Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Originally Posted by GunGeek
I think the great American sociological commentator Chris Rock said it best..."Whatever happened to CRAZY?"

Funny how this happens. A guy kills some folks and liberals and conservatives both start finding some common ground.

If he was on meds, the meds made him crazy and he's not to blame. If he was off the meds he was supposed to be on, then his illness made him crazy and he's not to blame.

Either way, diminished responsibility, or none at all.

Last edited by tjm10025; 04/14/14.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think what you're saying then reinforces my point to TRH then.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It was the gun's fault.

Fry him.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heard a funny one today........" Guns don't kill people.....but guys with pretty teenage daughters do......."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No drugs this time. Just another wacko democrat.
whistle
http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2...ried-democrat-frazier-glenn-miller-2006/
Frazier Glenn Miller most recently ran for Congress as a Democrat in 2006. Even left wing kook site Daily Kos worried about Frazier Glenn Miller running for Congress in Missouri (as a Democrat). Leftists who immediately came out and blamed conservatives, the tea party and NRA after news about Frazier Glenn Miller shooting spread have been spinning all night to try and explain why it doesn�t matter Glenn Miller ran as a Democrat instead of a Republican.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RDFinn
Once they get this starry-eyed look you can forget about SSRI's my friend.

[Linked Image]

Maybe it's just me.... But, I can't ever see a picture of these guys without getting a mental picture in my mind, in which the crosshairs of my scope are neatly nestled between their eyes. mad

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The cure for those types is an AMAX to the noodle.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
He has a RSVP in Hell waiting for him.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He was apparently a big fan of leftie anti-Semite writers at The Nation. But the mainstream Jewish organizations will continue to support the Marxist in the White House.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
�The Christian Victims of Anti-Semitic Hatred�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
� Jews in Joplin and throughout the region are struggling to come to terms with Sunday�s shooting at a Jewish community center and a Jewish retirement complex in suburban Kansas City, resulting in three deaths.

The suspect has been identified as Frazier Glenn Cross, 73, of Aurora.

�It�s unfortunate that there are sick people like this out there,� said Jim Fleischaker, a member of the board of directors of the United Hebrew Congregation synagogue in Joplin.

Fleischaker said what caused the shooter to act on his hate isn�t known at this point.

�When people develop this degree of hatred, there�s no reasoning with them,� Fleischaker said. �Until they actually commit violence, they have a First Amendment right to communicate their hate.�

Fleischaker said he was unaware of Cross� previous activities locally.

�We all value free speech,� he said. �We need to recognize that sometimes harm results from those things.�

Paul Teverow, president of the United Hebrew Congregation board, said he had visited the Jewish center in Overland Park, Kan., at least a half-dozen times and is familiar with many people there.

�Something like this is really shocking,� Teverow said. �Speaking for the Joplin Jewish community, our hearts go out to all the victims.�

Teverow also said he was unaware of Cross� past activities in Southwest Missouri.

Both Fleischaker and Teverow said Joplin has a tradition of religious tolerance, as shown by the response of the local churches and synagogue to the burning of the Islamic Society of Joplin mosque in 2012.

�I think we�ve seen it�s a very tolerant community,� Fleischaker said. �There�s just a certain amount of people who have this unfortunate hatred.�

Mara Cohen Ioannides, a literature professor at Missouri State University in Springfield, is finishing her doctorate in Jewish studies. She is faculty adviser to Hillel, a Jewish student group.

She said Cross is well-known in Springfield, with his hate literature archived at Drury University there.

�I think he�s notorious� in Springfield, Cohen Ioannides said. �He has been a known element in Springfield.�

She said an interfaith vigil was planned for next week. She said that at an interfaith Passover seder on Sunday, she paused to pray for the victims. She said a number of the students in her group are from Kansas City and that the shootings hit them hard.

Karen Aroesty, director of the Anti-Defamation League for Missouri and Southern Illinois, said the ADL was aware of Cross.

�The attacks on the Jewish community centers of Overland Park are a cowardly, unspeakable and heinous act of violence,� Aroesty said in an ADL news release on Sunday.

She said by phone Monday that she�s puzzled by what triggered Cross to move from hate speech to alleged violence.

�He was really driven,� Aroesty said. She said that unfortunately, the incident doesn�t surprise her.

�It�s happened to the Jewish community before, and it will happen in the future,� she said.

Tracey Osborne is president of the Overland Park Chamber of Commerce. She formerly was an executive with the Carthage and Joplin chambers. She said everyone in Overland Park was touched in some way by the shooting. She said Mindy Losen, mother of 14-year-old shooting victim Reat Griffin Underwood and daughter of victim William Corporon, is a chamber member. They aren�t Jewish.

�We�re shocked at the violence that�s come to our community,� she said. �At the end of the day, this heinous act isn�t going to change our community. We�re really blessed by the outpouring of support that has come from all over the world.

Corporon was part of Midwest Emergency Physicians of Overland Park, which contracts out doctors to emergency rooms throughout the region. He was assigned to Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg, Kan., for periods from 2003 to 2006 and from 2008 to the present, said hospital spokesman Michael Hayslip. He said Corporon hadn�t been at the hospital since 2013.

�Our thoughts and prayers are with his family,� Hayslip said. �He was remembered as an extremely well-respected physician and a very family-oriented gentleman.�

The Rev. Jill Michel, pastor of South Joplin Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), has been active in interfaith events in Joplin.

�My reaction is simply one of terrible sadness,� Michel said. �We human beings have a hard time remembering we are all part of the same family.�

Passover started at sundown Monday.

�I can�t believe the timing of the attack was coincidental,� Teverow said.

http://www.joplinglobe.com/topstori...fer-reactions-to-Overland-Park-shootings

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
our own neo Nazis will be coming to his defense..............

Sad but true.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Association is not the same as cause.

People on anti-depressants have a higher suicide rate.... because more people who are depressed are ON anti-depressant drugs.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My family has a long military history fighting Nazis and Communists, which has included several giving the ultimate sacrifice. I could care less what they do to this cretin. The bad part is that if you're a black supremacist, it's all good. I have a number of Jewish gun owner friends, but can't understand the self destructive behavior of liberal Jews in general. If he'd praised Hitler around my grandfather, he would have received a calloused fist for his efforts.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

598 members (160user, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,112
Posts18,464,428
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.