Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
The weather woke me up well before day, laptop lit up when I moved it, had gone to sleep looking at a pre 64 mod 70, looked over in king size bed and bulldog head was resting on Mr Rules book,( paperback)! very best winpoor

GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Which pre '64 Model 70 were you looking at? wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
One Mr Steve Barnett (sp?) has out in Miss. He has it priced high as pussy cat going over the top of a Ferris wheel but it is very nice and unique, he does have a good rep for nice high dollar guns. Years ago they would dicker a bit, I called him on a late 63', 284win mod 70 but it sold as soon as I put it up here for you guys' advise! very best winpoor

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
On gunbroker?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That does sound like a loon,... a first class loon! smile

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
On gunbroker?

No sir, his site
http://www.stevebarnettfineguns.com/frm_inventory1.htm
too high but very nice! It was the 56' target in the king of 22's the Swift.. very best Winpoor

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yes it is very nice.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
I think its a grand too high, notice the safe 'rash' on pistol grip, would be and easy fix save matching finish. A that price I feel the gun should be darn near mint.Lord I bet you can shoot house flies at a 100 with a good high power scope and good ammo, I bought a case of Hornady 50 or 55 gr custom ammo ( grey box) from a Lock,Stock and Barrel back in the early 90's, the ammo was not loaded to max ,warp speeds but my goodness was it accurate,I had a very early Ruger tang safety 77V swift that I bought new with a Redfield Denver 6x18 AO with fine duplex that let me send many a fellow back to Tallahassee FL with less folding money in their pockets.I could have sold that rig 40 times. When I bought it I did not know Douglas made Rugers varmint .22 cal barrels, I knew it would shoot, started with hot rod Win yellow box 48 gr ammo, a couple hundred rounds later I picked up a box or Norma ammo on a fluke, it was scarey accurate, drove back to Thomasville GA and bought the rest of the case, when it was used up I discovered the Hornady custom dog gone it shot even better but was slower, nothing I shot could tell the difference. great gun,sod it for 700 to a ruff neck oil guy in NM, shooting better than an inch after 2K rounds all factory,he was tickled pink with the gun, I never fast rate of fire, I would clean it when groups opened a bit, took about 5 foulers to settle her back down. I would buy another if I could find it just to save my Win Varminter. We do not have hot dog towns in SW GA, crows and the like so no fast non stop fire. Good memories with that one. v best winpoor

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Yeah,seen that "rash" on the pistol grip. I figured $1500-$2000 range.

Put a Leupold 4.5-14 on it and go to town! smile

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 1,402 guests, and 734 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,672
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.