-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A lot corn in sweetfeed, and as I recall from my youth, a bit of molasses. Should give a light rum flavor that should be tasty!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My bag is equal parts corn, oak, barley and touch of molasses.

Darn fancy grain bill, I'm telling ya. Properly run, aired and aged about a week (white) can't be beat.

Denny.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Gibby
The top half is good.

The bottom half will give you a headache.

TFF grin

*Master of random precision*
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I had a sample a couple of months ago during a distillery tour. It's better than the WR-regular.

The wife and I stopped by on our way south last week on a lark. We were 10 minutes late. frown Beautiful country though.

I enjoy WR with a light splash of tepid H2O. Double O is on the shopping list for the next run.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm with mathman on the WR Double Oak. Too tannic and astringent for my taste. I thought the wood overpowered the other flavors. Much prefer the regular WR but different tastes is why they make lots of different whiskey. One of the few top shelf bourbons I really didn't like (the other being Angel's Envy).

Re: Sweet feed shine. I know what it is and liked it. Aged 5 months in a first-fill 5 liter medium char barrel.

Last edited by cooper57m; 04/16/14.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Put me in the "it's good but not worth the premium" camp.

I enjoyed in better the second time I had it, I'd like to try it again. Lot of oak.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[quote=284LUVR]My bag is equal parts corn, oak, barley and touch of molasses.

Darn fancy grain bill, I'm telling ya. Properly run, aired and aged about a week (white) can't be beat.

Denny. [/quote

Sign me up! Sounds real tasty. Don't forget to run some Calvados!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Originally Posted by stxhunter
but made using sweetfeed-
[Linked Image]

Betcha most of the likker snobs here haven't a clue what sweetfeed is and if ya told 'em they'd have an aneurysm.

Pour some good cheap bar whiskey into a fancy bottle and right away they be goin' off about nose, nutty, delightful, malty and oaky etc.

Denny

Dumped many a bag at black bear bait stations... they like it before it gets distilled and a little fermentation does not bother them. It does not clump up like donuts and stuff so the bear has to hang in right at the feed to eat rather than grabbing a huge clod and disappearing into the brush..

They call it "COB with" here...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Got home a little while ago and tried it, neat. Very smooth and even. I like it!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I'm with mathman on the WW Double Oak. Too tannic and astringent for my taste. I thought the wood overpowered the other flavors. Much prefer the regular WW but different tastes is why they make lots of different whiskey. One of the few top shelf bourbons I really didn't like (the other being Angel's Envy).

I like it with some Diet 7*Up and ice. Tastes great to me.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
god...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
laffin'

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
That's what Ten High or Early Times are for. grin

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by mathman

What about Canadian Mist? Anything in a 1.75 ltr plastic jug for under $20 will do.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's alright, but not a thriller in my book. Especially at the price.
I've only had the regular and above somebody said it was better than the regular WR. It would have to be.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
how do you guys drink that stuff without getting a vicious hangover? brown liquor rips me a new one so i gave it up. i must be allergic or something. i tried and tried but just can't do it. so its beer for me. mostly homebrew too.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
My best buddies wife started on WR some years back. Got us to try it. Not bad at all.

Will have to buy her a bottle of the double aged one next Christmas or sooner so we can all have a sip.

Thanks, Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rem141r
how do you guys drink that stuff without getting a vicious hangover? brown liquor rips me a new one so i gave it up. i must be allergic or something. i tried and tried but just can't do it. so its beer for me. mostly homebrew too.
if you make it yourself and know how to make your cuts there will be no hangover.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by cooper57m

What about Canadian Mist? Anything in a 1.75 ltr plastic jug for under $20 will do.

Seems I remember a big bottle of McNaughtons a long time ago that we may have shared... You moving up? wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

618 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 204guy, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 75 invisible), 2,083 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,262
Posts18,448,206
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.