Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Anyone else got a project going for this season? I got a deal, too good to pass, on a Model 70, 300WSM. First thing to go was the factory Tupperware. I got an MPI Ambi-thumbhole and got the inletting done yesterday. Took me about an hour. Made pillars, clayed and waxed and have it now resting in the ever slow hardening goop! Taped the barrel .060 thick, for a great free float.

Tomorrow, will pop it out, finish sanding, and cut to length for a Decelerator.

Still deciding on paint...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wow, I"ve never used that much goop.

Do you have enough clearance on the bolt handle with a piece of duct tape only?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Yep. It's 10 mil pipe tape, 2 layers. About .020 I was a little heavy on the bedding material this morning!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
did you use guide screws, action screws or ?

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by jsthntn247
did you use guide screws, action screws or ?

Inletting pins, then cinched down with the action screws.

IC B2

U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
Brave man. You left the trigger installed as well.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by utah708
Brave man. You left the trigger installed as well.

If you clay all the reverse angles, you have nothing to worry about. On that note, I did break a trigger on a factory Remington about 10 years ago.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You could have used some of that left over slop to bed the bolt slot. That bolt notch is hideous. I could never live with that. powdr

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by powdr
You could have used some of that left over slop to bed the bolt slot. That bolt notch is hideous. I could never live with that. powdr

Its not like I'm leaving it all on the stock! wink Two minutes with a file and the notch was perfect, with no air pockets. The leftover slop is all gone too...

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
That much extra bedding and trigger is still on I'm thinking your phuucckkkedc , good luck

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by powdr

I could have bed 4 rifles with that much left over whistle laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by ldholton
That much extra bedding and trigger is still on I'm thinking your phuucckkkedc , good luck

Nope. It popped right out. As I said earlier, If you take care of all the reverse angles with clay, they don't get "glued" in.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
BSA, When the bedding material is about the consistency of Silly Putty, I take it off and make tea cups! smile

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by longshot3

Nope. It popped right out. As I said earlier, If you take care of all the reverse angles with clay, they don't get "glued" in.
The bedding you use must be thicker , with that much extra I would be as wording about glueing in as I would over flow inti the trigger and making it unusable

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L

The bedding you use must be thicker , with that much extra I would be as wording about glueing in as I would over flow inti the trigger and making it unusable

It is really thick. It does flow down and around the trigger. The trick is to clay a bit wider than the trigger and you have no problem. The stock is coming out really nice. Should be painting this weekend!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
BSA, When the bedding material is about the consistency of Silly Putty, I take it off and make tea cups! smile

There's enough there, you could invite Whoopie Goldberg over, throw it on a potters wheel and be golden. laugh .. As long as she popped out and the bedding looks and works good, who cares how much a guy uses laugh..It's your chicken to pluck wink. Any pics of the finished product??

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

There's enough there, you could invite Whoopie Goldberg over, throw it on a potters wheel and be golden. laugh .. As long as she popped out and the bedding looks and works good, who cares how much a guy uses laugh..It's your chicken to pluck wink. Any pics of the finished product??

A potters wheel! smile Doing some sanding and clay removal now. Going to cut it and install my pad. Im thinking textured green with black webbing. I'll post a pic in a minute.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here is the "almost finished" bedding. a bit of dremel smoothing and clay removal left.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,495
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.