-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the thread..it causes one to think.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Like Seafire, my wife and I too were born in 1952 ('twas a very good year.)

I must give all the credit to my little wifey since she is the one who is making the world a better place. Everyone loves her. She makes you laugh. She is always giving and rarely takes. She loves "old people" and is very considerate of them, always speaking to them at church, and serving them. She volunteers her time to help with community activities. She sacrifices her wants for those of her children, but especially for me. She reminds me so much of my mother, who was a Godly women, loved in the community, served her family and my dad, but was unfortunately taken so young in life (46 years old.) I am the luckiest man in the world to have had my mom and my lovely wife in my life! Think Proverbs 31!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by eh76
Thanks for the thread..it causes one to think.

About pizza? Me too.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I really don't see how one could be a hunter and not make the world a better place.

Hunting does that through conservation.

I think we all have that card punched.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I flush every Dimocrap I take.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
I really don't see how one could be a hunter and not make the world a better place.

Hunting does that through conservation.

I think we all have that card punched.

I've met a lot of hunters. And a lot of them are not making the world a better place.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
you don't need to worry about the world, only the people around you.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My daughter is a rising junior at ASU in nursing with a 3.80 GPA, and I kill every damn crow I see. Yeah. I am leaving it better than I found it.

GFY.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Berettaman
surprised more people havent mentioned volunteer work. Or maybe people dont volunteer much. I think that is one of the ways I make the world a better place. I am a firearm safety training instructor, president of my local Pheasants Forever chapter (which does a lot of youth and habitat activities), board member of a local sportsmens club, member of a number of conservation orgs, on the finance team at church, take care of the kids in the church nursery, and probably the biggest thing is i never pass a kid's lemonade stand without stopping and buying a lemonade.

And then I am raising my 3 kids to be conservative little hunters and fishermen! Oh, and almost forgot this, i am Vikings, Twins, and Gophers fan which obviously makes this world a better place!

You were doing great, right up to that last line, then it all fell apart... grin

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Like Seafire, my wife and I too were born in 1952 ('twas a very good year.)

I must give all the credit to my little wifey since she is the one who is making the world a better place. Everyone loves her. She makes you laugh. She is always giving and rarely takes. She loves "old people" and is very considerate of them, always speaking to them at church, and serving them. She volunteers her time to help with community activities. She sacrifices her wants for those of her children, but especially for me. She reminds me so much of my mother, who was a Godly women, loved in the community, served her family and my dad, but was unfortunately taken so young in life (46 years old.) I am the luckiest man in the world to have had my mom and my lovely wife in my life! Think Proverbs 31!

Good post Okie!

God Bless both of the lovely ladies in your life...

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by stxhunter
you don't need to worry about the world, only the people around you.

A bit of true wisdom.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Have you made, or are you making the world a better place?

Yes.

Racists don't make the world a better place. They're losers and breed hate which does the world no good

Your choices are your own fella...just don't ask me to buy into them.

And I won't ask you to buy into mine.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
To be honest it wasn't until my fourties that I started to think of others. I guess I was so wrapped up in my family and career.

At some point I started volunteering, quietly helping the private Christian school, quietly helping the local mountain bike club, quietly helping the local conservation club reforest our valley bottom, etc.

In our little cities river bottom we have now got more 6,000 trees planted. It won't really be noticeable until I'm sucking food out of a straw but it will make a difference.

Why? Not sure, makes me feel good in a very satisfying way. So yes, in my own small way I'm trying to give something back.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Does feeding the world with azzloads of oil and gas count? I reckon I am on at least 90 years of production in my short 30 year career. smile

Conduct is the best proof of character.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Basically the world is in an ever increasing downhill spiral. Trying to not make it a worse place on my account. Win some - - - lose some.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A lot of women would say i have made it better for them

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Not to pat myself on the back but by some of my efforts volunteering and my ethics as a whole I think I have made it a better place but there's a lot of work for myself and others to do

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (10Glocks, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,581 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,668
Posts18,455,952
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.