Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'll vouch for Doug's integrity and great customer service.

Ringworm, would you prefer to have your money back as a full refund? If so, just ask Doug for it. Neil gave you the most efficient solution to the problem. Vortex has now also offered to make good on the problem.

The only thing standing in the way of your satisfaction is making a decision about what exactly you want the two vendors to do for you. It is hard for them to have "good customer service" at this point if you won't give them some direction that they can take to make you happy.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by IdahoPro
Ringworm,

Just PM me your contact info and I�ll have our CS dept. get in touch with you regarding a replacement. We sell tens of thousands of Crossfire riflescopes; they�re just mechanical devices and as such can have a mechanical problem now and then (even new). Of course, I�m sorry that it had to happen to you, but we�ll get it replaced ASAP for you.

Paul @ Vortex

Straight from The Man and in line with the original recommendation.

All it comes down to now is if someone wants the problem rectified or they want to drag it out.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

I am sorry that there is an issue with the Damaged Box Demo/Display Unit that you purchased. The unit that you purchaed was not a new unit, but one of the Damaged Box Demo/Display Units.

the defective scope

and they will replace your reduced priced Damaged Box Demo/Display Unit with a new unit.

Damaged Box Demo/Display Unit that you purchased to a brand new unit.

What I got out of that is that you sold a defective unit and that you are damn sure everyone should know that the man purchased a defective "reduced price' item.

And damaged box is not the same as defective product.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ringworm, come down off your high horse and allow the man to fix the problem.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
David
Thank you for proving my points completely. You are clueless. Offering a faster way to deal with the problem is what was done and you think a CC company will jump right up and stand behind a customer demanding things be made more difficult?

I have had to use a CC company to get funds returned a number of times, and as recently as last year... They do not want to hear from someone being obtuse, difficult, and ridiculous.

Sitka

The CC companies do not let personality or emotion dictate their responses. The OP purchased a product from Camerland, the product was damaged upon receipt. Camerland cannot insist that he work through a third party when the merchandise was received damaged. If the OP doesn't want their proposed resolution he doesn't have to accept it, regardless whether you or anyone else thinks "its best".

You realize he could have also opened the box and thought "huh! I don't like the way it looks" and demanded a refund and the CC would still reverse the charges if Camerland refused to take it back? Or demanded a restocking fee that he didn't want to pay?

That is the protection that is offered when using a CC and it is one of the ways that CC encourage consumers to use them. It sounds like it's all one-sided for the consumer, but it's not because the CC use encourages many purchases that otherwise would not be made. The entire online portion of Cameraland's business would not have been possible without credit cards and they know as well as I do the consumer protections that are built in.

It's obvious you don't care for the OP very much and seemingly are displeased with me as well. Regardless, I'm still correct and you are still mistaken - The OP doesn't have to accept Cameralands (or Vortex) proposed solution. If he disputes the charges they will credit his account. Your feelings for the OP, Cameraland, Vortex, what you think is best or even what you think of me won't be considered.

David

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
"David
You obviously have never done this after the first contact while the seller is agreeing to fix and improve everything. No CC company will do anything YET on this. Encouraging the idiot to continue to prove he is an idiot is not good for anyone."
Sitka,
I am not taking either side on this(have had good dealings w/ CLNY); but I could have my money back from American Express in about 60 seconds by filing a dispute. Does not mean that will be the ultimate outcome of their investigation, though, but they will immediately cancel the transaction and take the side of their customer, Done it several times. Had Home Depot totally botch a hardwood floor install and their "trained " crew of Mexicans walked off the job 3 days before Christmas w/ my house a wreck. Was not getting anywhere with manager until I had AMEX yank $15k back; that got their attention.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I purchased a scope from Amazon that was defective on arrival. I contacted the manufacturer first and they said they would repair or replace the scope under warranty (no charge) but they were backed up and it would take a few weeks. I called Amazon and explained the situation and they said "No problem. Send us the scope and we'll replace it for free with no shipping charges."

The next day Amazon shipped out a new scope before receiving the one I returned.

Different strokes for different folks. smile

FWIW, I've purchased two binos and a rangefinder from Cameraland.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
that got their attention.

You have a gift for understatement, and humour! smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
"David
You obviously have never done this after the first contact while the seller is agreeing to fix and improve everything. No CC company will do anything YET on this. Encouraging the idiot to continue to prove he is an idiot is not good for anyone."
Sitka,
I am not taking either side on this(have had good dealings w/ CLNY); but I could have my money back from American Express in about 60 seconds by filing a dispute. Does not mean that will be the ultimate outcome of their investigation, though, but they will immediately cancel the transaction and take the side of their customer, Done it several times. Had Home Depot totally botch a hardwood floor install and their "trained " crew of Mexicans walked off the job 3 days before Christmas w/ my house a wreck. Was not getting anywhere with manager until I had AMEX yank $15k back; that got their attention.

Wow! A real dispute over a real problem and you were not being helped. That is as different from this situation as it is possible to get.

I have had the same results under like conditions. Here we have two different entities, retailer and manufacturer, both stepping up to get it resolved AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE and you see a problem the CC company wants to deal with? Would deal with at this stage?

GMAFB!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Wow! A real dispute over a real problem and you were not being helped. That is as different from this situation as it is possible to get.

I have had the same results under like conditions. Here we have two different entities, retailer and manufacturer, both stepping up to get it resolved AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE and you see a problem the CC company wants to deal with? Would deal with at this stage?

GMAFB!

Sitka,

That's a first class fit you've got going there! I suggest you hold your breathe until everybody quits telling Ringworm he can legitimately dispute the charges.

David

Last edited by Canazes9; 04/17/14.
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by JSTUART
that got their attention.

You have a gift for understatement, and humour! smile

Yep, ended up getting a 20% discount and hotel room for my inlaws for Christmas. AMEX customer service is unparalleled; well worth the annual fee. Lost my card prior to going on a ski trip one time; called them at 2pm on Friday. A courier was standing at my door at 10am the next morning w/ a new card.

Back on topic; I know it's frustrating to get a bad scope; but from my dealings w/ them; Vortex will make it right.

Last edited by Cruiser1; 04/17/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While disappointing, it happens. Doug is trying to make it right. You will end up with a new scope vs. a demo model and no shipping costs if you'll just be patient.

Can't ask for much more than that.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
yep, especially don't drag it out here. "WE" most of us have bought from Doug. I had a quality problem on some Bino's I bought from Cameraland. I sent them back to the manufacturer, they are in the process of sending me a new unit.

NOW, the first pair of these bino's, I ORDERED WRONG. Neil and Doug let me send them back and the sent me the pair I wanted I paid shipping and the difference in price, seamless transaction. GREAT service.

You will get it fixed

I would say, that's what you get for buying a Vortex but this would be very tacky

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Jeezus, sh*t happens..........send the busted scope to Vortex and get your new one and shut the F up.

You sound like a whinny little B*tch

Couple more names for the ignore list.

Double_D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by IdahoPro
Ringworm,

Just PM me your contact info and I�ll have our CS dept. get in touch with you regarding a replacement. We sell tens of thousands of Crossfire riflescopes; they�re just mechanical devices and as such can have a mechanical problem now and then (even new). Of course, I�m sorry that it had to happen to you, but we�ll get it replaced ASAP for you.

Paul @ Vortex

Good deal there. Thumbs up for Vortex and Cameraland.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by huntsman22
[Linked Image]

Yup. Holy crap! The man has been contacted by Doug and by Vortex. What more does he want, for crying out loud?
Fair to say that Cameraland has more than proved the quality of their customer service over the years, but there will always be someone who feels slighted if there is a problem, even when a solution is offered.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
He was sold a defective scope by Camera Land. Scopes are a mechanical device and having a bad one just happens every once in a while, that's not CL's fault but the way they handled the situation was wrong IMO. They should have immediatly sent him a call tag for the defective scope and when they got it back replaced it ASAP.

I you're going to be an internet retailer and have minimal overhead the only thing you can offer is lower prices and great customer service.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Skane, I'm not as good at making little maps as you are but the line should have been from the southern states up to CL and back. There should be no repair and Vortex should not even be involved in this, CL sold a defective scope (it happens not a big deal) they should have stood behind it and dealt with Vortex themselves.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
696 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 80 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.