drone-company-titan-aerospace-2014-4#ixzz2yuBomQ5J

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Google buying into the drone business and in cahoots with the gov we are going to be watched every where we are. I wonder how much of a tax break google gets for this? How much gov funds as well.

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
As well as Facebook's facial recognition software - yanno, just to "tag" people in your photos.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Chive on.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ironbender
As well as Facebook's facial recognition software - yanno, just to "tag" people in your photos.
Some day, people might wake up to the nightmare that Facebook really is..

I wouldn't touch that site with a ten-foot pole..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you are really honest with yourself you'd admit that there is almost nothing I, or you, as an individual can do about what we read and see on the news. That's one reason I gave up on TV but not the main reason.

I have voted as conservatively as the ballot would allow since Goldwater and look where we are. I'm not brave enough or stupid enough to take the routes of Booth, Oswald and other wackos that thought they were "doing good" but in reality caused us more grief that relief.

Scriptures tell us that Satan is in charge of the world at this moment and that won't change until our Lord's return. Maranatha!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
This^^^^^
As I just have started reading The Left Behind series of books.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Scriptures tell us that Satan is in charge of the world at this moment and that won't change until our Lord's return. Maranatha!
Satan's grip is tightening and will culminate in total world control. It's going to get nasty beyond belief.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford
This^^^^^

They're good books. Hang tough. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MColeman
Originally Posted by Raeford
This^^^^^

They're good books. Hang tough. smile

+1, Good series!

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Facebook is just the face of the internet, cell phones etc. As long as people "buy in" to these devices and systems willingly, we become compliant in our own tracking and surveillance, to our detriment. And "they" will say "we had your consent" because they do.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've read that some images on Google Earth were pictures taken from aircraft and not satellites.

I can only assume that unmanned drones would be used in the same manner and less costly than manned aircraft.

That still won't keep me from wearing a tinfoil hat though. The reflective tinfoil surfaces interfere with facial recognition software. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Facebook is just the face of the internet, cell phones etc. As long as people "buy in" to these devices and systems willingly, we become compliant in our own tracking and surveillance, to our detriment. And "they" will say "we had your consent" because they do.

if you are truly worried bout this sort of stuff a website like the 'fire should be the last place your posting cause after they are done mining sites like Facebook, sites like this one are next in line cause this is where the "enemy gathers".....only reason places like facebook will get hit first is the ease of collecting the data fast....a week later its gonna be sites like this one....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MColeman
. . .

Good news! Christ has already returned in judgment (against Israel in 70 AD) and the eternal Kingdom has been fully established (BTW, the Kingdom is spiritual, not earthly.) Satan has been bound by Christ and has zero power in the world today. All Scripture has been fulfilled concerning the Christ.

The "Left Behind" book are myths.

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added to you." smile

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

if you are truly worried bout this sort of stuff a website like the 'fire should be the last place your posting cause after they are done mining sites like Facebook, sites like this one are next in line cause this is where the "enemy gathers".....only reason places like facebook will get hit first is the ease of collecting the data fast....a week later its gonna be sites like this one....

I wish you were wrong Rattler but.......aside from living in a remote place and cut off from all civilization, I'm not sure how anyone could really "hide". Type in your full name into Google and see what comes up. It might surprise you. ...past and current addresses are typically easy to find [along with those who share your same name]. This is all without Facebook. You couldn't pay me to join Facebook especially with the population I work with.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Satan has been bound by Christ and has zero power in the world today.

Satan has plenty of power in the world today. He doesn't rule the world completely; God is sovereign. But Satan is allowed to operate in the world within the parameters God has set for him.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

451 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 10ring1, 163bc, 36 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,029 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,285
Posts18,467,824
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.