Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/04...spended-for-displaying-confederate-flag/

"The African-American students who immediately saw it really exercised heroic restraint and fortunately a teacher immediately confiscated the flag and took the students out of the gym,� Cregan said.

The students were initially suspended for 10 days, but Cregan decided Tuesday they won�t be allowed back, Brown reported."

"In response to those who said the students were exercising their right to free speech, Cregan said there are limits.

�I certainly think this particular symbol of hate falls in the category of something that should be excised from our culture,� Cregan said."

Confederate Flag represents godly defiance to tyranny in my mind.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nothing surprizes me anymore about this country. Sad times we live in....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Your country is so stuffed.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you should have posted the rest Father Cregan's remarks. Very reveling.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Typical. And selective enforcement from the Justice Dept. Imagine if the students had been wearing a Mexican Flag or a shirt with Malcom X's image on it. Have the New Black Prancers got a flag?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can see how some folks (uneducated about it though they may be) view it as a symbol of slavery, racism, and prejudice. To these people, it's no different than Jews being offended by a Nazi flag being displayed in their presence.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I should have pointed out at the get go that this is a private Roman Catholic school.

It kinda shocks me, the fervency of the hatred.
What was it? A couple of years ago a fellow was shot on a sidewalk for having a confederate flag. And the young man gunned down in Tenn. for flying one from his pickup truck.

I nailed a big confederate flag to the side of my house right after the Lawrence vs Texas decision came down. I stand in defiance of sodom. But thats just me...

I found this:

Sarasota teen shot over Confederate apparel, police say

Sarasota Herald-Tribune

Published: April 25, 2009

Michael Mitchell

A Sarasota Military Academy student has been arrested in the shooting of another teenager in downtown Sarasota Friday night.

Police say Michael J. Mitchell, 18, shot Dan. A. Azeff, 18, in the chest at about 10:40 p.m. Friday in the 1900 block of Main Street. Azeff, a student at Sarasota High School, was flown to Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, where he is listed in serious but stable condition.

According to police:

Mitchell and Azeff were walking down Main Street last night, both with separate groups of friends. The two did not know each other. Azeff was wearing a hat with a Confederate flag on it and carrying a Confederate flag. Mitchell confronted Azeff, reportedly asking him if he was a racist. The two got into an argument and Mitchell pulled out a gun and shot Azeff once in the chest.

Mitchell, of the 5300 block of Southerly Way, was arrested at his house early today on a charge of aggravated battery with a firearm

Back in 1995:

Mr. Westerman, 19, a white graduate of a high school whose teams are nicknamed the Rebels, was killed by a gunshot to the heart. The four black youths, Freddy Morrow, Damien Darden and Tony Andrews, all 17, and Marcus Merriweather, 15, were charged with murder in juvenile court on Thursday.

"I've talked to all of them and the only thing that might have motivated them was the fact that the truck had a Rebel flag on it," said Detective Dave Benton of the Robertson County Sheriff's office.

Last edited by Robert_White; 04/17/14.

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
WTF did the Confederate flag become the poster child for hate and racism?

People are friggin' nutz.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I wonder if the same attention and enforcement of the "rules" would have been exercised had he worn an Malcolm X T-shirt or one that depicted Black Panther images?
Sad thing is that neither student nor the administrators took the time to research the origin and true meaning of that flag....heck, I'm a "Yankee" by birth and I know those things. Maybe because I chose to educate myself on a variety of topics with an open mind....

Buy once, cry once.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
People who choose to be offended are going to find something to be offended about. You can never make enough changes to satisfy them. Ole Miss gave up Col. Reb and half the student body is still pissed about something!
Pavementends

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Confederate Flag don't belong in Long Island New York anyway...

Them two ole boys would be welcome here.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
My high school has been the Lamar "Redskins" since 1936, the PC crowd got a hold of it, now they are the Lamar "Texans". They thought it was offensive to native americans.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
WTF did the Confederate flag become the poster child for hate and racism?

People are friggin' nutz.

When it was co-opted by Nazi hate groups and the Klan.

Now a decent American can't fly it without being labeled a Nazi or Klucker.

You can thank those azzholes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
�It represents slavery to us. It represents racism and prejudice to us,� parent JuJu Quinnonez added.

This quote right here, from the article, reminds me of the old Tarzan movies with Johnny Weissmuller where the african safari "bearers" were terrified of the deep jungle african tribesmen (head hunters) playing their drums, and would warn their white masters . . . "Bwana, Bwana, JuJu man come!"

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To which the white hunter replies, "Ungawa! Pese, pese!", and the black safari headman would whip the bearers. They should have listened to the bearers, as they all get torn in half by "tear'em in half" bent trees or gorillas or just shot with poisoned arrows.

I also found humor in the name of the parent.

(Ungawa - generic African for hello, goodbye, lift that thing (to elephants), move your ass, or GFY.
Pese - "pace-ee or pace-ay" - faster, move your ass).

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shocking! Today the student with a Confederate flag is expelled; tomorrow, it'll be the student with a Nazi flag. smirk

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Shocking! Today the student with a Confederate flag is expelled; tomorrow, it'll be the student with a Nazi flag. smirk

The Confederate Flag represents a place in the history of about 25% of this country. The Nazi Flag, not so much. smirk

FJB & FJT
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's the chance you take when you live in a nation that has a guarantee of freedom of speech.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to argue with this POS on the Obama forums when they were up and runnig. He's the head guy of a black militant group in Texas and this was his avatar.

His office rent, supplies and payroll are totally funded by government grants.

Damn sad.

Denny

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Whatever one thinks of the Confederate Flag, the Nazi flag, the American flag or any other symbol - the whole point of the 1st Amendment is to protect the unpopular viewpoint, not the popular ones.

That guy Cregan is the kind of person the 1st Amendment was written to protect us against.

While we're at it, the f*cking BLM might want to read that, especially the fifth and sixth clauses.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 338Rules, 16penny, 907brass, 13 invisible), 1,187 guests, and 794 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,234
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.