Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
great...
just opened the shipping box from camera land, vortex cf2, and the scope rattles inside and has a optical blur half the size of the FOV
what's Neil tell me to do?
call vortex and let them handle it.
now they have my money they, apparently, are done.
or I can take this brand new scope to the shipper, send it to NY, and wait for them to send it to vortex.
First vortex I've ever bought and it's screwed.
no external damage to Fed ex box or scope.
I guess they are not as durable as they say.
so thanks camera land.
thanks vortex.
now I get to sit here and wait a couple weeks, hopefully, for vortex to fix this NEW scope.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Vortex will fix it but you're learning.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ringworm
great...
just opened the shipping box from camera land, vortex cf2, and the scope rattles inside and has a optical blur half the size of the FOV
or I can take this brand new scope to the shipper, send it to NY, and wait for them to send it to vortex.
so thanks camera land.
thanks vortex.
now I get to sit here and wait a couple weeks, hopefully, for vortex to fix this NEW scope.

This is not a product quality problem (though it may be related), it's a shipping problem. Cameraland may not be directly responsible for product quality, they are responsible for shipping. It is there responsibility to get a new optic to you undamaged - if the optic is damaged by the shipping that they arranged, they owe you a new optic immediately. Product repairs/ shipping claims are between Cameraland and Shipper, you shouldn't be involved.

I would reverse the charges on my credit card and let the CC company know that the scope is available for pick-up ( you aren't responsible for shipping the damged merchandise back). Your CC will have your funds back in a day or two and you will be free to purchase your new scope from someone else.

Obviously, this is not the preferred method of dealing with this, but if Cameraland is shirking their responsibility I would do it in a heart beat.

David

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
great...
so thanks camera land.
thanks vortex.

I am sorry that there is an issue with the Damaged Box Demo/Display Unit that you purchased. The unit that you purchaed was not a new unit, but one of the Damaged Box Demo/Display Units.
We do try to examine each scope before it leaves the store however some days that is an impossible task.
What Neil most likely suggested to you (I am out of the store today and was not there when he spoke with you) was to call Vortex, explain the situation to them and they inturn will send a pick up tag for the defective scope (so you do not need to pay for any shipping) and they will replace your reduced priced Damaged Box Demo/Display Unit with a new unit.
I know that this is what he most likely suggested as that is standard policy on any initial defective as having a client send the scope to us for us to send to the mfg and then the mfg replace it to us for us to replace to the client is grossly inefficient.
This will also upgrade the Damaged Box Demo/Display Unit that you purchased to a brand new unit.

I am sorry that there was an initial problem and that you are slightly inconvenienced, however, I do think Neil handled this correctly and quite honestly I think you owe him & Camera Land an apology for publically blasting him and Camera Land for attempting to assist you in the most efficient manner.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
you...
not Neil, you... stated the scopes were 100%`
" Everything is optically & functionally 100% and includes the Vortex VIP warranty."

so, you just hold you're breath while I prepare that apology.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
you...
" Everything is optically & functionally 100% and includes the Vortex VIP warranty."

Again, not your problem. I was preferring to believe they wouldn't ship you a trashed scope, but in reality it doesn't matter. They have to get the product to you undamaged. if it breaks after it arrives then it's your problem, if it arrives broken it's Cameralands problem. Call your Credit Card company, they will handle it, very little muss/fuss.

David

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
agreed.
Doug, do you think that if your ad/ site stated ..
demo and damage box scopes may rattle and not focus upon receipt"
oi you think you'd sell as many?
the only reason I purchased the item was because of your word that they were 100% functional.
and now you refer to the fact that the scope is broken as a minor inconvenience.
what a salesman.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you...

That is correct as when we received the hundreds of products from Vortex we were informed that they were damaged box/demos and display units that were 100% optically and functionally.
I guess a defective product slipped through. I am sorry that this situation happened as we pride ourselves on the quality of our products as well as the quality of our customer service.
Neil was attempting to assist you in the most efficient manner, which I believe he did. Getting a pick up tag and a new replacement scope to you in exchange for the discounted demo product you purchased seems to me to offering quality customer service.
We have been a sponsor on this forum for many years and I believe we have more than proven that we do all we can to offer a quality product at a good price and care about how and what we do.
If there is a better way to handle your situation please PM me a phone # to me that I can call you at as I am out of the store today and I shall do so.
Again, I am sorry that you have been inconvenienced

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Canazes9
you...

Again, not your problem. I was preferring to believe they wouldn't ship you a trashed scope, but in reality it doesn't matter. They have to get the product to you undamaged. if it breaks after it arrives then it's your problem, if it arrives broken it's Cameralands problem. Call your Credit Card company, they will handle it, very little muss/fuss.

David

David
You obviously have never done this after the first contact while the seller is agreeing to fix and improve everything. No CC company will do anything YET on this. Encouraging the idiot to continue to prove he is an idiot is not good for anyone.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

IIRC, you were run off once for being a dick and returned with a new name. Sometimes, karma's a bitch.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
if I'm an idiot, its only for believing the statement you made that " Everything is optically & functionally 100%".
I'd rather be called a fool than a liar.
and now you have taken a customers money, given them a broken and useless item, refused to assist them short of referring the manufacturers contact AND INSULTING THE CUSTOMER FOR COMPLAINING...
good business model.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If it means driving off a "customer" like you... it is a great business model.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
What has Vortex told you? Sounds like it's the most efficient route to go with them. If they treat you wrong I have no doubt Doug will take care of you but going straight to Vortex, as was recommended, sounds like common sense.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
so somehow I deserve a broken scope...
hard to type with Doug's d1co in your mouth?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if I'm an idiot, its only for believing the statement you made that " Everything is optically & functionally 100%".
I'd rather be called a fool than a liar.
and now you have taken a customers money, given them a broken and useless item, refused to assist them short of referring the manufacturers contact AND INSULTING THE CUSTOMER FOR COMPLAINING...
good business model.

Doug didn't call you an idiot, Art did.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
so somehow I deserve a broken scope...
hard to type with Doug's d1co in your mouth?

Great move there Mr Christian! Ever wonder why folks distrust you so much?

I never said you deserved a broken scope. What did you expect from Neil? Should he have immediately sent you out a new scope? To a two-faced schemer standing under the banner of Jesus?

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
like me or not...
Doug said the scopes were 100%, not that vortex tilled him they were 100%.
I called camera land for help and was told to call vortex.

regardless of what you think I'd my personality... I'm a customer and Doug has my money. I have a broken scope and now I have to wait for the manufacture to fix the issue.

you can decide if that's fair and good... even passable customer service.

Sitka, you are highly confused as to whom you are referring.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
I
I
Ringworm,

Just PM me your contact info and I�ll have our CS dept. get in touch with you regarding a replacement. We sell tens of thousands of Crossfire riflescopes; they�re just mechanical devices and as such can have a mechanical problem now and then (even new). Of course, I�m sorry that it had to happen to you, but we�ll get it replaced ASAP for you.

Paul @ Vortex

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

David
You obviously have never done this after the first contact while the seller is agreeing to fix and improve everything. No CC company will do anything YET on this. Encouraging the idiot to continue to prove he is an idiot is not good for anyone.

Obviously you are the one that's never tried, because you are wrong. The CC company will ask the OP if he tried to correct w/ the merchant - he has. After that they will take his statement, then they will reverse the charges and they'll do it right now. The OP is under no requirement to contact Camerland again or see what else they are willing to do for him at this point.

I'm well aware that Cameraland is seen in a very favorable light on this forum and also aware that the OP isn't likely to win any popularity contests. This isn't a schoolyard and we're not choosing sides for the big dodge ball game, so none of that matters.

Cameraland sold a discontinued scope that was damaged when it arrived - note, not blaming Cameraland, stuff happens, but those are the facts.

Cameraland then said the scope would be repaired/replaced by Vortex free of charge, it was best to deal direct with them. Now, this is probably the best option for the OP, it will get him a better quality scope for the same money in the least amount of time. I think that was what Cameraland was trying to do for him (I see Vortex has offered to expedite things and try and make him happy also). I agree with all that are promoting this as an idea of the best way to handle the situation.

The problem is that the OP isn't happy with that solution. The OP didn't buy a scope from Vortex - he bought it from Cameraland and that scope arrived broken. The OP does not have to accept this third party (Vortex repair/replace) solution.

He is well within his rights to demand an immediate replacement from Cameraland. If Cameraland cannot provide an immediate replacement then they must provide a full refund. If Cameraland had started by making it clear that was an option, he may not have ever posted, he may have just gone the route of involving the manufacturer.

Whether you like the OP or Cameraland doesn't enter into the discussion. They are bound by the same rules as all customer/merchant exchanges as dictated by both parties agreement to use a CC as the form of payment. The OP has a right to an immediate replacement or a refund, if Cameraland only gives him the option of going to a thirdy party(Vortex) then the CC company will credit the funds back (usually immediately).

The matter will go through their disputed claims process and take months to get settled. During that time, Camerland will be out both the scope and the funds. At the end of the dispute Cameraland will not get their funds back, they can issue a pu for the damaged scope. The OP won't have the upgraded scope that Vortex is offering for what seems to be a very good deal, but it IS HIS CHOICE.

I agree that posting these sorts of things rarely does you any favors and would not have done so myself, but Cameraland is not blameless here either - they should have offered to pick the scope up and refund his money if he wasn't happy with the return to Vortex.

David

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
David
Thank you for proving my points completely. You are clueless. Offering a faster way to deal with the problem is what was done and you think a CC company will jump right up and stand behind a customer demanding things be made more difficult?

I have had to use a CC company to get funds returned a number of times, and as recently as last year... They do not want to hear from someone being obtuse, difficult, and ridiculous.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,216
Posts18,466,338
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.