24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Would you hire a sober alcoholic......? Sober 20-30 yrs that is ?

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by mirage243

I highly dis-agree with this statement. I don't smoke it, but I know several people that do, some of them are the most highly motivated people I know, a doctor, couple of lawyers and highly skilled professionals. I'm not saying it don't make a lot of people worthless and lazy, but I think they were that way to begin with, weed just makes it worse for them.

Yeah, been there with a few of those seemingly motivated types in the "professions" - those who have not might be much surprised at some of their primary motivations. No matter how affable and convivial, NEVER would I hire one for an organization about which I care.

Would you hire one that drinks alcohol?

I have hired folks who drink alchohol but would never hire an alchoholic - and have let more than one person go because of the effects of their alchohol abuse. Alchohol abuse is a genuine problem but, with regard to performance in a demanding profession, if you are assuming to in some way equate the usual effects of even regular moderate alchohol ingestion with the effects of ingesting weed, cocaine, meth, etc. - you might wish think again.

not necessarily, when you met down in NM i was taking enough morphine every day to kill someone your size that doesnt have a tolerance built up and was/am on a drug that im taking specifically cause it phugs with how my brain is wired to try and slow down the pain signals.....no one seemed to have a problem that i was packing a gun around and shooting with everyone....

everyone seems alright with this but damn if i want to use a lil pot instead so i dont have to deal with the chitty side effects of the two drugs im on.....though the pot works better than those two pills and at a dose that leaves me clear headed...

Last edited by rattler; 04/16/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
[/quote]

Would you hire one that drinks alcohol?

I have hired folks who drink alchohol but would never hire an alchoholic - and have let more than one person go because of the effects of their alchohol abuse. Alchohol abuse is a genuine problem but, with regard to performance in a demanding profession, if you are assuming to in some way equate the usual effects of even regular moderate alchohol ingestion with the effects of ingesting weed, cocaine, meth, etc. - you might wish think again. [/quote]

You can leave the meth and cocaine out of the equation, not advocating that at all. I have seen the effects of weed and alcohol and they don't affect everyone the same way, some are bad for some and some are bad for others, whether you believe so or not, they don't affect everyone the same way.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I smoked 1/4 to 1/2 oz a week for almost five years. While in college, had some sticky-icky helped me through a semester of Trig. Pulled an A out of that class. Finished my B of S with a 3.89 in a scientific field. Not some lame ass no thinking political science courses.

It definitely gives a man the ability to compartmentalize complex situations AND solve them. It also gave me the super human abilities to recognize bullshit when I see and hear it.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Didn't take an expensive study for me to see that daily pot users burned their brains. Motivated you say? The only motivation I observed was the motivation to get more pot and come up with innovtive ways to smoke/ingest it. Most laid around all day with their eyes looking like two pizz holes in the snow, pretty worthless. This was in Colorado in the late 70's before the state became the dope den it is today.

Last edited by gunswizard; 04/16/14.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Visualize Whirled Peas

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know too many functioning tokers to say the stuff demotivates you. In fact, I know some very good businessmen that get high and brainstorm marketing ideas. They are very wealthy follks and lead normal lives.

Also know some folks that smoke it before they get on the treadmill. Says it takes there mind off of the boring workout.

Last edited by Toddly; 04/16/14.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
^^^^ me too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Toddly
I know too many functioning tokers to say the stuff demotivates you. In fact, I know some very good businessmen that get high and brainstorm marketing ideas. They are very wealthy follks and lead normal lives.

Also know some folks that smoke it before they get on the treadmill. Says it takes there mind off of the boring workout.

What were they marketing ?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I could lay 5 squares of architechural shingles per hour while stoned off my ass.

And my [bleep] looked good.

The more shingles I layed,
the more money I earned,
the better green I could smoke.

A few shots of calvin klien escape to cover the skunk stench and I could sell a $10k roofing job to the cougar next door. I had the silver tongue. I could size up your personality triats on the doorstep in 5 seconds and play the act that fit. Rarely missed a sale.

Trane air conditioners are built every day by stoners. The best A/C in USA.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Toddly

LOL

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
In short, dope retards motivation. Who'd a thunk?

straight to the point there pat

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
A doctor and a couple of lawyers? They are doing coke for the GO times.

BTW, anybody who plays golf knows that after some folks get a few holes out on the course, out comes the reefer to go with their beer. Those guys are in arrested adolescence, and they're usually the local 'pillars of the community'. I'm just pointing that out.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lots of alcoholics function brilliantly; which is not to say alcohol doesn't cause brain damage.
It's almost Miller time!

Last edited by night_owl; 04/16/14.

abusus non tollit usum
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I am living proof that the study is [bleep].

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Funded by the liquor industry, no doubt.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Want to know how dope screws up your thinking, just look at the president.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I wish I could smoke dope but it almost always made me a paranoid, neurotic mess when I tried it. Not fun.

Most people can handle it just fine.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by slumlord
I could lay 5 squares of architechural shingles per hour while stoned off my ass.

And my [bleep] looked good.

The more shingles I layed,
the more money I earned,
the better green I could smoke.

A few shots of calvin klien escape to cover the skunk stench and I could sell a $10k roofing job to the cougar next door. I had the silver tongue. I could size up your personality triats on the doorstep in 5 seconds and play the act that fit. Rarely missed a sale.

That's pretty good. Could you bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan too?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
645 members (1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 257Bob, 257 mag, 73 invisible), 2,755 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,130
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.