Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by pahick
aint sendin them a McMillan and have it get scratched.

You post this and you call me an idiot?
If someone owns 40+ Remington rifles,I'd think that he'd be smart enough to figure out what to do about that problem. What I think he should not do is take advice from some HICK from Pennsylvania. Especially one that covets a fiberglass stock that's built to take scratches and punishment. You're the phu(king idiot. Now go back down to Airgun forum where you belong and let the men talk.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right, the BONDING AGENT that they put on to LAWYER PROOF the triggers, that basically requires a COMPLETE TEARDOWN and a trip to the auto store for a few E-clips, now is causing problems?
Psht.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Right, the BONDING AGENT that they put on to LAWYER PROOF the triggers, that basically requires a COMPLETE TEARDOWN and a trip to the auto store for a few E-clips, now is causing problems?
Psht.

Maybe they were sniffing the 'bonding agent' a bit too much. I really don't see why people are so up in arms about this. The hole in the trigger shoe would be a bigger issue, for me.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Any reports of anyone being injured or, heaven forbid, kilt, because of this faulty trigger?

I'm thinkin the BS flag may be appropriate here..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
All that the recall is for is potential sealant leaking into the trigger housing casing issues. If one can not remove, disassemble, inspect, clean, reassemble, and reinstall their own, they should look for a new hobby. Trigger maintenance is just as important as bore cleaning, bolt cleaning an maintenance. Just yank the trigger and look your self!

Not doubting what you say as the reason for the recall and, as one who does such maintenance on mine, agree with you there. But, even when clean as a whistle, it's still a Rem trigger.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Interesting I've never had an issue YET... but then again even if I did, I always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction anyway...

Remingtons have some of the best adjustable triggers I've seen on factory guns.

Just wished they were all like the old Walker ones with the supposed problems, that actually never had a problem until idiots tried to tune them.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by CCCC
All that the recall is for is potential sealant leaking into the trigger housing casing issues. If one can not remove, disassemble, inspect, clean, reassemble, and reinstall their own, they should look for a new hobby. Trigger maintenance is just as important as bore cleaning, bolt cleaning an maintenance. Just yank the trigger and look your self!

Not doubting what you say as the reason for the recall and, as one who does such maintenance on mine, agree with you there. But, even when clean as a whistle, it's still a Rem trigger.

I've never had an issue with an Original Walker trigger. And they're easy to adjust. Anything XMark has been replaced. I will take an original flat safety over anything aftermarket. They're easily and safely adjusted under 2#. I have one at 24oz with zero creep or overtravel. Remington never had an issue with triggers till some folks tried to adjust not knowing what the heck they were doing. That coupled with neglect is what got us here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those who have experienced "issues" with clean and unaltered/unadjusted factory Rem triggers do not talk that same way.

1B Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let Remington be Remington.

Dumped my Rems years ago.... It was that, or throw away everything but the receiver on all of them and start over.

My one "Remington" now is actually a Zastava.

1B

Last edited by 1B; 04/13/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I don't own a remington, I guess I can add this to the list of reasons why not

I still have a model 721 in .300 H&H.....the trigger is fine on that rifle.....

But the others are gone.....they don't fix their errors so "screw em"

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Those who have experienced "issues" with clean and unaltered/unadjusted factory Rem triggers do not talk that same way.

Anyone who doesn't not thoroughly function test a rifle before putting a love round in is a fool. I have seen folks claiming they have these issues, but can never validate or recreate the issues. That seems strange....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone who doesn't thoroughly function test a rifle before putting a live round in is a fool.

possibly but it's person standing in front of him that pays the price.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I can't fathom a reason I'd have one in the chamber around another and when it comes time to get angry I can't fathom a reason I'd do so with someone standing in front of me.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by vapodog
Anyone who doesn't thoroughly function test a rifle before putting a live round in is a fool.

possibly but it's person standing in front of him that pays the price.

Read again...thoroughly function test BEFORE putting a live round in.

Oh...and NEVER POINT THE MUZZLE AT SOMETHING YOU DO NOT INTEND TO DESTROY! I bet these are some of the same folks who use their rifle optics as spotting scopes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Anyone who doesn't not thoroughly function test a rifle before putting a love round in is a fool. I have seen folks claiming they have these issues, but can never validate or recreate the issues. That seems strange....

Pahntr760 - can't doubt your sincerity or enthusiasm for the Rems, and agree with you one the safety measure. But, none of us have "seen it all" and the fact that one or more of us has not seen a bad event does not mean that it hasn't happened. Others have witnessed the problems - problems NOT caused by crud or maladjustment - and some of those have been repeated. I am among them - still own and shoot two 700s and, believe me, am very wary of that setup. I NEVER engage the safety.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never have had a issue with a Remington trigger. But I normally clean them and re adjust them. YMMV

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you send those PacNor barreled rifles in, they will not be worked on. You have tossed the Remington warranty in the trash. Just go buy new triggers if you're really concerned about it.

I don't have any X-Mark Pro triggers. If I did, I would look, clean and reinstall myself. No lie required. It's a simple procedure, and I can get the exact same effect at home, and not be out a rifle.

Go ahead and send your rifles, see what they say.

Originally Posted by http://www.remington.com/pages/support/firearm-warranty-information.aspx
What is not covered by this warranty?

Unauthorized adjustments, repairs or modifications

Just to update, I called Remington. Finally got a hold of someone after a 45 minute wait. I asked about both rifles that have custom barrels, and are they covered or will they be rejected. The Rep said this isnt a warranty issue, but a product safety recall. He asked if either still had factory untouched XMP triggers. Thats is all they are concerned with. If the serial number is on the recall list, and has an untouched XMP trigger, they will repair. To remove any scopes or added accessories before sending back.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Amazing how many years this has been a topic of discussion. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I've had a pile of 700's over the years and shot 'em a lot, I've done trigger work on every one of them that I didn't replace with a Timney, I've only had one AD. I had a 700 in 223 that I used to hunt coyotes with, I had messed with the trigger on it to the point that you could look at it and it would go off. I was calling one day and got a yote to come in, I flicked the safety off and then the yote hung up in some thick stuff and just stayed there, I put the safety back on out of habit and waited, eventually he moved where I could see him again and I put the crosshairs on him and squeezed the trigger, I forgot I had put the safety back on, when I realized it, I flipped the safety off and the rifle went off without pulling the trigger. I just chalked it up to my getting the trigger to light and I promptly changed it out for a Timney, I don't believe it was the rifles fault, it was mine.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I bought a bare Remington 700 Action from Brownell's in 2012 and built it into a custom swap barrel rifle. It came with the new X-Mark Pro trigger, which was removed first and replaced with a Jewel. I was planning to use the X-Mark Pro trigger on something else, at least until the recall. So what to do.

First I found that JARD manufacturer's a kit to replace the OEM parts in the X-Mark Pro trigger.

http://jardinc.com/index.php?option...n&layout=blog&id=1&Itemid=35

I ordered the Part Number 2182, 11oz. Rem X Pro V Trigger Kit, Silver and a spring kit,

Part Number, 1058 9oz. Model V, 24oz. Model H, 2lb Model XH, which gives me three different pull weights to experiment with.

When the parts arrive I will proceed to soak the X-Mark Pro trigger in Methylene Chloride solvent which will dissolve any epoxy, dry it with compressed air and disassemble. An alternative would be to dissolve the epoxy with Jasco's Premium Paint & Epoxy Remover, both available from paint stores or Amazon. I use these products to soften or remove epoxy bedding when it adheres to metal where it isn't supposed to without damaging the finish. Methylene Chloride will dissolve most rubber gloves, so use pliers to handle the parts.

Then it should be a simple matter to install the replacement parts and adjust the trigger as instructed. I have an old Canjar 2 oz trigger on a Wichita Silhouette Pistol for a test mule.

So for about $86 I may be able to salvage a reject trigger and modify it into something useful, if not, oh well.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 22250rem, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,210 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,802
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.