-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Are Yo Dave kits still the best thing going for 452 triggers?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bought one and put on a lighter spring, but didn't use any of the shims. turns out the sear on mine had already been "worked" by the previous owner to the point that even the smallest shim caused the sear to miss the trigger.

If you want whats left of mine send me a PM. I'll save you a couple bucks.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Bassi!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I used the kit on my 452FS and the trigger is very nice.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I used the Yo Dave on mine too. It turned out nearly as nice as the trigger on my Annie. Zero creep and about 2.5 lbs. Make sure you do the bump with a rubber mallet test with the action out of the stock. A couple guys at rimfirecentral cracked their stock. It seems the action acts like a wedge if the stock is slightly off in the relief area.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I did a Yo dave on my sons scout and it is a very nice very crisp trigger one of the best I have felt. I tried doing the same on an American and the shim wouldn't work so it was very light but nowhere near as crisp. I think it depends on the tolerance of your trigger. I have some custom jobs to and after shooing the CZ they feel a lot heavier it is that nice. I think it is close to 4 oz. or something like that. I love that little gun. It also shot way better than any other rimfire I own. Funny it is only a little scout and not even free floated.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Google "CZ 452 trigger springs fastenal", and read a little bit. There is a good chance you can have a very good trigger in your 452 for the price of a few springs purchased at Fastenal or ACE.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A little polishing on the sear and a ACE #144 brought my CZ455 down to about 1.5# and with very little creep. I did a bit of polish and stayed with the stock spring on my 452 and like it for hunting purposes. It`s a little heavier, at about 3#. Both pass the bump test.
The only problem I have with stock CZ triggers is they have more over travel then I would like. You can't do much about that though as the trigger is tied to bolt removal.

I must confess, I was born at a very early age. --Groucho Marx

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when they deserve it. --Mark Twain
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
In my experience the shim is the way to go/ Just a lighter spring will give you a lot of creep. It is due to the simple trigger design and the fact it is just floating so to speak. If you take your stock off you will see what I mean.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by 700LH
Google "CZ 452 trigger springs fastenal", and read a little bit. There is a good chance you can have a very good trigger in your 452 for the price of a few springs purchased at Fastenal or ACE.

yea.. what he said!

dave

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by gremcat
In my experience the shim is the way to go/ Just a lighter spring will give you a lot of creep. It is due to the simple trigger design and the fact it is just floating so to speak. If you take your stock off you will see what I mean.

X2
The Yo-Dave will get rid of the creep which a lighter spring will not.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
agree, yo dave is good for the price, took about ten minutes to install, no complaints.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Are Yo Dave kits still the best thing going for 452 triggers?"

Not necessarily the 'best thing', but are quite good and definitely the best priced of the other options (Basix, Timney & automation solutions sear; all of which are available thru brownell's).

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have a CZ453 with the heavy varmint 20-inch barrel... and I wonder if you could mount a CZ453 CZ-factory single-set trigger in your CZ452? Another possibility might be the German-made Kepplinger Singe-Set Trigger.

I dunno know about the cost of either trigger, but I'd bet the Kepplinger trigger is a whole lot more expensive. However, the Kepplinger Single-Set Trigger also a much higher quality single-set trigger than the one in my CZ453 as well.

Doing so would give you the option of having both a fine bench-rest target trigger using the "set-trigger" and a good hunting trigger using the regular non-set trigger.

I had my gunsmith install a Kepplinger Single-Set Trigger in my Ruger #1 International (aka "RSI") in 7x57mm with the Mannlicher-style stock and it worked really well in bringing down the size of my "groups".

It's something you might wanna look into and see if doing so is economically feasible.

Jus' my 2�... smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
The Yo Dave is the biggest bang for the Buck . I have the original version ( same as the Yo Dave ) and had the same experience as Gremcat . The thickest Shim Tube was not quite thick enough to remove the horrible Creep I had ( it decreased , but not enough ) . At least I know now that I'm not the only one who had that problem . I bought a used CZ and whoever re-did the Trigger really knew what they were doing . I would sure like to buy a thicker walled cylinder / tube , preferably in Steel or have my old one plated up a few mils , but have not found anyone who can do either .

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I put in a Yo-Dave trigger kit for my 452 Varmint in .17hmr and it was good...but still had too much creep for me. I put a Rifle Basix trigger in it and now I am as happy as can be. I do a lot of small bore benchrest shooting, though, and use a Jewell at 4 ounces in my 40X so I am sensitive and picky. (I do not use that light a trigger on a varmint gun, of course, but I do notice even a slight bit of creep.)

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have one 452 the wife shoots , I worked the trigger got one spring for a 2# trigger , pull gun apart change spring , now 8 oz trigger. Simple quick . Both settings very consistence . The factory trigger will work down just fine IME

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Calif. Hunter
I put in a Yo-Dave trigger kit for my 452 Varmint in .17hmr and it was good...but still had too much creep for me. I put a Rifle Basix trigger in it and now I am as happy as can be.

I put a Rifle Basix on my 452 also...The Yo Dave may be good, but I couldn't get over the idea of "shims" on a trigger.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 3,087 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,728
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.