Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Done business with Doug and Cameraland in the past, and must give Kudos, this guy exemplifies what Customer Service is all about.

He was quick to respond to a few emails, and call me right back after he got off the phone with another customer.

Thanks again Doug, glad you had what I was looking for, at a good price, and shipped right out.

Happy Easter to you, your family, and employees.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ditto - great service and prices. Every transaction has been smooth as silk. My questions have been answered and my business appreciated. Good people. Good prices. Good service.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I like working with them, they have very good if not the best prices, they have always treated me well. I got a Conquest once that had some junk floating in the tube, Doug called the Zeiss sports optics sales guy, I sent the scope in to Zeiss, they sent me a new one took only a few days. I find Cameralands customer service before and after the sale to be excellent.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just got tired of reading about customer service so I got up from my desk and walked over to my Nikon Fieldscope ED on its Vortex tripod and peered across the river and deep into the island and smiled to myself as I thought it was all bought from grateful people at Cameraland who help pay for this little community of friends�

Thanks to everyone at Cameraland

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
My shooting buddies and I have purchased 6 scopes and two spotters from Doug because of all the positive things said about CL NY and their service.

If I bought a discounted scope and it had to be sent to the factory for repair, I would figure it is just the way it is. For CL to expedite repair by getting Vortex to pay for shipping, is a credit to their concerns of good service.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My buddy bought a Viper during their Inventory Sale (Doug out of the office sale). KILLER deal on that scope.

I bought my Swaro LRF from them as a demo. No problems what-so-ever. Between myself and my buds we've bought a good amount of stuff from Doug and never a problem.

Jason

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Lost count of how many rifle and spotter scopes, binoculars & range finders I have purchased for myself and friends from CL and I have been happy with every purchased.

When I (yes my mistake) incorrectly ordered the wrong item they were super easy to work with.

Only once out did I received a non functional item and they provided all the instructions on how to return it and in a very short time I had a replacement.

My job over the years has exposed me to hundreds of business; many have good service but only a few have outstanding service and CL is one of the best.

Ted
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have bought a number of things (spotting scopes, bino's and camera gear) from Doug and he has always been a first class guy to deal with...service was number 1

Rob
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bought a Canon lens from Camera Land at the end of March, and the transaction was seamless. Package arrived promptly, all in perfect shape, price was the best anywhere, all paperwork for Canon rebate, which I wqs unaware of until Joel pointed it out (put $200 back in my pocket) was neatly organzied and ready, and Joel threw in a free brick of .22 LR. whistle

OK he didn't throw in a brick of .22 LR.

But the transaction could not have gone better. From price to shipping speed to service, Camera Land treated me awesome, as they always have. Every time.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Over 10 years ago I contacted Doug about a torn eyecup on my then 20+ year old Zeiss ClassiCs. He sent me to the Zeiss repair shop back door to see if one of the actual repair guys would just drop one in an envelope for me.

It did not work, they had put a gate-keeper there to prevent that very thing. They wanted $22 per eyecup. So I called Doug back to tell him thanks, but it didn't work.

He said he would try and then let me know the cups were coming, no charge.

When I asked how he got past the gate-keeper he said he couldn't get there either... and he paid for the eyecups and would not take anything for them...

That is why all of my optics have come from Camera Land ever since... And why he was invited to go fishing on Kodiak with me. This year will be the Ninth Annual, Once in a Lifetime Fishing Trip for us...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yes, Doug, Neill and Joel -- and the entire CLNY staff -- are a class act, and they are always my first choice when it comes to optics.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have good experiences with Cameraland. I had a problem with a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 demo I purchased. The objective lens had a scratch. I called Neil, he told me they were out and was not sure what Zeiss would be able to do since it was discontinued. He told me Zeiss would contact me by e-mail with a pre-paid label to send the scope back to them. He explained they did not want something back in the store damaged and it would be more efficient to send it back to Zeiss. While I was waiting to hear from Zeiss I looked through the other demos on the website. I saw for a little more money I could buy the new 3-15x42 HD5 Conquest. I called Neil and asked if I could pay the difference and get the other scope. Neil said it would be no problem. As soon as Zeiss got their scope back from me, Neil mailed the HD5 to me. In retrospect, I am glad I upgraded to the HD5. It is worth the extra coin and it is funny how things work out.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great service from great people.

Funny how the ones bitching and moaning about poor service haven't dealt with them personaly. See seems like they are doing CL a favor by taking their business or lack of somewhere else.

Scope season coming up soon.....

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Camerland = Great service, great prices and great product selection. If you have questions about anything optic, call them if your on the fence. I have on (2) occasions called because I was bordering on (2) products, they sent both and I made the decision after handling both for while.

I've bought Camera and lenses, several binoculars and many scopes and have never had a glitch.

I must admit my expectations are a bit different than others on other threads!!

Many thanks,

Rob

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Doug, there is a reason most of us have ringworm on "ignore." Your
CS has always been outstanding in our dealings.

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well to be clear FWIW, I posted this thread a day BEFORE that other thread came out.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickBin
Bought a Canon lens from Camera Land ........
the transaction could not have gone better. From price to shipping speed to service, Camera Land treated me awesome, as they always have. Every time.

Ditto! I've bought better than bottom-line stuff for our kids thanks to the demo/refurb deals among other stuff; good deals- quick arrivals (even in time for late-ordered birthday gifts). If I had to make a complaint it would be that they don't sell stuff that kids can't lose during rest breaks on the tundra! crazy (And my 'noculars can't seem to be broken in spite of multiple abuses well above and beyond their design.)

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Heres what I know about Doug from Cameraland. I called over a year ago to inquire about digital cameras. Was put on perma-hold till I finally gave up and went elsewhere. I thought nothing of it because I have that kind of luck�I once bought a can of pork and beans �..guess what? No beans in it�seriously.

Anyway I mentioned both incidents on a thread and before you know it I got a nice PM from Doug apologizing, even though I assured him repeatedly that it was just my luck�

Bottom line, when it was time to buy a new LRF, guess who I called and got excellent service ( and price) from�. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Great service from great people.

Funny how the ones bitching and moaning about poor service haven't dealt with them personaly. See seems like they are doing CL a favor by taking their business or lack of somewhere else.

Scope season coming up soon.....

NOT SIGNALING ANY PARTICULAR FORUM MEMBERS OUT ON THIS...

But in my experiences, many complaints you see on the internet about a good companies 'lack of' good customer service... is from folks who have had little business experience dealing with customers, or sales themselves...

nothing is ever perfect 100% of the time... but the proof in the pudding, is how well a company recovers the ball and the follow up...fumbles happen... how fast it is recovered is what separates the men from the boys...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
More of the same. I know next to nothing about cameras. A year or so ago I bought my wife a DSLR camera from Cameraland. As best I recall I dealt with Joel.

He asked what kind of photography she'd use the camera for and took a lot of time explaining the features of the cameras I asked him about. He advised which of the cameras he liked best for the use I described. As these cameras were all about the same price I took his recommendation which has turned out to be a good idea. After I gave her the camera she had a question about some operational feature on the camera. I called back and he answered the question in detail.

The price of the camera and accessories delivered was about, give or take a few dollars, what it would have been from Costco.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 56 invisible), 2,104 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,271
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.