Page 1 of 2 1 2
#8781425 04/15/14
J
jwp475 Online Sleepy OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

http://freebeacon.com/blog/dallas-morning-news-editorial-board-eviscerates-wendy-davis/

Over the weekend, the Dallas Morning News published a damning report on Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis� tenure in the Texas state senate. Senior political writer Wayne Slater documented how Davis, who worked at a law firm while also serving in the part-time legislature, voted on legislation that directly benefited her firm�s clients:

Records show Davis supported legislation governing a toll-road project for which the North Texas Tollway Authority hired her firm. She backed changes governing the collection of unpaid tolls that preceded an NTTA program in which law firms � including Davis� � were chosen to carry out the collections. And as a state senator, she sought federal money for a transportation project being handled by her law firm.

During the 2011 legislative session, Davis was billing the tollway authority for condemnation work on one project the same day she was voting for toll-collection legislation backed by the NTTA.

Turns out that Davis was actually fairly critical of the North Texas Tollway Authority, and in 2011 had introduced a bill to cap NTTA fees on delinquent tolls, which she subsequently withdrew six days after the NTTA hired her firm. Davis then threw her support behind an alternative bill that the NTTA preferred.

Davis also said in August 2013 that she would �put my law practice on hold� if she decided to run for governor, and that she �wouldn�t be gaining any financial benefit from that relationship.� But records show that Davis made more than $150,000 from her firm, Newby Davis, in 2013.

Davis dismissed the revelations, telling the Morning News, �I have never done anything in a way that represents a conflict in my voting and something that would benefit me personally.�

The paper�s editorial board was not impressed, accusing Davis in a Monday editorial of �public privateering,� and of engaging in precisely the sort of political cronyism Davis has repeatedly denounced as a candidate:

Wendy Davis isn�t the first Texas politician suspected of confusing public duties with private income. Elected and appointed officials from both parties have dipped their beaks, and, sadly, Davis won�t be the last as long as Texas legislators write their own laws.

Except Davis insisted she would be different, that �Texans deserve better than failed leaders who dole out favors to friends and cronies behind closed doors � [a governor] who knows that quid pro quo shouldn�t be the status quo.� �

No one disputes that members of our �citizen Legislature� must earn income far in excess of their modest state pay. Davis� problem is repeatedly saying one thing and doing another. Instead of fighting the good ol� boy system, she has embedded herself in it.

Ouch. Meanwhile, a new poll shows Davis trailing her GOP opponent Greg Abbott, who is male, by 8 points�among women. (Abbott leads by 14 percent overall.)

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
shes your typical cu-nt.

Last edited by stxhunter; 04/15/14.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Typical politician, do as I say, not as I do. That's good news that she trails by 8 points among female Texans and 14 overall. Hopefully that is a trend that will continue throughout the country.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We ain't expecting much out of Davis.

She's a standard extremely left leaning liberal.
So far we have been able to keep Texas on the correct side.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I can't believe it!, another crooked liberal. Looks like there's more crooked liberals than Bundy cattle running around.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
She's a real self centered crook too.
What ever is good for her she really digs.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
It's a resume enhancer for a Dhim.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yea,Her [bleep] don't stink.

She would not do to clean out the barn stall.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
shes your typical liberal cu-nt.

Fixed it for you. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
shes your typical liberal cu-nt.

Fixed it for you. smile

It ain't hard to tell she's from Rhode Island, is it?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So what's the difference between Davis, Hitlery and Muchelle?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

A goon, a coon and a buffoon walk into a bar...

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Davis said that Greg Abbot should walk in her shoes before he condemns anything she's done. The problem is that Greg Abbot is confined to a wheelchair.
If a Republican would have said that,there would have been national outrage over the insensitivity of that remark.
She will be just another Democrat in a long line of losers that ran for Texas Governor.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
shes your typical cu-nt.

This. She's an idiot as well.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
She came to Midland a week or so ago (stupid idea). Her speech came from the Midland Co Dem headquarters, which is basically nothing but a small, old house. The TV reporter who covered it actually said her speech was heard by as many crickets as people in attendance. I think the grand total of attendees, besides the local Dem chairman, was 3, no kidding.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ltppowell

A goon, a coon and a buffoon walk into a bar...

Winner, winner...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
[Linked Image]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
She came to Midland a week or so ago (stupid idea). Her speech came from the Midland Co Dem headquarters, which is basically nothing but a small, old house. The TV reporter who covered it actually said her speech was heard by as many crickets as people in attendance. I think the grand total of attendees, besides the local Dem chairman, was 3, no kidding.

That was HER tactical error in picking Midland.

She probably would have had a way better audience in El Paso though, with the unending stream of democrats crossing over... smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As Rush asks . . . should Texans or the American public be forced to watch an aging female liberal politician in the highest office of the state/land? OWTTE

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wendy has been rode hard,put up wet,fake knockers and all.
[Linked Image]

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (007FJ, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,203 guests, and 1,106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,201
Posts18,466,042
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.