Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If fake drama's definition in Webster's isn't Sue, then I'll.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I look at the "Sue" segment's as the comedy portion of the show.

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I absolutely love the show, the only thing that could make it better is to have an episode with StripBuckHunter munchin' ole Sue's rug

Last edited by mirage243; 04/18/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of all the shows about Alaska, this one is probably my favorite. Chip and his wife are the real deal and what you see them do on tv is how they live their life.

Sue can be a hoot sometime but she talks to much for my liking.

The guy that lives near Coldfoot is living the life, hunting and trapping during the winter and guiding hunters in the spring and fall.

The couple living on the Yukon, well, they are a different breed to be sure and how his wife puts up with his bs is beyond me.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
... The couple living on the Yukon, well, they are a different breed to be sure and how his wife puts up with his bs is beyond me.

He sort of provides perspective - many of us could not exist in his world and I don't think that he could exist in ours.

As to the show in general, I wish that they would provide more information about their firearms when they are featured.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
The show can be entertaining, (which IS the goal), but that's about it.
The Family Guy is probably a more accurate reality show... wink

Anyone know why Chip Hailstone never handles a firearm?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chip does handle firearms, he just doesn't do it on film. Go visit the Alaska Outdoor Directory and read some of his stories, he's a fascinating indivdual.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like it a heck of a lot more than honey boo and some off that other reality crap they have on. Like most I think that Sue is a bit much. My favorite is the young guy. While he may not be what some consider totally off grid he does live in the bush making his living in the outdoors guiding trapping hunting. Im more interested in in watching their different lifestyles than worrying about just how off grid they are. My guess is anyone who is totally off grid probably ain't interested in sharing company with a tv production crew. I pickup what I can and laugh at the BS parts. Just TV.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Alaska is the darling for so many Reality TV Shows right now and many stink. Live Below o is the exception. Chip Hailstone and his crew live about a 2 hour Sno-go ride or 3.5 hours by boat east of Kotz. I have spent a lot of time out in Noorvik running Drug/Alcohol/Tobacco Free Softball tournaments over the years and they are good folks. Hell Noorvik is a great village with lots of game to be had.

I hope the show stays true to form and lives a long life!

Last edited by northwestalaska; 04/18/14.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (1eyedmule, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,921 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,476
Posts18,451,812
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.