Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
It seems like the Obama administration is interested in grabbing as much as they can, and putting it under the control of the federal government.

In a move lawmakers and farmers are calling �the biggest land grab in the history of the world,� the Environmental Protection Agency is requesting jurisdiction over all public and private streams in the United States that are �intermittent, seasonal and rain-dependent.�

The EPA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in late March jointly released a proposed rule, Waters of the United States, in an effort to clarify which streams and wetlands are protected under the Clean Water Act.

A statement issued by the EPA says �the proposed rule will benefit businesses by increasing efficiency in determining coverage of the Clean Water Act.�

But some lawmakers strongly disagree.

According to congressional budget testimony last week, Waters of the United States would give the EPA authority over streams on private property even when the water beds have been dry, in some cases for hundreds of years.

Calling it �the biggest land grab in the history of the world,� House Appropriations Committee Chairman Rep. Harold Rogers, R-Ky., said the �economic impact of that would be profound.�

�A community needing to build on private land that had on it one of these so-called streams that you considered a waterway under the new rule would have to travel thousands, hundreds of miles to D.C., to get approval,� Rogers said.

The congressman argued it �would absolutely freeze economic activity in this country.�

Rogers said the proposal is �proof in and of itself of the mal-intent of this administration toward the private sector.�

The Independent Journal Review has more:

Several lawmakers have noted that the measure, if approved, would give the EPA control over private property such as ponds and creeks:

Louisiana Sen. David Vitter, the top Republican on the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, charged, �The � rule may be one of the most significant private property grabs in U.S. history.� He stated that the EPA was �picking and choosing� its science while trying to �take another step toward outright permitting authority over virtually any wet area in the country.� Vitter also noted that if the EPA gets its way, more environmental groups could sue private property owners.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska, was also furious, saying that the EPA grab �could result in serious collateral damage to our economy.� She added of her home state, �If EPA is not careful, this rule could effectively give the federal government control of nearly all of our state � and prove to be a showstopper for both traditional access and new development.�

The EPA argues that the change is meant to simply clarify the scope of powers that the organization already has, and that those powers are necessary because more than 115 million Americans receive their water from those temporary or seasonal sources.

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/...st-land-grab-in-the-history-of-the-world

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I have one question---Who was president when Osama Bin Laden was killed?

Bush said he'd get him dead or alive, and couldn't do it in eight years, although he did manage to totally f**K up the economy in that time.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
What does OBL have to do with the EPA topic at hand?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rbinhood

Bush said he'd get him dead or alive, and couldn't do it in eight years, although he did manage to totally f**K up the economy in that time.

just another libtard troll............bummer ballwasher

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
rbinhood, does your mommy know you're talking to strangers on the computer?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'd like to see the picture of Obummer with his tactical gear on during the night raid that got OBL. I'm sure the narcissist in chief has a photoshopped one on his night stand, maybe you do too. Sounds like something an Obummer ball washing 12 post troll would have right next to the astro-glide. Not to steal one of Larry's signature lines but��Congratulations?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Certainly Bush had the opportunity though mistakes were made and he (OBL) escaped. But to be truthful Clinton also had an even better opportunity and never took it. Our military has had opportunities on several occasions. Certainly they are up to the task if they are allowed to do what they are trained to do. There was nothing special about the fact that it happened at the time that it did- just that the Navy Seal Team was allowed to operate. Even then it almost went south for them. So if you want to give credit and blame- perhaps the whole OBL and company attack on the US can be laid squarely on the feet of Billy "I never" Clinton. Of course the economy would not be in the straits it is in presently either if we had not ended up in "Bush's" (thoroughly bi-partisan) war in the Middle East.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Klikitarik, you are a breath of fresh air. Someone with a brain who knows how to use it and can actually think for himself, rather than spout the company line heard on Rush and O'Reilly like so many of the Koch brother's minions who inhabit this place.

Ptarmigan, OSU Sig, and eh76, you all suck Koch.

Last edited by rbinhood; 04/17/14.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
This epa water grab is huge. It will shut down any type of activity around anywhere it rains. They want to regulate water puddles. You would have to get a permit to blade your drive way if you had a water puddle in it. This is way over the top.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
This epa water grab is huge.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't assume I didn't recognize you for what you are. Hopeless Change is just that. We've had enough.

OBL is gone. Great! But what does that solve now? We will be better off when BHO is gone - less than 1000 days. Hurray!

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Klikitarik, you are a breath of fresh air. Someone with a brain who knows how to use it and can actually think for himself, rather than spout the company line heard on Rush and O'Reilly like so many of the Koch brother's minions who inhabit this place.

Your posts sound very similar to another liberal whack job on this site. Hmmmmmmm, I wonder........

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Don't assume I didn't recognize you for what you are. Hopeless Change is just that. We've had enough.

OBL is gone. Great! But what does that solve now? We will be better off when BHO is gone - less than 1000 days. Hurray!

Awwww.......I bet you just lost a friend. grin

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
It amazes me the someone comes on this site and challenges the narrow conservative view of the world and politics that so many here espouse, and you people can't handle it. You live in a little white bread world where you are threatened by anyone who dares to think, or for that matter, look different than you do. It must be Hell to go through life scared of anything or anyone that's different than you are. If there's a brain cell between the bunch of you, it's gotta be awfully lonely.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

MOLON LABE

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It amazes me the someone comes on this site and challenges the narrow conservative view of the world and politics that so many here espouse, and you people can't handle it. You live in a little white bread world where you are threatened by anyone who dares to think, or for that matter, look different than you do. It must be Hell to go through life scared of anything or anyone that's different than you are. If there's a brain cell between the bunch of you, it's gotta be awfully lonely.

Like the commercial says, "you can learn a lot from a DUmmy".

Please continue...........lol.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

What you confuse with thinking is nothing more than anathema to everything the US was built on and used to make the US the super-power it was. Without it we would never have done what we have done at war and during times of peace.

And now all you "thinkers" want a big piece of someone else's pie and wonder why your whining is not perceived as valuable. What part of the money I worked for do you think you deserve now?

What part of the military that allowed you to be the "thinker" you claim to be do you want to corrupt now?

What part of the social experiment slippery slope do you wish to corrupt even further?

And finally, which glide path do you think best for the US as you "thinkers" do all you can to eliminate every single thing that made the US what it was?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OBL is retired on the french riviera. Not dead just retired. The EPA wants your land, all of it. How much more government do we need to pay for? This thread is about a huge land grab, not some dead or retired muslin. Get back on track. We have 50 or so non-enforcement agencies in the federal government arming them themselves. Why? You ever stop to think it is to grab your land, possessions, house, and pay check when ever they want it. Wake up Americans.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Your intelligence is only rivaled by your originality. Nice try but epic fail, champ. Keep playing, though. You're doing swell...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

What you confuse with thinking is nothing more than anathema to everything the US was built on and used to make the US the super-power it was. Without it we would never have done what we have done at war and during times of peace.

And now all you "thinkers" want a big piece of someone else's pie and wonder why your whining is not perceived as valuable. What part of the money I worked for do you think you deserve now?

What part of the military that allowed you to be the "thinker" you claim to be do you want to corrupt now?

What part of the social experiment slippery slope do you wish to corrupt even further?

And finally, which glide path do you think best for the US as you "thinkers" do all you can to eliminate every single thing that made the US what it was?

Quoted for truth.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (35, 6mmCreedmoor, 257 roberts, 2UP, 44mc, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 2,208 guests, and 869 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,710
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.