RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by Hound_va
No Novaks or Spegels...
[Linked Image]
I would love to see more pics and hear more about that pistol.

I'm seeing a custom barrel bushing, and I know I've seen that barrel bushing before; I remember the set screw. Squared trigger guard with 40 lpi checkering on the trigger guard and front strap of the gun. I recognize the grips but the maker's name is escaping me, and it looks like someone made a new paddle for the crimped on ambi thumb safety. S&W rear sight...

Man seems like I've seen that pistol before? I think I saw one just like that on Bill Laughridge's table at the Shot Show about a decade ago, maybe a little more...Is it a C&S gun? It's not an Austin Behlert gun; I'd recognize that.

I would bet that it's a Jim Hoag gun. Looks like his bushing and checkering. He also inlet the S&W rear sight slightly into the slide like that, instead of mounting it directly on the rear of the slide.
Bob

Last edited by RGK; 03/26/14.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jim Hoag, yep that's...So maybe it was at Hoag's table is where I saw it. Good catch. If its not Hoag, I'll be surprised.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nuthin really special about this HP, except it's mine. Argentine FM from the late 60s that's been worked on by me. Stippling, parkerizing and peened the frame rails. Reduced the groups from 5"s to 2"s at 25 yards. She's not photogenic, but she carries well.

[Linked Image]

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
FreeMe Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
Nuthin really special about this HP, except it's mine. Argentine FM from the late 60s that's been worked on by me. Stippling, parkerizing and peened the frame rails. Reduced the groups from 5"s to 2"s at 25 yards. She's not photogenic, but she carries well.

[Linked Image]

Not photogenic? I beg to differ!

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

FM with the worst "polishing" I've ever seen...needs a lot of TLC to look good, shoots fine just UGHLY! laugh

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[Linked Image]

Had that one's twin when I was in college. Girl paid for it as a birthday gift. Wish I still had the Browning.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nice looking rigs fellas, i could never warm up to a high power. Every time I pick one up i hear Tommy Lee Jones' voice saying "sissy pistol"

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Nice looking rigs fellas, i could never warm up to a high power. Every time I pick one up i hear Tommy Lee Jones' voice saying "sissy pistol"

That 40 of mine with Speer 155 gr Gold Dot hollow points is pretty snappy. Sissy pistol? I think not. laugh

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ok, you get a pass because it's a 40 and you carry kick azz ammo in it

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
RGK is spot on as it was done by Jim Hoag.

FreeMe Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

A Hi-Power reminds you of a Taurus 945? Not even close...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So the most successful pistol in the history of handguns is a "sissy pistol?".

FreeMe Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I always thought the sissies were the ones averse to carrying a little weight. A plastic pistol makes perfect sense if you already have 10 lbs of other gear hangin' off your belt - but for the rest of us you, it's just....well....effeminate. smirk

Last edited by FreeMe; 04/14/14.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It's not so much the 10 pounds of gear hanging off one's belt, but the 40 pounds of fat hanging over one's belt.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
FreeMe Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dan_Chamberlain
It's not so much the 10 pounds of gear hanging off one's belt, but the 40 pounds of fat hanging over one's belt.

Dan - you shouldn't talk about Gitem that way. grin

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

IIRC TLJ was VP Al Gore's room mate in college. Maybe the 'sissy pistol' comment was referring to something altogether different with a lavendar tint.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Selling my hi-power for a glock was the dumbest think I have ever done regarding guns. I thought the glock was better for comp shooting because magazines were cheaper to get and held more ammo.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by varmintsinc
Selling my hi-power for a glock was the dumbest think I have ever done regarding guns. I thought the glock was better for comp shooting because magazines were cheaper to get and held more ammo.
Do a trigger job on a Hi Power and install Spegel grips and you'll see what a magnificent gun the Hi Power really is.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have been looking into replacing the Hogue grips I have been using but why Spegel grips?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, AdventureBound, 338reddog, 5 invisible), 1,680 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,200
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.