Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
A new effort to combat the NRA.
link to story
Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg will spend $50 million this year to build a nationwide grassroots network on gun control in a direct challenge to the National Rifle Association, The New York Times reported.

The new lobbying group, called Everytown for Gun Safety, will encompass other gun control groups funded by Bloomberg, Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, the report said.

Bloomberg told the Times the strategy will focus on expanding the background check system for gun buyers at the state and national levels. He made nearly $14 million in federal campaign contributions for gun-control candidates in the 2012 elections.

"They say, 'We don�t care. We�re going to go after you,'" he said of the NRA. "'If you don�t vote with us we�re going to go after your kids and your grandkids and your great-grandkids. And we�re never going to stop.'"

The 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut �where a gunman used an assault rifle to kill 20 children and six others� led some cities and states to enact laws banning high-capacity magazines.

Bloomberg's group will target 15 states, including places where gun control laws have been implemented recently, and parts of the country seen as gun-friendly like Texas, Montana and Indiana, the Times reported.

Bloomberg said the organization will focus on women, especially mothers.

�You�ve got to work at it piece by piece,� he said. �One mom and another mom. You�ve got to wear them down until they finally say, �Enough.'"

Also planning campaign activity this year is Americans for Responsible Solutions, a gun-control group headed by former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., and her husband, ex-astronaut Mark Kelly.

The group reported late Tuesday that its political committee has raised nearly $14.5 million since it was founded in January 2013, and it plans to spend its money on federal and state races, said spokesman Mark Prentice.

Giffords was severely wounded in a Jan. 8, 2011, shooting rampage that killed six people and injured 13.

The National Rifle Association spent nearly $20 million on federal campaign activity in 2012 races. Its true strength, though, is viewed as its claimed 5 million members, many of whom consider gun issues strongly when voting.

Sam......

GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Well, good luck with that. They may adopt something that the left wing loons use, which is "racist everything", but there are a lot of gun owners that will ignore it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
One of the planet's top 100 wealthiest men of all time, former Mayor of one of the worlds largest cities- a BILLIONAIRE - donates tens of millions of dollars.

Quite the "grass roots" effort.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
$10 from each of the 5 million NRA members can match that.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
FUAC

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
FUAC & FUMB........ Fixed it for ya!

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gun owners better pony up an support at least one of the major gun owner organizations like SAF, GOA, NRA etc. Ignoramuses like these people will never get it, but they will never give up either.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'll give you a hint: AC = Andrew Cuomo. MB= Michael Bloomberg.
I'll let you guess the FU part!

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From the article....

""I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I�m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It�s not even close," Bloomberg said."

He is in for a surprise..............

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I figure.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He can ES&D

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
From the link below "Bloomberg told the Times that this new group will try to use the NRA�s own tactics against them, penalizing lawmakers whose stances on gun rights differ from the organization�s. �We�ve got to make them afraid of us,� is how he put it."

What a complement to their enemy, imitating their supposed strategy. Laffin, the dumbazz doesn't even realize that that statement, and his stance and this publicity on it will increase membership in the NRA considerably.

Bloomberg on Yahoo

Last edited by wink_man; 04/16/14. Reason: typo, like always

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
From the article....

" "I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I�m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It�s not even close," Bloomberg said."

He is in for a surprise..............

WELL now if he don't believe in God now Bloom will see God for about 1 second the burn like hell

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
How about $1.00 from each of the 100 million gun owners in the United States instead of letting the NRA and it's 5 million paying members carry the ball all the time! Way too many cheap gun owners won't put their money where their mouth is!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
He "earned" his way in alright, but probably not in the direction that he thinks he is going.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I don't personally know any NRA members other than myself!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
A new effort to combat the NRA.

Sorry to say ... but to this SOB $50 mil is pocket change

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Do not underestimate what this man can accomplish. He is a billionaire because he does his research, is a shrewd decision maker and is driven by a huge ego. He knows the demographics of the US are shifting to urban areas and and that is where his efforts will gain support. Note what happened in Colorado, Denver out voted the rest of the state. Bloomberg can peal off $50 mil dollars bills like most people can peal off a $10. All politicians can be bought. And denigrating his potential because he does not believe in your god is a non-starter. Most Americans do not care and that tact will backfire.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 16penny, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 61 invisible), 2,231 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,209
Posts18,466,132
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.