-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Are you having a bad hair day?????? I bet it's not this bad!

Nobody wants to be the poster boy for a bad haircut. Presumably, Kim Jong-un is among that group. And when it comes to hair, if you needed proof that the North Korean leader�s skin may not be as thick as your run-of-the-mill dictator, it came from London this week.

It all started when a London hair salon, M&M Hair Academy, used Kim�s smiling visage and close-cropped hairdo as part of a promotional campaign. And not in a good way. The salon pinned up a poster on its window with Kim�s picture and the text: �Bad Hair Day?� As a further enticement, the poster offered a 15 percent discount to customers.

North Korean officials visit Ealing salon over Kim Jong-un 'bad hair' advert http://t.co/vIWNJ8isPr pic.twitter.com/xHI1KICbND
— BBC London Newsroom (@BBCLondonNews) April 15, 2014

No a big deal, right?

Well, the salon put up the poster to drum up extra business on Wednesday last week. On Thursday, two men claiming to be North Korean officials showed up at M&M asking why their leader was on the poster and demanding to see the manager. M&M�s proprietor, Mo Nabbach, told Agence France-Presse the officials photographed his salon, demanded his name and ordered him to remove the poster, which they deemed disrespectful. "The two guys were wearing suits and they were very serious. It was very threatening,� said Nabbach. Not one to be intimidated by hair henchmen, Nabbach stood up for his rights (of sorts) saying: �Listen this isn't North Korea, this is England, we live in a democracy so I'm afraid you're going to have to get out of my salon,� according to the BBC.

A little worried that maybe the poster issue wasn�t yet over, Nabbach also called the cops to report the incident and was told the North Korean embassy had also contacted the police about the poster in question. A London police spokesman told the Guardian: "I can confirm that the North Korean embassy have contacted us and that we are in liaison with them. Officers spoke to all parties. No offences have been disclosed."

The motivation for the ad campaign is the widely circulated story about North Korea�s strict regulation of hairstyles in the country. �Obviously in the current news there has been this story that North Korean men are only allowed one haircut,� one of the salon�s barbers told the BBC. That one haircut, unsurprisingly, looks a lot like Kim Jong-un�s. Slate�s Joshua Keating, however, warns that you should be skeptical of claims of barbershop big brother in North Korea. But, as Keating writes: �This is not to say that the North Korean government hasn�t been unusually preoccupied with the hair of its citizens.�

Link.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

hope they don't get all pissy, like drawing a pic of the prophet.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wow. I got a giggle out of this. Thanks.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Is England really a democracy?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Is England really a democracy?

Travis

If a bunch of liberals and communists claiming to be a democracy is a democracy, yes.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the picture RWE, I couldn't find one (although I really didn't look that hard) makes the story so much better.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Norks need to lighten up ....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The little prictator has bad hair for sure, but I can't believe the salon overlooked this character for their advertising campaign.

[Linked Image]

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yep, so much better with aliens and shyte.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm beginning to think that bad hair styles like those are true indicators of mental illness. shocked eek grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
I'm beginning to think that bad hair styles like those are true indicators of mental illness. shocked eek grin

Ed

thankfully, my little voices tell me to keep mine "wash rag" short....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (10Glocks, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 75 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,668
Posts18,455,952
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.