Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
As if any of us had any other opinion of the slime, before the comments at the end. What a grossly narcissistic, bloated, self aggrandizing megalomaniac this dude is.

Time for all who haven't, to join or give to the NRA: wives, daughters, daughters in law, included.

Women think they dont have a dog in this fight, but they have just as big or bigger fight in it then men do. Take women to the range to conquer their fears; point out their well being may depend on their right to defend themselves some day, inside or outside the home; that the "it wont happen to me" rational is a 25 years past, antiquated mentality. And these guys are working to leave them vulnerable to all kinds of physical threat.

We cannot depend on our elected officials, who we may have had complete confidence in in the past to protect our rights. Joining also protects us, to a degree, from Congressional retirements, low information voters, or Congressman personal resignation scandals.
We all know, that once the winds of change blow in another favorable direction, they will roll over with a " sudden change of heart, or conscience change", if it keeps them elected, and living off the fat in DC.

I think our only hope is to be as big of a political lobbying force juggernaut as possible. We all must join, even if not the joining type.

--------------------

Former New York City mayor and very, very rich man Michael Bloomberg plans to take on the National Rifle Association and other Second Amendment advocates by forming and financing a new organization focused on gun control. He's pledged at least $50 million to the effort.

From The New York Times:

The plans call for a restructuring of the gun control groups he funds, Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. They will be brought under one new umbrella group called Everytown for Gun Safety.

The strategy will focus not on sweeping federal restrictions to ban certain weapons, but instead will seek to expand the background check system for gun buyers both at the state and national levels.

Bloomberg told the Times that this new group will try to use the NRA�s own tactics against them, penalizing lawmakers whose stances on gun rights differ from the organization�s. �We�ve got to make them afraid of us,� is how he put it.

The former mayor also said that the effort will deviate from the standard playbook for gun control advocates, throwing less money into television campaigns and more money into field operations to drive single-issue voters, focusing primarily on female voters. The group will initially focus on 15 states, including Colorado, Washington, Texas, Montana, and Indiana.

The idea of Bloomberg throwing $50 million behind gun control could do a lot to even the scales�gun control lobbyists have long lacked benefactors with deep pockets like those on the right. But Bloomberg faces a big liability: himself. He might not be the right face for the organization. Here�s how Bloomberg describes coming up with the $50 million budget:

�I put $50 million this year, last year into coal, $53 million into oceans,� he said with a shrug, describing his clean energy and sustainable fishing initiatives. �Certainly a number like that, $50 million. Let�s see what happens.�

$50 million: a mere bag of shells. Let�s see what happens! And Bloomberg�s not particularly humble about his philanthropy. In his own words:

I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I�m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It�s not even close.

http://www.thewire.com/national/201...to-take-on-the-nra/360728/#disqus_thread

Last edited by WillARights; 04/15/14.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WillARights

I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I�m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It�s not even close.

And that right there will be his Achilles Heel. His arrogance won't allow him to smell the big turd that he just stepped in with that one comment.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
W
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W
Amen BB. IF people get to read it, and remember it.

Trump HAD the World, ", Trump saw our children, "
Trump saw a way to make a brighter day so he started giving
There was a choice he was making, he was saving our own lives
Its true he made a brighter day for you and me. --Trump WINS 2016
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let him piss his money away
It hasn't changed anything

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

As if he believes in God at all. C'mon.

Theater.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Snyper
Let him piss his money away
It hasn't changed anything

5 million NRA members might have had something to do with it.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

And that right there will be his Achilles Heel. His arrogance won't allow him to smell the big turd that he just stepped in with that one comment.

Not content to be an over-reaching gun grabber, he has to be a blasphemous over-reaching gun grabber.

I figure that if the "grass-roots" didn't sign up for gun control after Newtown they never will. His money will be well spent down the the drain... hopefully.

He can spend a hundred million, it won't affect the folks around where I live, not in the slightest. If he had any intuitive understanding he would realize he is living in his own echo chamber.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Robert_White

Not content to be an over-reaching gun grabber, he has to be a blasphemous over-reaching gun grabber.

I figure that if the "grass-roots" didn't sign up for gun control after Newtown they never will. His money will be well spent down the the drain... hopefully.

He can spend a hundred million, it won't affect the folks around where I live, not in the slightest. If he had any intuitive understanding he would realize he is living in his own echo chamber.

VERY well said, Mr. White. In this Nation, at this particular time, he is beating a dead horse. Public opinion is strongly against him, more than at almost any time in history. Certainly in this current post modern time capsule.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Robert_White

Yep, a shocking statement that shows a COMPLETE disregard for the truth of Gods word and the provision of Christ, the only sufficient way to make an entrance into the Holy place of God.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In the end Mikey is going to be in for a big surprise.......

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He can ES&D

Really

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

This is the height of arrogance. Can't wait to see the look on his face when that happens.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have noticed that self righteousness is a cornerstone of liberalism.

This comment pretty much defines it.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I pray for him. though I surmise he is past redemption .

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 47 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.