Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It's a complicated mess but what's a fair way to settle the issue?

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by fish head
It's a complicated mess but what's a fair way to settle the issue?

Does Bundy get to decide what's fair?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The fine folks on the fire get to decide what's fair.

Is Cliven Bundy a member? grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
First determine the actual owner of the land in question. Then he should pay the associated permit fees if they exist.

Personally I think there is more going on here than we are privy too. Seemed like an awful large show of militaristic force up front for just a few "free grazers" and a bunch of cattle.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hmmmm......life ain't fair!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Resolution- hang Harry.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by eyeball
Resolution- hang Harry.
yes

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Nobody ever listens to Col. [bleep] Troutman!

Just leave the schit alone, and pick him up working in a car wash or leaving a restaurant at a later date.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First determine the actual owner of the land in question.

There's never been any doubt about that

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I'd say at a minimum, old Harry has to pay whatever fees he didn't pay while he was still grazing stock. All of it.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jdm953
Originally Posted by eyeball
Resolution- hang Harry.
yes

Good resolution too...but tarred & feathered and stripped of all his ill gotten gains would be better.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rancher pay the fees and then the Government leave him alone

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd like to see a special prosecutor brought in to investigate the BLM, and to put their head honchos up on Federal Charges. The boss of BLM is Harry Reid's old policy wonk.

Sam......

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He went to court and lost. He appealed and lost.

He's been on double secret probation ever since. Just one more slip up mister, and yer finished at Faber!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What's the right resolution re: Bundy?

Not saying that either side is completely "in the right" here.

Also not arguing the ownership of said lands.

The root cause of this whole fiasco was a radical environmental group filed litigation based on false science they didn't have to prove and won a lawsuit to close a huge amount of land to grazing. That happened in 1993. BLM reduced Bundy's permit for grazing by 450,000 acres to accommodate the litigation.

So in short what the Bundy Family had been legally doing since 1877 was wiped out with the stroke of a pen for a special interest group that has no further goal than to push ranchers out of business and forever close the lands.

At that point in time, Bundy refused to pay any further money to BLM. Which brings us to where we are today with line drawn in the sand and people taking sides. It also brought us to the point that we all saw milartistic tactics by the government deployed against the American People. It showed the readiness of the government to resort to violence on Americans that never threw a single punch, or pointed any firearm at government agents.

How to fix it?

Maybe there are a couple of solutions.

First, a person has the reasonable expectation that he can continue to legally ranch the land that his family has ranched in total compliance since 1877. Just because the eviction was legal, doesn't make it right and just.

Legislation should be implemented to give those people certain rights based on historical usage on public land.

The same scenario on private land has those protections based on historical usage. The same laws that apply on private land should apply on public lands.

Second, and not less importantly...

Much as "Tort Reform" was legislatively implemented to limit abuses of the legal and court system for lawsuits that were awarding 2 million dollars for spilled coffee, legislation that disallows the misuse of court systems for frivolous lawsuits that only serve to further the goals of special interest groups such as the environmental terrorist groups.

The environmental terrorism within the court systems are not limited to public lands. We ALL pay the price for this type of tactic that is used by those groups against private sector industry such as the oil business and auto manufacturing, as well as mining, electric power generation, commercial fishing, and the firearms industry, and related categories.

We all pay billions of dollars each year because of this type of abuse. And our freedoms and ability to thrive in private sector business or industry is total at risk due to these abuses.

If Bundy had been afforded basic protections that any of us SHOULD be afforded, this never would have even gotten past first base.

Just my opinion. Yours probably will vary.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The root cause of this whole fiasco was a radical environmental group filed litigation based on false science they didn't have to prove and won a lawsuit to close a huge amount of land to grazing. That happened in 1993. BLM reduced Bundy's permit for grazing by 450,000 acres to accommodate the litigation.

So in short what the Bundy Family had been legally doing since 1877 was wiped out with the stroke of a pen for a special interest group that has no further goal than to push ranchers out of business and forever close the lands.

At that point in time, Bundy refused to pay any further money to BLM. Which brings us to where we are today with line drawn in the sand and people taking sides. It also brought us to the point that we all saw milartistic tactics by the government deployed against the American People. It showed the readiness of the government to resort to violence on Americans that never threw a single punch, or pointed any firearm at government agents.

How to fix it?

First, a person has the reasonable expectation that he can continue to legally ranch the land that his family has ranched in total compliance since 1877. Just because the eviction was legal, doesn't make it right and just.

Legislation should be implemented to give those people certain rights based on historical usage on public land.

The same scenario on private land has those protections based on historical usage. The same laws that apply on private land should apply on public lands.

Much as "Tort Reform" was legislatively implemented to limit abuses of the legal and court system for lawsuits that were awarding 2 million dollars for spilled coffee, legislation that disallows the misuse of court systems for frivolous lawsuits that only serve to further the goals of special interest groups such as the environmental terrorist groups.

The environmental terrorism within the court systems are not limited to public lands. We ALL pay the price for this type of tactic that is used by those groups against private sector industry such as the oil business and auto manufacturing, as well as mining, electric power generation, commercial fishing, and the firearms industry, and related categories.

We all pay billions of dollars each year because of this type of abuse. And our freedoms and ability to thrive in private sector business or industry is total at risk due to these abuses.

If Bundy had been afforded basic protections that any of us SHOULD be afforded, this never would have even gotten past first base.

This seems pretty logical and agree would be a good start. I would also add that if/when legal ownership of said land is found and if Bundy is found to be owning the money for the lease, then a lien should be placed on his property, monies collected at time of cattle/property sales, like is done in real America, Not by some brown shirt invasion of goobermint thugs.

Last edited by SBTCO; 04/16/14.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Makes sense to me. Of course I identify with ranchers cause I am one. We don't run on gov. ground but I do a lot of fellas that do. The NFS and BLM are not fun to do business with. Most of their range cons wouldn't know a cow from a turtle. Then there is the wild horse (feral) thing. The Devils Gardens, which I neighbor has around 2000 of the nags (FS management plan calls for 350 to 400). I know for a fact that none of these horses ancestors ever belonged to the Spanish. They have a lot of draft blood in them. They come off the Garden onto private ground, but we can not charge trespass fees to the FS or BLM and can not remove them. The BLM is charged with doing that, although they don't. I am all in favor of the public using public ground, but a lot of people are slobs (don't leave gates as they found them, camp right on a spring, cut fences and don't repair them, leave trash and dump more horses on the range cause they can't afford them. ED

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Enforce the laws. The courts have ruled against Bundy. At the very least he should pay all his grazing fees and remove his cattle as ordered. How that can be achieved peacefully, I'm not sure.

I think the American people overwhelming believe that the ballot box and the law should decide what happens, not threats of violence.

Why the laws of both Nevada and U.S. are against Bundy.

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

How to fix it?

This seems pretty logical and agree would be a good start. I would also add that if/when legal ownership of said land is found and if Bundy is found to be owning the money for the lease, then a lien should be placed on his property, monies collected at time of cattle/property sales, like is done in real America, Not by some brown shirt invasion of goobermint thugs.

Originally Posted by m_s_s
Makes sense to me. Of course I identify with ranchers cause I am one. We don't run on gov. ground but I do a lot of fellas that do. The NFS and BLM are not fun to do business with. Most of their range cons wouldn't know a cow from a turtle. Then there is the wild horse (feral) thing. The Devils Gardens, which I neighbor has around 2000 of the nags (FS management plan calls for 350 to 400). I know for a fact that none of these horses ancestors ever belonged to the Spanish. They have a lot of draft blood in them. They come off the Garden onto private ground, but we can not charge trespass fees to the FS or BLM and can not remove them. The BLM is charged with doing that, although they don't. I am all in favor of the public using public ground, but a lot of people are slobs (don't leave gates as they found them, camp right on a spring, cut fences and don't repair them, leave trash and dump more horses on the range cause they can't afford them. ED

3 good posts....making good points.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Buck_
Enforce the laws. The courts have ruled against Bundy. At the very least he should pay all his grazing fees and remove his cattle as ordered. How that can be achieved peacefully, I'm not sure.

I think the American people overwhelming believe that the ballot box and the law should decide what happens, not threats of violence.

Why the laws of both Nevada and U.S. are against Bundy.

Yep.

Just like they ought to send in the same sort of law enforcement personnel and tactics that we saw at Bundy Ranch to every home of NY gun owners that are now law breakers by possessing an AR15 or a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds.

Point guns at them. Taze them. Create 1st Amendment areas outside of towns about 3 miles, and throw women to the ground. Get on the loud speakers an announce you have a Court Order to enforce this law, and that you will shoot if the people get closer.

After all, they broke the law, right?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 9 invisible), 1,490 guests, and 706 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,678
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.