-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try EuroOptic next time = awesome pricing & even better customer service!!!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I received a "bad" Weaver optic yesterday. After an email, the seller called me up, told me to send the bad optic back to him, and that a new one would be shipped USPS Priority in the morning.

I mailed the bad one out this afternoon. The new one is already en route. THAT is what "customer service" is all about......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Regardless of the condition the item was in when it left the shipper, and regardless of the packing; during shipping, a product inside a shipping box is exposed to strong forces that it would never be exposed to in normal use. It gets thrown around, it gets slammed around... that's life. But also, scopes, in general, have a significant failure rate anyway.

So I agree with you, that if you don't want to deal with Vortex, that's entirely your choice in the matter... So you can send the scope back to CL, get a refund and buy from someone else....you're done.

But if you have an aversion to dealing with Vortex as a company, to the point that you don't want to deal with their CS department, it's likely not a great idea to buy one of their products in the first place.

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by TopCat

But if you have an aversion to dealing with Vortex as a company, to the point that you don't want to deal with their CS department, it's likely not a great idea to buy one of their products in the first place.

Yep.

Because if you buy Vortex, you're going to deal with customer service. Awfully high rate of failure.

But yes, Cameraland should have taken the scope back, no questions asked. Not "send it to the factory".

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by prairie_goat

Yep.

Because if you buy Vortex, you're going to deal with customer service. Awfully high rate of failure.

But yes, Cameraland should have taken the scope back, no questions asked. Not "send it to the factory".

I agree with both of these statements 100%. I have probably owned more scopes and dealt with this $hit more than 95% ever will. Yesterday, Weaver offered to take my scope back, and send a new one upon receiving it. The DEALER said send it back to him, a new one is already in the mail, HE will deal with Weaver on the returned scope.......

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Jay from Sport Optics offers great deals for 24hr & Sniperhide members if your not happy with your current dealer.

For the NY fan club

Last edited by slg888; 04/17/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yep.

BUY LEUPOLD. They have NEVER sold me a bad scope. Seems to me there's a reason Vortex is cheaper.... Just Sayin.

And I may pay a little more, but I always buy my Optics from Cabela's. They never, ever question a return or refund. Best Customer Service for a Retail Sales Store, Ever.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reelman
Skane, I'm not as good at making little maps as you are but the line should have been from the southern states up to CL and back.

I should have prefaced that by saying things could have been handled better. I'm just not much for drama and if given the initial instructions, I would have called the company first before starting a thread.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
2muchgun has it right, Cameraland could have easily sent a replacement scope and had the buyer send it back to them to get a replacement from Vortex.

I have purchased many scopes, a spotter and a camera from Doug at Cameraland and have had superb service.

Seems like they could have done better on this one.

Enorton

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
I received a "bad" Weaver optic yesterday. After an email, the seller called me up, told me to send the bad optic back to him, and that a new one would be shipped USPS Priority in the morning.

I mailed the bad one out this afternoon. The new one is already en route. THAT is what "customer service" is all about......

This. ^^^^^^

I will say that the two Vortex products I own have been excellent. I'm still a bit bias toward Leupold, however.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bought several zeiss scopes and range finder from Doug, good Lord willing will buy many more.

Seems alot of stress over a $100 scope. Why even bring this up?

Seems problem is solved.

Quit being a child, it'll all work itself out.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Bought several zeiss scopes and range finder from Doug, good Lord willing will buy many more.

Seems alot of stress over a $100 scope. Why even bring this up?

Seems problem is solved.

Quit being a child, it'll all work itself out.

I agree, this seems to be a $100. scope, so you do need to consider that.

I have dealt with Doug on many optics over the years, both new and demo, Swaro.
Zeiss and Nikon.
He has been great to deal with, in any case, and has helped me well, when we
had to deal with any issue, for a return or replacement.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
It seems Ringworm will get a new scope for discounted or used price.....CL, Doug and Neil got drug thru the mud....and several from the cheap seat got to give their professional opinions...only to be put on the watch list.......what good came from this public post......I have bought several demo's and discontinued scopes from CL at one hell of a savings....knowing there is a chance I'd get a bad one.....but also knowing Doug or Neil will give me good advice....or fix it.....don't think OP really wanted it to work.....just my two cents.....
Archie Solomon

Men and Rivers are made crooked by the path of least resistance....!!!!!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 300MAG
Try EuroOptic next time = awesome pricing & even better customer service!!!

Doubt it and I have bought from both.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ck30943
It seems Ringworm will get a new scope for discounted or used price.....CL, Doug and Neil got drug thru the mud....and several from the cheap seat got to give their professional opinions...only to be put on the watch list.......what good came from this public post......I have bought several demo's and discontinued scopes from CL at one hell of a savings....knowing there is a chance I'd get a bad one.....but also knowing Doug or Neil will give me good advice....or fix it.....don't think OP really wanted it to work.....just my two cents.....
Archie Solomon

Actually what they told the OP to do was to send it to Vortex and basically cheat them into giving him a new scope instead of taking care of the matter themself. The man bought a demo scope and they are trying to get him to cheat Vortex, many of you seem OK with that but there are those of us who try not to cheat people every chance we get.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep.

Would you rather have Cameraland send you another demo scope (assuming they have one in stock) to replace the broken one, or talk/deal with Vortex with a high probability Vortex will send you a new scope? Consider the options in light of the experience with the demo.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IdahoPro
Ringworm,

Just PM me your contact info and I�ll have our CS dept. get in touch with you regarding a replacement. We sell tens of thousands of Crossfire riflescopes; they�re just mechanical devices and as such can have a mechanical problem now and then (even new). Of course, I�m sorry that it had to happen to you, but we�ll get it replaced ASAP for you.

Paul @ Vortex

Rambelon razorback

Cheating them out of something?

Find something else to stand up for....

So its ok the drag someone over the coals cause they ain't happy.
Answer me this, ever have dealimgs with Cameraland?

Last edited by BigDave39355; 04/17/14.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I walked into a brick and mortar retail store that was an authorized dealer for a given product and ...

If I found out that I purchased a defective product after opening it, immediately after I got home, I would expect the retail store to exchange it, same same, with no questions asked.

Is there a reason why an authorized internet retailer should not offer the same service?

edited to add: If the authorized retailer told me to contact the manufacturer I would not be a happy camper.

Last edited by fish head; 04/17/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Big Dave,

I didn't write anything about "cheating" anybody - that was somebody else that wrote that.

As long as everybody is up front and honest in this situation, there isn't any cheating occurring.

Ramblin Razorback

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry Ramblin Razorback, I am WRONG.

Reelman was the one talking about cheating Vortex

Dave

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (35, 44mc, 2UP, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 16 invisible), 1,490 guests, and 871 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,577
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.