Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Lonny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm not much of a TV watcher of weekly shows and pretty much hate all the reality stuff, but I caught a couple episodes of LBZ on the Nat Geo channel and found it to be pretty interesting. The new season starts tonight.

There didn't seem to be all the fake drama of the other shows that make most of the supposed outdoor characters look like inbred idiots.

Most of the episodes appeared just to be everyday life for the people they follow living in rural AK. Some characters were interesting to follow than others and it was kinda fun to see if anything was in the traps or if they would shoot any 'bou that day.

Anybody else watch the show?

GB1

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I watch it occasionally but oftentimes its reruns. I find Sue Aikens a bunch of do-do as she *acts like she knows it all and how you are supposed to run. She just hunts out the front door of her home.

This other guy...likes by himself and is pretty youngish is probably the only segment I like and the guy named Andy and his wife where they work to keep things going. Oh yeah this guy shot (or trapped) a Lynx and as he was skinning he said he was going to eat the meat?? I did not think you would eat predators but he said this is the only predator you can eat?

Normally I flip challens to find what is on and if I come across Live Below Zero I will watch some of it.

Lonny Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yeah ol' Sue sure seemed like the bullchitter of the bunch.

The young guy and the couple where the white guy is married to a native are the most interesting to watch for me. Wow, that native gal needs somebody to get her a decent rifle and scope would be nice too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by valad
I watch it occasionally but oftentimes its reruns. I find Sue Aikens a bunch of do-do as she *acts like she knows it all and how you are supposed to run. She just hunts out the front door of her home.

This other guy...likes by himself and is pretty youngish is probably the only segment I like and the guy named Andy and his wife where they work to keep things going. Oh yeah this guy shot (or trapped) a Lynx and as he was skinning he said he was going to eat the meat?? I did not think you would eat predators but he said this is the only predator you can eat?

Normally I flip challens to find what is on and if I come across Live Below Zero I will watch some of it.

know a few guys that say they prefer mountain lion to deer......real mild meat.....would guess lynx and bobcat are similar.....would cook to well done though.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, that native gal needs somebody to get her a decent rifle and scope would be nice too.

And somebody needs to tell her that there is no shame in using a rest. Machine, Husband, rock, bipod, anything. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Methinks Sue was probably rather (h)ornery to begin with, but years of cabin fever has likely taken it's toll. For somebody who likes to yap as much as she does, her odds of eating a bullet when the camera crews leave forever are better than 70/30 in my humble opinion.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
How about that one native gal and her husband. He spots, she shoots with an old hex Mosin. I'm not a regular viewer but I saw her take a wolf at decent range and a couple caribou.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
This is most definitely a T & A show.

That Sue..............woooooow...........I just wanna munch her rug right now.............

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The BS that flows out of Sue's mouth, especially about predators is unbelievable. I can't believe they air it.

The couple with the native wife are the real deal. I agree, somebody needs to buy her a better rifle and a good scope. They'd keep more meat.

The couple that lives in the cabin are out in the boonies, but their not so far out that he doesn't have heavy equipment and a truck, so at least their's a road. I'm thinking he has neighbors, too.

The young guy is living quite the life off the grid. Hunting, trapping.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My wife gets frustrated with me when this show is on because I get pretty grumbly when Sue is on. Gotten to the point where I try to mute her segment. I like the 2 individual guys and the Hailstones (Chip and his native wife). Chip is a regular poster on thehighroad. He is a big Mosin fan, hence their choice of rifles.

Montana MOFO
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I thought this posting was gonna be about Reggie Love. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ol strangers wife has killed some some nice animals with that ol Nagant. Couple yrs back she killed a monster brn bear with it, from the way stranger put it she has killed several like. If I remember right the skull measured 28 plus inches. The young guy hell he lives about 20 miles from Coldfoot so I wouldn't say he is living off the grid. Sue she has gotten to bushy as they call it in AK what does that mean well you lived to long out in the bush.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just watched a segment where the young guy who lives alone went blacktail hunting. If I caught it correctly, he was flown into the area by Taj Shoemaker.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's just like every other "reality" Alaska show on TV.

It's filled with drama and BS.

I do like the scenery though. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I forgot to ask ...

Who would like to bang Sue in her quonset hut for a winter? grin

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by fish head
I forgot to ask ...

Who would like to bang Sue in her quonset hut for a winter? grin

Oh! Oh! Oh!

NOT ME !!!!

Montana MOFO
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
This guy, would bang Sue.

Agree...this is a reality show so its set up so that it draws a crowd and up their rating. Nothing more. Matter of fact in real life Sue would be a miserable SOB! She is happy to earn a few bucks from this show.

Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
This is most definitely a T & A show.

That Sue..............woooooow...........I just wanna munch her rug right now.............

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can only comment on the Hailstones having read his stuff on Alaskaoutdoorsdirectory for several year. They are the real deal, with the pics to prove it. I have a lot of respect for them and their way of life. Pretty sure the producers want to add stuff thats not there, but hey its TV. I think most of you guys would enjoy his posts, I certainly do.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Like the show. Most of us Easterners know little about the Alaska bush & as a hunter & fisherman find the show interesting. As others have posted Sue is all hype & needs to go. I can't imagine living alone anywhere much less the Alaskan bush.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Lonny
Yeah ol' Sue sure seemed like the bullchitter of the bunch.

She's my least favorite character - probably voted for obammy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

178 members (2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 44automag, 30 invisible), 1,978 guests, and 1,032 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.